There Will Never Be A "cure" For Baldness

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's too much of a varying disorder for there to be a cure all. Better treatments can happen, but there will never be a cure. The day they can cure everyone that suffers from this disorder is the day they can cure mortality. Similar to cancer. There will never be an outright "cure" for cancer. It affects too many different people in too many different ways.. Like "Hey, Janice.. I know you've smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day for 30 years, but just take this pill twice a day and it will cure your advanced lung cancer in 3 months"

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol if we will be last generation suffered from this plague

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you would be very hard-pressed to find many scientists that would agree with that.

The research in the pipeline involving stem cells shows that it IS possible to create new hair from existing cells and/or stimulate growth of existing follicles. It doesn't really matter what varying causes are at work because if you can make new hair or induce the growth of new ones, that will functionally be a cure.

As Androgenetic Alopecia is genetic, the only way to eradicate it completely would be via genetic engineering. Which is going to happen whether people like it or not.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"sh*t didn't work out in the 70s, 80s or 90s so there's no way it's going to work ever despite solid scientific evidence and promising clinical trials for new treatments."

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Human body bit more complex than a Smartphone..

Anyways living in hope of a cure is fruitless endeavour. If one comes along great but definately
Not worth holding our breaths. Nor should we hang on the words of these scientists. Live life and wait for the news story..

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive been fighting hair loss over ten years and still have a nw2. Its become so common place for me i dont even care about a cure.. Id be just happy with a really good treatment that gave regrowth and lasted long.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you're right. We shouldn't hang on the words of scientists who understand the complexities of the human body and whose research is peer-reviewed and published in the most reputable science journals the world over.

We should trust you.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, you're right. We shouldn't hang on the words of scientists who understand the complexities of the human body and whose research is peer-reviewed and published in the most reputable science journals the world over.

We should trust you.

Oh mate dont throw toys out of pram. Lol.

You have misunderstood me. I did not mean we shouldnt believe them.. I meant we shouldnt hang on their words and sit waiting like a puppy at a door for its owner. Reason being as we well know the old adage 'its going to be the next 5yrs is thrown around by these companies every 5 years!

It will come but when is any mans guess. All i know is that i wont be holding my breath. I started at 18 and at time was the same excitment on the forums...im 30now

FootyStar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's too much of a varying disorder for there to be a cure all. Better treatments can happen, but there will never be a cure. The day they can cure everyone that suffers from this disorder is the day they can cure mortality. Similar to cancer. There will never be an outright "cure" for cancer. It affects too many different people in too many different ways.. Like "Hey, Janice.. I know you've smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day for 30 years, but just take this pill twice a day and it will cure your advanced lung cancer in 3 months"

I think it is inevitable that they will cure all forms of baldness. Stem cell technology has HUGE potential and Tsuji is only hitting the tip of the iceberg with his treatments. When the technology improves we will be able to clone and even genetically engineer enhanced replacements for whatever is causing our hair loss, be it DHT-resistant hair follicles, skin tissue or even your immune system itself (provided they don't find someway to retrain it first).

The key question is more WHEN will these things happen.

We will. If we neuter ourselves.

And if I shut down my immune system...OH WAIT

shookwun

Reaction score
What is the maximum an average density scalp can achieve over time from FUE?

I was thinking around 6000.

combined with a couple futs for average skin elasticity, another 6000

Average person might have 9000-12,000 grafts available?

shookwun

Reaction score
I am wondering what the average amount of grafts some one has for FUE, and FUT?

For FUT I heard the average person has enough room for 2 strips.(Max 3) Average strip contains around 2250-3000.

Run a Eunuch game just as you begin hair loss..you'll never go bald.

Cure for the average male pattern baldness guy who treats his hair early is already here: finasteride/dutasteride plus hair transplants.

In the future there will be better treatments and you could stack them together - this is key for people already bald or quite bald with limited grafts. Perhaps people who can't/won't take finasteride. It's a long road though, costs, safety, efficacy, availability e.t.c.

That's why noobs should hold onto native hair as much as possible. It's not easy to fully replicate mother nature in any aspect of medicine.

Shooks, I think the average person has 4-6k grafts or do you mean over harvesting? It's easy to work out. A surgeon determines how many grafts (and hairs) per cm2 are present, multiple by whatever number is necessary at the back. I am 10k with a combo of FUE and FUT, without over harvesting.

How are you feeling thus far? post operation blues is a very real feeling. At times I was very depressed with the outcome, and the recovery time. Going from a bald to even balder can be troublesome.

your pre operation hair is good, and I would imagine that after this transplant you will buy yourself a good ten years before you may need a touch up? Depending on how well you like the density at the front.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the maximum an average density scalp can achieve over time from FUE?

I was thinking around 6000.

combined with a couple futs for average skin elasticity, another 6000

Average person might have 9000-12,000 grafts available?

Damn 12,000 is a lot

I'm anxious to hear how many I have when I see the Doctor before my procedure. From my pics he has my donor rated as "average - high"

Reaction score
Cure for the average male pattern baldness guy who treats his hair early is already here: finasteride/dutasteride plus hair transplants.
Wolf, as someone who started finasteride at a younger age than you did I might be in for 25+ years of finasteride usage - Is there any reason for you to believe that finasteride might cause adverse effects after like 15 years in someone who has been fine for the first couple of years? I do realize that there is a study that suggests safety and efficacy for the first ten years but I don't know about any studies that cover more than ten years (maybe there was a study for proscar which I don't know?).
Thanks in advance

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Prince will is a cool guy. Kate is gorgeous yes. There will be ppl here say she stuck with him cus hes a prince lol