There Will Never Be A "cure" For Baldness

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kate actually looks quite a bit older than 34, too much tan, probably secretly smokes (or used to). Maybe considering his poor genetics he decided to go with someone closer to his age in terms of appearance.

blackg

Reaction score
Kate actually looks quite a bit older than 34, too much tan, probably secretly smokes (or used to). Maybe considering his poor genetics he decided to go with someone closer to his age in terms of appearance.
I agree on this one. Too much tan, fake or otherwise, can really make a woman look non human. Pale girls all the way for me!

Or, a natural Mediterranean look. SEXY!

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A "cure" to me doesn't involve transplants and drugs with side effects.. Not knocking either, I will use both routes if need be.. but, I'll never feel "cured"................................

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
"sh*t didn't work out in the 70s, 80s or 90s so there's no way it's going to work ever despite solid scientific evidence and promising clinical trials for new treatments."
Are you 'That Guy' who believes everything he wants to believe? I do love your optimism. Hopefully we are not on these forums in another 10 years :(

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only cure would be some type of gene therapy. A hair transplant with unlimited donor supply would be the next best option, which is kind of what Tsuji's team are up to.
Everything else is a treatment, not a cure. They will all require daily maintenance, surgeries and drugs.

A "cure" to me doesn't involve transplants and drugs with side effects.. Not knocking either, I will use both routes if need be.. but, I'll never feel "cured"................................
re

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you 'That Guy' who believes everything he wants to believe? I do love your optimism. Hopefully we are not on these forums in another 10 years :(

No, I'm that guy who believes in the science and research that has been put forth. I wouldn't call myself an "optimist" because I don't inherently look on the bright side of things. Like most, until I started losing hair, this topic was of no interest to me at all. When I first started reading about conventional treatments and future ideas, I wasn't really convinced much of anything good was likely to happen.

Everything changed in the last few months, though - especially in regards to Tsuji. What's happening right now is historically unprecedented in regards to hairloss treatments. Treatments in Phase II, some even in III, fully functional follicles grown in labs with the aim of commercializing that treatment in the not-too-distant future, solid science backing it etc.

So yeah, when all these people are like "Oh well, they said the cure was coming 20 years ago and it never did." Yeah well, this isn't 20 years ago - the situation and technology is different and better. What "they" said decades ago doesn't matter because it wasn't backed by anything more than the predictions of hopeful futurists.

This year has been a ground-breaking one for regenerative medicine. OpenBionics has created a functional, Deus Ex inspired bionic arm that you'll be able to 3D print yourself in 2017, scientists discovered an enzyme in mitochondria that is responsible for wrinkling skin and could very well lead to treatments resulting in youthful skin, Tsuji is growing teeth, skin and hair, Shiseido is carrying on where RepliCel left off, Follica and Histogen are on the home-stretch and CRISPR is being put to human trials.

It's simply dishonest to suggest that the past was just like this.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I'm that guy who believes in the science and research that has been put forth. I wouldn't call myself an "optimist" because I don't inherently look on the bright side of things. Like most, until I started losing hair, this topic was of no interest to me at all. When I first started reading about conventional treatments and future ideas, I wasn't really convinced much of anything good was likely to happen.

Everything changed in the last few months, though - especially in regards to Tsuji. What's happening right now is historically unprecedented in regards to hairloss treatments. Treatments in Phase II, some even in III, fully functional follicles grown in labs with the aim of commercializing that treatment in the not-too-distant future, solid science backing it etc.

So yeah, when all these people are like "Oh well, they said the cure was coming 20 years ago and it never did." Yeah well, this isn't 20 years ago - the situation and technology is different and better. What "they" said decades ago doesn't matter because it wasn't backed by anything more than the predictions of hopeful futurists.

This year has been a ground-breaking one for regenerative medicine. OpenBionics has created a functional, Deus Ex inspired bionic arm that you'll be able to 3D print yourself in 2017, scientists discovered an enzyme in mitochondria that is responsible for wrinkling skin and could very well lead to treatments resulting in youthful skin, Tsuji is growing teeth, skin and hair, Shiseido is carrying on where RepliCel left off, Follica and Histogen are on the home-stretch and CRISPR is being put to human trials.

It's simply dishonest to suggest that the past was just like this.
I stand by my original post, I guess you are 'that guy'. Replicel and Follica haven't shown one picture for proof. Replicel first phase results are a joke not even compareable to crappy minoxidil. Tsuji if it works as planned could be 10 years away and the same with CRISPR (CRISPR could be even more with the amount of trials they would need to go through to prove safety with gene editing). That punse who works Kerastem and was touting 15 years ago when working for Aderans they were growing new hair.

That is all

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cure for the average male pattern baldness guy who treats his hair early is already here: finasteride/dutasteride plus hair transplants.

The only cure would be some type of gene therapy. A hair transplant with unlimited donor supply would be the next best option, which is kind of what Tsuji's team are up to.

Everything else is a treatment, not a cure. They will all require daily maintenance, surgeries and drugs.

I'm going to have to agree that to me a cure doesn't involved continuous treatment to suppress symptoms. If that were the case, herpes would be "cured."

Even with HIV you can live a relatively " normal" life if you have the resources. It's not cured.

Think about it, if you ever find yourself separated from the luxury of pharmaceutical medicine for an extended period of time, your hair is fucked.

As things stand now, if society goes to sh*t....well so does our hair. We'll be wandering through the wastelands of a post-apocalyptic world with our transplanted hairlines and bald scalps lol

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree that to me a cure doesn't involved continuous treatment to suppress symptoms. If that were the case, herpes would be "cured."

Even with HIV you can live a relatively " normal" life if you have the resources. It's not cured.

Think about it, if you ever find yourself separated from the luxury of pharmaceutical medicine for an extended period of time, your hair is fucked.

As things stand now, if society goes to sh*t....well so does our hair. We'll be wandering through the wastelands of a post-apocalyptic world with our transplanted hairlines and bald scalps lol

HA!!! there should be a scene about this in The Walking Dead. Some crazy scavenger collecting Rogaine from all the torn up stores.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pale as a sheet, and I hate it. I use fake tan to not ruin my skin with real tanning.

I back Blackg on this one. Yes, dark complexion is hot on a woman, but there is something super hot about pale women.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I'm curious

As a dude so committed to eating out as many chicks as possible

Do you eat a**?

hahaha... this would be a good signature. No.

- and, I never said I was dedicated to eating out as many chicks as possible. I only do so when I am dedicated to the woman. ;)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
hahaha... this would be a good signature. No.

- and, I never said I was dedicated to eating out as many chicks as possible. I only do so when I am dedicated to the woman. ;)

Lol fair enough.

What if she told you it was the only way for her to be fully sexually satisfied?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I back Blackg on this one. Yes, dark complexion is hot on a woman, but there is something super hot about pale women.

Good to hear it :) Don't think I'll stop using fake tan though, I feel a lot better with a bit of colour. But of course there's a thing such as too much tan, so I try to keep it 'natural', or somewhat.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear it :) Don't think I'll stop using fake tan though, I feel a lot better with a bit of colour. But of course there's a thing such as too much tan, so I try to keep it 'natural', or somewhat.

What specific fake tan do you use? if you don't mind my asking

I'm curious about it for myself. I use tretinoin so real tanning isn't an option