There Chance To Cure In The Next 5 Years ?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about all the history of Hair loss treatments, but I know that almost 20 years (since Propecia and minoxidil) no one really finds another good treatment, maybe there some improvement in the hair transplant but not so big deal.

I see that there a lot of future treatment upcoming, but my question it - the cure is really closer than ever? there always was a lot of companies that developed hair loss treatments that don't work or shell we closer than ever to the cure?

and if yes you think it will come in the next 4-5 years?

No, don't let the hair transplant quacks butcher your scalp. Wait for something better. Good people are working on it.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
There will never be a cure so far as there isn't a cure for shortness, a big nose, other genetic traits. The best we can hope for is some sort of maintenance treatment or infinite donor cloning followed by a transplant. Or some localized growth factors / dht inhibitor combination that doesn't go systemic.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There will never be a cure so far as there isn't a cure for shortness, a big nose, other genetic traits. The best we can hope for is some sort of maintenance treatment or infinite donor cloning followed by a transplant. Or some localized growth factors / dht inhibitor combination that doesn't go systemic.

How is infinite donor transplants not a cure

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares about the semantics if it would fix our problem. This is the kind of nitpicking that makes me not want to post here anymore. Baldies have some real issues. There's so much despair, whining, nit-picking, assuming, and projecting on this forum.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To me that is a treatment not a cure.

Subtle difference, but suppose that your new donor hair thins in the recipient region, as it does happen with transplant patients. Then you have to go back and get another transplant, etc.

For most people, donor hair doesn't really thin in the recipient area. That hair is permanent. The native hair around it thins and then they have odd patches of transplanted hair left. I've been to Turkey and you'd be amazed how many older guys are walking around with this.

So a transplant to sufficient density with unlimited donor hair is for all intents and purposes a cure for common androgenic alopecia. You have it done and you can stop thinking about it for the rest of your life.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
For most people, donor hair doesn't really thin in the recipient area. That hair is permanent. The native hair around it thins and then they have odd patches of transplanted hair left. I've been to Turkey and you'd be amazed how many older guys are walking around with this.

So a transplant to sufficient density with unlimited donor hair is for all intents and purposes a cure for common androgenic alopecia. You have it done and you can stop thinking about it for the rest of your life.

Most people do not have dupa in their donor regions, that is true. I know a few Norwood 7 guys at work who do though.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We're nearing Q4 of this year and still nothing new. Do you guys think that we will at least RCH-01 by 2023 ? I know it sounds like a joke given the results of their recent research. But that's one of the closest things we've got to commercialization. Tsuji is too far to be available for our money.

hair transplant + rch01, is still the way to go for me

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have diffuse hair loss too. But can't we get a hair tranplant between the hairs ? just like they do when they increase the density

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think tsuji would be good news even for people with diffused donor areas. They would just potentially have to do a top up treatment at some point.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if diffuse folks have other underlying problems (undiagnosed food intolerances / allergies, harmful bacterial population in the small intestine, metabolic diseases etc.)
Don't see why. In a way dffuse and even DUPA is the more logical hairloss patter. Your hair are sensitive to DHT and they die all over your scalp.
Much easier to understand for me than some hairloss patterns where the hairs 'strategically retreat' bit by bit like a regiment with a closed front right from the hairline all the way back to the neck.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't see why. In a way dffuse and even DUPA is the more logical hairloss patter. Your hair are sensitive to DHT and they die all over your scalp.
Much easier to understand for me than some hairloss patterns where the hairs 'strategically retreat' bit by bit like a regiment with a closed front right from the hairline all the way back to the neck.
Just because we don't understand it very well doesn't make it less logical.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because we don't understand it very well doesn't make it less logical.

This is something I'm just starting to wrap my head round, medical literature is basically a huge guessing game based on data. There isnt a huge amount of things we DEFINITELY know the answer too, especially when it comes too what takes place in vivo.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some top notch researchers have said all along that the best, most cost-effective treatment will be a small molecule drug. Our bodies are made of small molecules, and so will "the cure" be eventually. Tsuji et al are probably toiling away on elaborate treatments that will one day be considered prohibitively expensive obsolete technologies displaced by cheap OTC creams and ointments that will grow oodles of hair on the slickest NW7 scalps. https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/31/cure-baldness-possible-molecule-breakthrough-study-claims-13065793/

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a fantasy. No single small molecule is every going to cure hair loss. Ralf Paus is most optimistic about it because that's where his research is and his money is made, and even he admits that.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have much more faith in Tsuji eventually becoming a cost-effective process than a small molecule cure being developed.

If there is a particularly effective small molecule route I suspect it'd be a series of applications of different molecules during specific windows, and these would have to be somewhat tailored to the individual.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's a fantasy. No single small molecule is every going to cure hair loss. Ralf Paus is most optimistic about it because that's where his research is and his money is made, and even he admits that.

A cocktail of small molecule drugs is already being used to activate progenitor cells in the cochlea, a sealed organ and much more difficult to treat than male pattern baldness. It's a much harder problem to solve than pattern baldness because these "hair cells" are much more specialized than scalp hair. And unlike scalp hair which normally re-grows for most people, sensorineural cells can't regrow after they've broken off due to noise exposure or aging. Theyre just not designed to regrow. That is until now. Growing scalp hair should be a walk in the park by comparison. https://www.frequencytx.com/

Last edited: