There Chance To Cure In The Next 5 Years ?

ariel12160

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know much about all the history of Hair loss treatments, but I know that almost 20 years (since Propecia and minoxidil) no one really finds another good treatment, maybe there some improvement in the hair transplant but not so big deal.

I see that there a lot of future treatment upcoming, but my question it - the cure is really closer than ever? there always was a lot of companies that developed hair loss treatments that don't work or shell we closer than ever to the cure?

and if yes you think it will come in the next 4-5 years?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about all the history of Hair loss treatments, but I know that almost 20 years (since Propecia and minoxidil) no one really finds another good treatment, maybe there some improvement in the hair transplant but not so big deal.

I see that there a lot of future treatment upcoming, but my question it - the cure is really closer than ever? there always was a lot of companies that developed hair loss treatments that don't work or shell we closer than ever to the cure?

and if yes you think it will come in the next 4-5 years?
If Tsuji succeeds its a cure. But affordable within 5 years.. nope.
Personally i have my hopes up for the combination regime of WAY and PTD-DBM.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want some wild speculation I'd say 90% within 10 years, 50% within 5. And by that I mean "effective" cure meaning you might need continued treatment, but you can live Androgenetic Alopecia free.

Chap1

My Regimen
Reaction score
We all hope. All most of us can do right now is cheer on the people working on new treatments/cures. But in 5 years a new treatment will likely be available, in my opinion.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 is the best chance we have since we've seen it working on humans.

Tsuji is too good to be true. I bet it will fail the first human trials and they'll have to go nack to the drawing board a couple times. It's simply too ambitious. 2025 maybe.

Undertaker

My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 is the best chance we have since we've seen it working on humans.

Tsuji is too good to be true. I bet it will fail the first human trials and they'll have to go nack to the drawing board a couple times. It's simply too ambitious. 2025 maybe.
Get ready for all the backlash you are going to receive for this

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows, just move on with your life and periodically check for any updates. There's no point wasting your time hoping only to realize 5 years have gone by and the supposed cure is only another 5 years away.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have watched these boards a long time. We have 2 real treatments for the last 25 years. No way on earth male pattern baldness is cured in the next 5 years. Better treatments maybe preventing male pattern baldness? Maybe, but more of the same for sure so maybe 1 or 2 new treatments if we get very lucky.
Today right now if your not on the big 3 do it. Dont wait. Things change much more slowly than you think and its very very possible in 5 years your saying the same things.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough road for me. I have DUPA so Tsuji is completely useless for me. I'm glad for the people if could cure though. That seems to be the only thing going now, and Choi went into hiding. I think in the next 25-30 years there will be a new decent treatment for me.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that it's now at a point where, depending on your individual needs and the size of your wallet, a "functional cure" for Androgenetic Alopecia with ostensibly guaranteed results is pretty damn close.

We're actually already kinda there in the sense that with advancements in transplants, and if you can find yourself a really skilled surgeon, some people (lower NWs) get results so good that even though it's a half-*** solution, the improvement more than makes up for it. There have also been some incredibly-lucky responders to finasteride, minodixil, or barebones dermarolling that have amounted to functional cures.

But these people are the minority, and there are risks; sometimes, substantial risks.

However, by my looking into the subject, there has never been so many companies (big and small) that are actively seeking to eliminate these risks and dismal results, and there has never been so many to make it this far through clinical trials.

IMO, the big three right now are Follica, Shiseido, and RIKEN (Tsuji). They all have positive trial results that have warranted pushing into the next phase, they are all backed by successful and wealthy cosmetics/research/biotech companies, and they have shown human results. We know that wounding neogenesis is a viable method of growing hair, but getting the most out of those results has eluded other studies; RCH-01 showed positive results among everyone who was treated to protocol, and Shiseido is expanding their operations for distribution of the product in Asia ahead of any public unveiling of their Phase II (their last trial before a conditional market release); Tsuji's tech has repeatedly grown human hair successfully, they found a solution to the multiplication problem (as did Terskikh), and it has grown hair with human cells in animals with no illl effects quite a number of times, and they're actually still on schedule for a release in Japan in 2020 which is amazing.

There's no smoking gun regarding some negative variable on these things that suggests their failure is terribly likely at this point, so there is no point dwelling on some unknown "what if" that there is no real evidence for; that's what most of the people around here who are always freakin' out and being all cynical fail to realize.

Will we all be fullheads in the next five years? No, especially when you consider the inevitable cost. However, I think it's obvious at this point that superior options, some which could amount to a functional cure in certain scenarios, is pretty damn close.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that it's now at a point where, depending on your individual needs and the size of your wallet, a "functional cure" for Androgenetic Alopecia with ostensibly guaranteed results is pretty damn close.

We're actually already kinda there in the sense that with advancements in transplants, and if you can find yourself a really skilled surgeon, some people (lower NWs) get results so good that even though it's a half-*** solution, the improvement more than makes up for it. There have also been some incredibly-lucky responders to finasteride, minodixil, or barebones dermarolling that have amounted to functional cures.

But these people are the minority, and there are risks; sometimes, substantial risks.

However, by my looking into the subject, there has never been so many companies (big and small) that are actively seeking to eliminate these risks and dismal results, and there has never been so many to make it this far through clinical trials.

IMO, the big three right now are Follica, Shiseido, and RIKEN (Tsuji). They all have positive trial results that have warranted pushing into the next phase, they are all backed by successful and wealthy cosmetics/research/biotech companies, and they have shown human results. We know that wounding neogenesis is a viable method of growing hair, but getting the most out of those results has eluded other studies; RCH-01 showed positive results among everyone who was treated to protocol, and Shiseido is expanding their operations for distribution of the product in Asia ahead of any public unveiling of their Phase II (their last trial before a conditional market release); Tsuji's tech has repeatedly grown human hair successfully, they found a solution to the multiplication problem (as did Terskikh), and it has grown hair with human cells in animals with no illl effects quite a number of times, and they're actually still on schedule for a release in Japan in 2020 which is amazing.

There's no smoking gun regarding some negative variable on these things that suggests their failure is terribly likely at this point, so there is no point dwelling on some unknown "what if" that there is no real evidence for; that's what most of the people around here who are always freakin' out and being all cynical fail to realize.

Will we all be fullheads in the next five years? No, especially when you consider the inevitable cost. However, I think it's obvious at this point that superior options, some which could amount to a functional cure in certain scenarios, is pretty damn close.
Well said in my opinion.

Rch-01 wont be a conditional release but a full release. They take advantage of a new regulation pathway.

And I think you forgot to mention Brotzu :D

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough road for me. I have DUPA so Tsuji is completely useless for me. I'm glad for the people if could cure though. That seems to be the only thing going now, and Choi went into hiding. I think in the next 25-30 years there will be a new decent treatment for me.

I think only people with alopecia totalis/universalis lose all facial and scalp hairs but they can still take treatment for this condition(autoimmune). For the others(genetic hairloss) there are hairs remaining even for dupa. Dupa means miniaturization may occur everywhere, that does not means you have 100% miniaturization.
Even the most advanced norwood has remaining hairs which don't surrender.
watch this guy you may think he is 100% slick bald? Well watch closely along the hairline... ; ) I mean even if this guy had genetic hairloss all over the place he would still have some hairs for methods such as tsuji. but of course it's all hypothetical at this point , it's just an example to explain.
Show me a case of androgenetic alopecia (dupa pattern) who has lost 100% of hairs. I guess you won't find 1

oh I was just thinknig about sth;Lets imagine someone in the future go for tsuji method(again hypothetical): he migth be unlucky enough doctor use prone to dht samples?! But at the time of the procedure these follicles are healthy. So what? it's time for another procedure? How do we know a follicle will be not prone to dht over time? Maybe I have missed an info.

February222010622.jpg

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think only people with alopecia totalis/universalis lose all facial and scalp hairs but they can still take treatment for this condition(autoimmune). For the others(genetic hairloss) there are hairs remaining even for dupa. Dupa means miniaturization may occur everywhere, that does not means you have 100% miniaturization.
Even the most advanced norwood has remaining hairs which don't surrender.
watch this guy you may think he is 100% slick bald? Well watch closely along the hairline... ; ) I mean even if this guy had genetic hairloss all over the place he would still have some hairs for methods such as tsuji. but of course it's all hypothetical at this point , it's just an example to explain.
Show me a case of androgenetic alopecia (dupa pattern) who has lost 100% of hairs. I guess you won't find 1

oh I was just thinknig about sth;Lets imagine someone in the future go for tsuji method(again hypothetical): he migth be unlucky enough doctor use prone to dht samples?! But at the time of the procedure these follicles are healthy. So what? it's time for another procedure? How do we know a follicle will be not prone to dht over time? Maybe I have missed an info.

View attachment 97602
Oh, I probably don't have DUPA then. My hair is just falling out all over my head and sideburns. I got a biopsy and it came back negative for male pattern baldness. Which means not a ton of miniaturization for me I guess. It just decided it wants to fall out and my doctors haven't been able to find a reason for it. Who knows. My doctors is actually having me get checked for autoimmune diseases. But I doubt Tsuji will be useful for me.

H

Reaction score
I have a hard time thinking nw7-5s will have a cure or a practical treatment in in the near future that restores them to baseline without illusive tactics. You'd think just wanting your hair back would be a pretty humble request for our times with people like Ray Kurzweil spouting about a singularity being right around the corner and such just imagine what those forums will look like in the 2040s.