There Chance To Cure In The Next 5 Years ?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have much more faith in Tsuji eventually becoming a cost-effective process than a small molecule cure being developed.

If there is a particularly effective small molecule route I suspect it'd be a series of applications of different molecules during specific windows, and these would have to be somewhat tailored to the individual.

And so maybe a future cream or ointment will come in several variants, like so much shampoo for dry to oily scalps or some such. I can see it all now, the sales person will say, Ah! You want this tube for type b hair loss. That'll be $9.95. And would you like to donate $2 dollars to Dutch refugees displaced by rising sea levels?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And so maybe a future cream or ointment will come in several variants, like so much shampoo for dry to oily scalps or some such. I can see it all now, the sales person will say, Ah! You want this tube for type b hair loss. That'll be $9.95. And would you like to donate $2 dollars to Dutch refugees displaced by rising sea levels?

Really I'm seeing more of a

"OK that'll be $1999.99 for the biopsy and gene sequence interpretation.

Great you'll just need to use this $800 tube for x number of weeks, then follow it with these 7 others which require a subscription of $500 a month for the next 2 years"

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Really I'm seeing more of a

"OK that'll be $1999.99 for the biopsy and gene sequence interpretation.

Great you'll just need to use this $800 tube for x number of weeks, then follow it with these 7 others which require a subscription of $500 a month for the next 2 years"

These scenarios are just quirks of junk economics where they've been tollboothing our economies for the last 35 years. Tollbooth economies were tried in medieval Europe. It isn't any more efficient today than it was 600 years ago. We are seeing problems today in North America that won't be going away no matter how much they deregulate and privatize while costing more. Think the Rooskis stole the election for Trump? Nope, it was because not enough Americans voted in favor of the economic voodoo, and the Dems needed a scapegoat rather than admit failure on economic affairs. Every economist knows that the most efficient and competitive economies are those that socialize the costs of living and of doing business. Neoliberalism won't last because it is destroying our economies.

It's also just a matter of time before our genomic profiles are used to determine pharmacokinetic interplay with our genetic predispositions. It will save our economies on costs of drug administration errors and related costs due to illnesses and deaths. And as far as the tube costing thousands? I don't think so, or at least not for very long. Indian and other international drug companies manufacturing generics will most likely copy the drugs in that over-priced tube in lickety-split time and reducing the price to something smaller than a hair follicle shrunken by DHT. It's inevitable.

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These scenarios are just quirks of junk economics where they've been tollboothing our economies for the last 35 years. Tollbooth economies were tried in medieval Europe. It isn't any more efficient today than it was 600 years ago. We are seeing problems today in North America that won't be going away no matter how much they deregulate and privatize while costing more. Think the Rooskis stole the election for Trump? Nope, it was because not enough Americans voted in favor of the economic voodoo, and the Dems needed a scapegoat rather than admit failure on economic affairs. Every economist knows that the most efficient and competitive economies are those that socialize the costs of living and of doing business. Neoliberalism won't last because it is destroying our economies.

It's also just a matter of time before our genomic profiles are used to determine pharmacokinetic interplay with our genetic predispositions. It will save our economies on costs of drug administration errors and related costs due to illnesses and deaths. And as far as the tube costing thousands? I don't think so, or at least not for very long. Indian and other international drug companies manufacturing generics will most likely copy the drugs in that over-priced tube in lickety-split time and reducing the price to something smaller than a hair follicle shrunken by DHT. It's inevitable.

I love this but really don't wanna derail into politics again haha it was just a stab at the current hairloss product marketing style, looking forwards to generics once the patents no longer apply.

100% agree though, tailored treatments based on your genome will be the standard sooner than most people realise.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could the wnt avenue alone be a cure? I don't know much about it, but my sketchy understanding is that wnt is underactive in baldies, so if you could get it to normal levels of activity, would that alone be a cure? Would it maintain or maintain and regrow?