Theory: Cooked Fat =DHT(Dihydrotestosterone) Baldness

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr Michael Colgan states that cooked fat is the key raiser of DHT and that anyone wishing to lower DHT should avoid animal fat.

It is also known that humans are given the genes to have a healthy head of hair until we die.

So it is obviously somehting that we are doing wrong. Pre-war Japanese people had rarely any baldness, and now US Japanese are balding.

Its got to be bad fats pushing DHT up. Bad fats also cause Acne.

So anyone wishing to regrow hair should avoid cooked fat like the plague but at the same time eat healthy uncooked fats such as flax/olive oil.

Thoughts?

The Gardener

Reaction score
If it's true, then someone better tell the chimps to stop cooking their fats too...

orangutandy4.jpg

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
If it's true, then someone better tell the chimps to stop cooking their fats too...

orangutandy4.jpg

A chimp's baldness is perhaps more likely to be nutrient related rather than testosterone related.

After all, as studies show, its cooked fat which pushes up dihydrotestosterone levels.

Apparently, DHT levels drop massively within weeks when one stops eating it. I think Colgan and maybe Kobren states this.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Then how would you explain Andrew Weil's chromedome?

weil_andrew3_med.jpg

As opposed to these renowned carnivores..

Emeril Lagasse
TVP0.jpg

Bobby Flay
bobbyflay_bbq.jpg

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Cooked Fat = DHT (Dehydrotestosterone) = Baldness

DammitLetMeIn said:
Dr Michael Colgan states that cooked fat is the key raiser of DHT and that anyone wishing to lower DHT should avoid animal fat.

It is also known that humans are given the genes to have a healthy head of hair until we die.

So it is obviously somehting that we are doing wrong. Pre-war Japanese people had rarely any baldness, and now US Japanese are balding.

So anyone wishing to regrow hair should avoid cooked fat like the plague but at the same time eat healthy uncooked fats such as flax/olive oil.

Thoughts?
my thoughts? youre a genius and you have solved baldness. now why are you still bald? i bet youre practically a vegan thinking now youre gonna get that orlando bloom hair on top. let me save u the suspense- it wont happen. Ever see that fat friends you hang out with? The ones who are skinny too but eat fast food, and eat like crap in general? Ever had those friends in college? You know, the ones with awesomely gelled hair... Amazing how they shitted all over that theory isnt it?

now if you want to diet to lose wieght and eat healthy to keep ur insides healthy, go for it...but if u want to regrow lost hair...your shot.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:

Thoughts?
my thoughts? youre a genius and you have solved baldness. now why are you still bald? i bet youre practically a vegan thinking now youre gonna get that orlando bloom hair on top. let me save u the suspense- it wont happen. Ever see that fat friends you hang out with? The ones who are skinny too but eat fast food, and eat like crap in general? Ever had those friends in college? Amazing how they shitted all over that theory isnt it?

now if you want to diet to lose wieght and eat healthy to keep ur insides healthy, go for it...but if u want to regrow lost hair...your shot.

I'm not bald. Its not yet noticeable. I've been shedding hair though after blood loss for 5 days. (thats how it started) and why I think it MAY be nutrient related.

I'm not a vegan. lol. I'm throwing ideas and theories out there for discussion. Why so are you so angry?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score

DammitLetMeIn said:
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:

Thoughts?
my thoughts? youre a genius and you have solved baldness. now why are you still bald? i bet youre practically a vegan thinking now youre gonna get that orlando bloom hair on top. let me save u the suspense- it wont happen. Ever see that fat friends you hang out with? The ones who are skinny too but eat fast food, and eat like crap in general? Ever had those friends in college? Amazing how they shitted all over that theory isnt it?

I'm not bald. Its not yet noticeable. I've been shedding hair though after blood loss for 5 days. (thats how it started) and why I think it MAY be nutrient related.

I'm not a vegan. lol. I'm throwing ideas and theories out there for discussion. Why so are you so angry?
Because these ideas are nothing new. And yet people still think that they are...there is absolutely no proof or scientific experiments that back up any claims.. and all you have to do is look around you to see far too much evidence contradicting these crappy theories.

everywhere you look are fat people..Look at that fat loser Jared from the subway ads..he was a fat bastard yet he had a full head of hair even in his obese days. Baldness doesnt work like that..The majority of people in the US where i live are obese or fat. And amazingly, baldness is a recessive disorder..its not a dominant trait, more people have hair in this world than dont. That right there is proof that the food you eat, doesnt really have an effect on whether you have the GENES for male pattern baldness. Unless your eating nuclear radiation which Japanese men post WW2 WERE, then your hair isnt going to fall out from fatty foods.

And in your case, it might just be related to your medical condition..why are you stressing it right now...see if it continues for an extended period of time and if it does, then go take scientifically documented hair loss treatments that may actually work.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can be fat without eating fat. I.e. you can eat too much carbohydrates.

However, cooked fats act as a hormone and it is well documented that they cause DHT levels to shoot up.

Isn't DHT what most people says causes baldnesS?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:

However, cooked fats act as a hormone and it is well documented that they cause DHT levels to shoot up.

dude if your follicles are sensitive to DHT, then even having a minute amount of it will cause your hair to fall out. Regardless of if you stick to eating no fat, you will still have DHT levels floating in your blood naturally..it will still cause ur hair to fall out. Working out increases test. levels, thus DHT levels...So by your theory every man in your gym is increasing his DHT and thus will go bald.

NO. Not every man, MOST MEN in fact are not overly sensitive to DHT...so increasing this crap in their blood makes no difference...eating fat foods..no difference..juicing like Jose Canseco-- no difference.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
DammitLetMeIn said:

dude if your follicles are sensitive to DHT, then even having a minute amount of it will cause your hair to fall out. Regardless of if you stick to eating no fat, you will still have DHT levels floating in your blood naturally..it will still cause ur hair to fall out. Working out increases test. levels, thus DHT levels...So by your theory every man in your gym is increasing his DHT and thus will go bald.

NO. Not every man, MOST MEN in fact are not overly sensitive to DHT...so increasing this crap in their blood makes no difference...eating fat foods..no difference..juicing like Jose Canseco-- no difference.

You are quite definitive in your response.

Isn't it true that 96% of all men experience at least some form of male pattern baldness after the age of 13.

if you have a flow of nutrients to your scalp and a small amount of DHT is blocking/damaging your capillaries you may be able to retain a good amount of hair.

surely then a large amount of DHT would restrict bloodflow to follicle even further.

Personally, I think spending too long in the gym does cause hair loss from cortisol.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Heres another study buddy:

Fat & diet update
Baldness more rapid for those on a high fat diet
Baldness is more common in men with high cholesterol or heart problems than in men with healthy hearts. The reason is unknown, but likely explanations include common genetic factors and the fact that the same high-fat diet that elevates cholesterol levels also increases the action of male hormones on the hair follicles.

What matters may not be baldness itself, but how quickly baldness progresses. Men in the Framingham Heart Study were checked for baldness in 1956 and again in 1962, and over the next 30 years they were watched to see who developed heart problems. The results were reported in a recent issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology. Those whose hair loss progressed most rapidly were more likely to develop heart disease.
Reprinted from Good Medicine, No. 2, Spring 1996.

The Gardener

Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:

In your other thread, you cite the high fat diet eaten by Eskimos, Africans, and "Cavemen" as being the reason why they were so hairy.

Please resolve your contradictions, and then post a cogent piece.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
DammitLetMeIn said:

In your other thread, you cite the high fat diet eaten by Eskimos, Africans, and "Cavemen" as being the reason why they were so hairy.

Please resolve your contradictions, and then post a cogent piece.

Raw fat is the reason they had good hair.

Cooked fat causes hormonal imbalance. (based on what I've read)

thats the distinction. A lot of people (and some still do) eat raw dairy in the US.

The Gardener

Reaction score
The point you are failing to comprehend is that the same DHT that causes hairloss also causes puberty.

If their diets were SO extreme as to drop DHT to ineffective levels, then no eskimos, Japanese people, or native Africans would ever have gone through puberty.

Last I checked, puberty is alive and well in these regions.

That being said, diet must not be impacting the role of DHT in their bodies.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
The point you are failing to comprehend is that the same DHT that causes hairloss also causes puberty.

If their diets were SO extreme as to drop DHT to ineffective levels, then no eskimos, Japanese people, or native Africans would ever have gone through puberty.

Last I checked, puberty is alive and well in these regions.

That being said, diet must not be impacting the role of DHT in their bodies.

How about they still had enough DHT to go through puberty but not so much to cause male pattern baldness?

JApanese people are much smaller than whites Americans. Their prostates are also much smaller and they have less problems with them. In effect, they are probably not as masculine.

However, 2nd generation Japs in the US have grown much taller and have had a lot of male pattern baldness. Diet has been implicated.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium gut has some good points
im not saying that he fpund the cure or the main cause in any way but you should try to listen and read a little bit before attacking him and overruling everything he wrote

The Gardener

Reaction score
Yeah, and Africans have bigger dicks than us white folks do... but according to you, their DHT levels are less than ours.

male pattern baldness is genetic. And my point is that while individual DHT levels can vary widely from person to person, it is not the DHT that determines one's receptiveness to losing hair, it is genetic sensitivity to it that determines who has the higher norwoods. There are many people who have very low DHT levels, and take every DHT-inhibiting drug in the world (Finasteride, etc) but still end up slick bald. This is due to the fact that there is more variability in individuals sensitivity to DHT and the timing of its effects as we go through this eternally long process of continual puberty than there is variability in the presence of DHT in our blood.

G

The Gardener said:
There are many people who have very low DHT levels, and take every DHT-inhibiting drug in the world (Finasteride, etc) but still end up slick bald.

Can you name one person that this has happened to?

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Yeah, and Africans have bigger dicks than us white folks do... but according to you, their DHT levels are less than ours.

male pattern baldness is genetic. And my point is that while individual DHT levels can vary widely from person to person, it is not the DHT that determines one's receptiveness to losing hair, it is genetic sensitivity to it that determines who has the higher norwoods. There are many people who have very low DHT levels, and take every DHT-inhibiting drug in the world (Finasteride, etc) but still end up slick bald. This is due to the fact that there is more variability in individuals sensitivity to DHT and the timing of its effects as we go through this eternally long process of continual puberty than there is variability in the presence of DHT in our blood.

Food can turn genes on and off. Environment can turn genes on and off.

I don't deny genes have a role to play. For example, some people who get a basic amount of nutrients will never go bald...

HOWEVER,

some people flick the switch of baldness by what they do and what they eat.

Everything is not wholly predetermined in my humble opinion.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I agree completely with that concept. But I disagree that that you can realistically attempt to control DHT levels in the human body by diet alone.