Theory: Cooked Fat =DHT(Dihydrotestosterone) Baldness

G

gardener, who do you know that has gotten on finasteride relatively early in the balding process, and still ended up slick bald? ive never heard of that happening. norwood 2 to norwood 6 while on finasteride? norwood 3 to norwood 6 while on finasteride?

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I agree completely with that concept. But I disagree that that you can realistically attempt to control DHT levels in the human body by diet alone.

how so? we can control estrogen levels by diet. we can control testosterone levels by diet. we can also control them by exercise.

why is dihydrotestosterone the exception?

The Gardener

Reaction score
JayMan said:
The Gardener said:
There are many people who have very low DHT levels, and take every DHT-inhibiting drug in the world (Finasteride, etc) but still end up slick bald.

Can you name one person that this has happened to?

According to the FDA trials, 10% had no observable beneficial effects, and 1% of the population not only failed to maintain coverage, but actually LOST coverage while taking the drug.

G

The Gardener said:
JayMan said:
[quote="The Gardener":5141f]There are many people who have very low DHT levels, and take every DHT-inhibiting drug in the world (Finasteride, etc) but still end up slick bald.

Can you name one person that this has happened to?

According to the FDA trials, 10% had no observable beneficial effects, and 1% of the population not only failed to maintain coverage, but actually LOST coverage while taking the drug.[/quote:5141f]

actually, 17% failed to at least maintain after 2 years on propecia. 17% is the correct number.

but that's not the point, and you don't know that the non responders had low dht levels. all this means is that the drug wasn't blocking enough 5alpha reductase type 2 to help everyone. i'm confident that it still slowed the rate of loss in the 17% who didn't maintain. now, dutasteride on the other hand, probably lets 97%+ of people maintain while on it.

propecia 1 mg only inhibits about 85% of type 2 5AR. dutasteride 0.5 mg blocks 98.5% of it. see how close the non responder rate (17%) is to the percentage of dht not blocked by propecia. do the math. :)

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quote from Dr Michael Colgan:

1. Cut down on animal protein which may be pushing your dihyrotestosterone too high

2. Cut out all animal fat

3. Cut out polyunsaturated fat

Colgan is world renowned and has trained international sprinters and athletes

G

DammitLetMeIn said:
1. Cut down on animal protein which may be pushing your dihyrotestosterone too high

Or just take avodart like I do which cuts dihydrotestosterone from type 2(main trigger of male pattern baldness) by 98.5%.

The Gardener

Reaction score
JayMan said:
but that's not the point, and you don't know that the non responders had low dht levels. all this means is that the drug wasn't blocking enough 5alpha reductase type 2 to help everyone.

I completely agree. My point was that if Finasteride couldn't down-regulate DHT enough to prevent male pattern baldness in some people, then the "dammitletmein" diet wouldn't be able to do so either.

G

The Gardener said:
JayMan said:
but that's not the point, and you don't know that the non responders had low dht levels. all this means is that the drug wasn't blocking enough 5alpha reductase type 2 to help everyone.

I completely agree. My point was that if Finasteride couldn't down-regulate DHT enough to prevent male pattern baldness in some people, then the "dammitletmein" diet wouldn't be able to do so either.

oh i agree.but i think if someone is on say avodart(which they would be if they are smart and want to keep their hair), they can basically eat whatever the hell they want and not worry about it affecting their hair.

avodart inhibits 98.5% of 5ar2 as I said, and i seriously doubt that a perfect diet would take care of the other 1.5%, which doesn't do much damage if any, anyway.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
JayMan said:

its not my diet. but anyway, with the correct diet DHT levels should be normalized to the point whereby they don't have to be 'pushed down' per se.

They would simply adjust to a true, healthy level which was intended.

Yes, I am of the belief we weren't meant to go bald.

DHT is rocketed by food. without the offending food it should (and by all accounts does) normalize

G

DammitLetMeIn said:
The Gardener said:
JayMan said:

its not my diet. but anyway, with the correct diet DHT levels should be normalized to the point whereby they don't have to be 'pushed down' per se.

They would simply adjust to a true, healthy level which was intended.

Yes, I am of the belief we weren't meant to go bald.

DHT is rocketed by food. without the offending food it should (and by all accounts does) normalize

Damnit, there is no way that a perfect diet would lower DHT levels as much as Avodart does. Avodart is designed to be swallowed orally and hit the bloodstream within minutes to start reducing 5ar2 created DHT.

G

JayMan said:
The Gardener said:
JayMan said:

oh i agree.but i think if someone is on say avodart(which they would be if they are smart and want to keep their hair), they can basically eat whatever the hell they want and not worry about it affecting their hair.

avodart inhibits 98.5% of 5ar2 as I said, and i seriously doubt that a perfect diet would take care of the other 1.5%, which doesn't do much damage if any, anyway.

DamnitLetMe in, please read this post.

Gardener, you might enjoy these two JayMan classics, and you might as well, DamnitLetMeIn.

Fish and Pond metaphor:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... ish#256209

Soldier metaphor:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... ers#284080

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Read my edited previous post.

Effectively what you're saying Gardner is that diet-influenced excess DHT can cause our prostates to swell but cannot cause hairloss?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Re: Cooked Fat = DHT (Dehydrotestosterone) = Baldness

DammitLetMeIn said:
[I'm not bald. Its not yet noticeable. I've been shedding hair though after blood loss for 5 days. (thats how it started) and why I think it MAY be nutrient related.
Time of the month?
Are you by any chance related to Ronaldkia?

G

s.a.f said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
[I'm not bald. Its not yet noticeable. I've been shedding hair though after blood loss for 5 days. (thats how it started) and why I think it MAY be nutrient related.
Time of the month?

He's not. The IP isn't even remotely similar to any of Ronaldkia's past IP's, plus Ronaldkia acted like a prick when confronted. This guy isn't at that level yet.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JayMan said:
s.a.f said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
Time of the month?

He's not. The IP isn't even remotely similar to any of Ronaldkia's past IP's, plus Ronaldkia acted like a prick when confronted. This guy isn't at that level yet.

what do you mean? I'm tellin you the truth. why u guys checkin ip's an stuff. I just want to talk about the hair loss issue.

G

DammitLetMeIn said:
JayMan said:
s.a.f said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
Time of the month?

what do you mean? I'm tellin you the truth. why u guys checkin ip's an stuff. I just want to talk about the hair loss issue.

it's not a complicated process. i'm a moderator on here so i have an IP button next to each post someone makes on here and I can check the IP by clicking it, and it tells me who has posted from that IP. don't worry about it.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Marcules said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
Marcules said:
I wish I would have known this before I ate fast food for 3 years straight, almost everyday. :cry: :cry: :cry:

you're obviously jokin, right?

Joking that I ate mcdonalds, burger king, etc, for 3 years straight everyday? Nah. I did. I was too lazy to make food. I hate being too thin.

thats crazy

so how much of your hair did you lose?