The Walking Dead chat thread

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I know The Walking Dead is one of the most watched shows on cable. Who is your favorite character? Will the Governor die in the season finale? If so who will kill him? Which character is your least favorite?
I will start, favorite character used to be Rick, now its Michonne. Least favorite is Maggie's little sister as she really does nothing but babysit and sing. I think the Governor will not die in the season finale. I hope Andrea finally kills him if he ever gets killed. I think someone should bring Rick's baby to the Governor and have Michonne sneak up behind him and behead him with that samurai sword. That is how I would kill him off. He needs to be distracted first and then beheaded. How would you want to happen? Who do you think will die in the season finale in Rick's group? Another alternate ending for the Governor would have Morgan come out of nowhere and kill the Governor. I think Maggie or Glenn is going to die but I don't know if it will be before or after the wedding. Maybe, the good old one legged doctor may finally be put to rest.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love The Walking Dead.

Fav: Shane, bad *** and talk about perfect hair, still left alive Daryl.
Least: Lori, Carl, on the fence with Hersel.

I don't think the Gov will die, but my money is on Daryl to kill him or a walker with Daryl's help.

I can see Hersel or Lori dying from Ricks group if not both.

I think the Doctor will agree anyone that knows what happens in the comic book please do not spoil it for us.

beaner

Reaction score
I love this show and was very surprise to find that many of the lead actors are actually British--- Rick, The Governor, and Maggie and perhaps more that I haven't heard speak in interviews. They really have the Southern accent down pat.

I don't think the Governor is going to die this season. At least I hope he doesn't. He's a damn good villain and I think there's much more to his story.

I'm not even sure if you could be spoiled if you read the comics. From what I hear, the series has strayed quite a bit from the source material. Darryl and Merle aren't even in the comics. I think I'm going to purchase them. They have the first 100 or so issues compiled into 2 massive compendiums.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I find it very interesting how many great actors are imported from the UK and work on American shows and drop their English accent to portray an America character. Hugh Laurie did a great job at this. Josh Bowman on Revenge does a good job too.

beaner

Reaction score
I find it very interesting how many great actors are imported from the UK and work on American shows and drop their English accent to portray an America character. Hugh Laurie did a great job at this. Josh Bowman on Revenge does a good job too.

Hugh Laurie is an awesome actor. He's actually written at least one novel as well which surprised me when I stumbled on it at Amazon.

It seems like the U.S. has been moving a lot toward using British actors, unless I'm just noticing it now. Our new Spider-Man and Superman are also British.

Back to the Walking Dead. I just watched the latest episode yesterday and thought it was one of the best of the series so far. I loved what Merle did. I think the finale is going to be full of carnage as they usually are. I really hope none of Rick's people die, although at least one will I'm sure. I hope it's not Maggie or Glen.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My favorite has been Daryl for awhile, I always like the redeemed, morally gray, characters.

I absolutely cannot stand Andrea though, my brother and I cringe every time she talks. As for who might die: I was thinking it would be Hershel but then again he is sort of the wise old sage type and able to speak sense into Rick so I feel his character is needed.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, how I despised Merle, but when he died, damn, I felt for him. He more than redeemed himself. I actually got into the show when watching a playthrough of the game the internet, the game (TellTale's The Walking Dead) looked awesome, so I downloaded it and fell in love with it so I just had to watch the show, seen as I missed season 1 & 2 on TV I watched them on 1channel.ch and the subsequent season on the same website. Too impatient to wait 5 days here in Ireland, when it shows after the Sunday showing in North America.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know there's some good writing/acting when everyone feels bad for the death of one of the most hated characters. It hit home with me because my brother and I are close like that no matter how much we fight so I understand their relationship. The actor who plays Merle said that he got himself killed so he could take out as many of the Governor's men so that his brother would have more of a chance to survive the ensuing war.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I love The Walking Dead.

Fav: Shane, bad *** and talk about perfect hair, still left alive Daryl.
Least: Lori, Carl, on the fence with Hersel.

I don't think the Gov will die, but my money is on Daryl to kill him or a walker with Daryl's help.

I can see Hersel or Lori dying from Ricks group if not both.

I think the Doctor will agree anyone that knows what happens in the comic book please do not spoil it for us.
You must be a season behind us in the USA. In order not to spoil it for you, I won't tell you why.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oops I feel bad for giving stuff away to those who haven't seen the newest episodes. Maybe it you could edit the post to indicate spoilers?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You must be a season behind us in the USA. In order not to spoil it for you, I won't tell you why.

Oops I feel bad for giving stuff away to those who haven't seen the newest episodes. Maybe it you could edit the post to indicate spoilers?

My bad re Lori, I was thinking of Carol but she is dead as well. I never liked Carol.

I'll stick with Hersel to die from Ricks group in the last the ep.

beaner

Reaction score
My bad re Lori, I was thinking of Carol but she is dead as well. I never liked Carol.

I'll stick with Hersel to die from Ricks group in the last the ep.

Carol's not dead.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Daryl what cool f""king! hair he has, I can see him having a personal duel with that hench pacific looking dude in the next episode.

Pretty sure, we're way behind with it over her in the uk, so I always watch it online after its been shown in the US. It makes my Monday nights!

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it very interesting how many great actors are imported from the UK [...]

Absolutely.

It's amazing the number of talented actors and actresses that come from the UK (Judi Dench, John Gielgud, Laurence Olivier...) I wonder why.

Theatre has great tradition in the country of Shakespeare, I'm sure that's one of the reasons.

Anyway, I haven't seen The Walking Dead yet. I've just bought the complete Sopranos series on DVD, so I guess The Walking Dead will just have to wait a little bit.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Daryl FTW! and Maggie! LOL Hate the governor..cannot wait that this part is over with .. Slow friggin show.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SPOILER:

So what did you guys think of the season finale? It really didn't leave me anticipating next season, no real hook or anything. I am quite glad not have to see Andrea being annoying and saying stupid things anymore though haha.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It was good but I was hoping there would have been some "twists" and more thrills. I really would have been fine if Andrea survived but as long as we have Michonne now, I am happy. I guess a pair of pliers was just not enough to kill a zombie. Carl is not too happy his dad took in more "stray dogs" to feed. Hopefully, Rick can keep the peace amongst the "new" group. I am sure there will be a minister in that group that can give Maggie and Glenn a proper wedding.

beaner

Reaction score
SPOILER:

So what did you guys think of the season finale? It really didn't leave me anticipating next season, no real hook or anything. I am quite glad not have to see Andrea being annoying and saying stupid things anymore though haha.

I enjoyed it although it wasn't as epic as I hoped it would be. I'm glad that evil bastard is still alive and sad to see that the kid is going to lose his marbles next season. I wonder what they're going to do with all of those people.

Where do they get the gas for their nice Hyundai SUV? I've really been wondering about this......are they emptying cars as they pass them?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Andrea is finally gone! thanks a lot! Anyways the 2 actors that die in the torture chamber were so annoying and clueless. The kid started loosing it and don't trust anybody.. interesting.. back to the prison with a bus full of kids and the governor on the prowl..