The truth about hair loss.

Keeno

Reaction score
Reading some of these posts, about what happened to posters, makes me sick. Getting accused of being a paedophile just because you are bald. Not that I'm shocked to hear of that occurring, but it is just bizarre. It's no shock to me because I, unfortunately, had this experience too of getting accused of being a paedophile a few times while I (at a very premature age) had an NW7 horseshoe.

I went years and years without realising that had anything to do with balding, no-one told me that. However last summer I shaved the horseshoe off, and as soon as I did that I found kids were being allowed near me and to interact with me all the time. Teenagers and young kids happily sit next to me, or are put next to me, in cafes, buses etc. Just because I shaved my head. They were never allowed near me before and this kind of thing is for me the truth about hair loss, the real social impact of balding.

Yet.... two notorious British paedophiles/child murderers come to mind, who stoked the paedophile hysteria in which I ended up traumatised. They were Roy Whiting and Ian Huntley. Like Marc Dutroux, NEITHER WHITING OR HUNTLEY WERE BALDING.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
for me yes
When I had hair I was attractive and people would usually just believe me, go along with me, go out of their way for me.
I lose my hair and now Im avoided and honestly looked past.
Should I ever be forced into the job market again I fawked. Had I stayed in blue collar work I would have possibly been fine but I entered white collar where looks and presentation are everything.
Youth and vigor are prime categories. Baldness appears as lazy, stupid, old, sick, villian'esk, unattractive etc etc.
I lost my ability to influence people. I was always a charismatic talker, but now Im just that awkwardly built, loudmouth balding guy with the really good looking brother. PLEASE SHOOT ME, anyone.

Every guy in my dept has hair EXCEPT our full time consultant who runs his OWN business and our phone guy who is technically blue collar. The ONLY TWO really bald guys in the white collar company here are the president/CEO and one of the vice presidents. Mind you they are both well into their 60's.
So hell Ill just hit a LULL for the next 35+ years then go for being CEO of somewhere, Im sure thats how it works.

I guess the truth is out : you were never as charismatic as you thought you were ;) Time to work on life skills buddy boy.

Reaction score
The news has been saying there will be a cure within 5 years for the last century.

I hops so , or at least I hope they'll be able to find some other efficient alternative.

I recall having read a post in some thread on another forum that said "we'll surely have a cure for it in 10 years"
the thing is .... that post was written in 2003. and we are in 2014.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I agree. Maybe they ought to try a more arbitrarily interesting numerical combination say like; 36 months, 52 weeks and 365 1/4 days. The belittlement from these screw balls has gotten awfully obscene. We'ld probably get further with a dime store clairvoyant.
Why do they keep going with the five years thing? What's it based on?