The truth about hair loss.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
By losing hair, I lose power. By losing power, I lose control. By losing control, I lose my humanity. Without my humanity, I'm no better than a crowd of apes throwing feces amongst themselves. Reality truly is far more cruel than false hope could ever be.

False hope: Being born, a happy, smiling child, knowing that you will be loved by those close to you. Knowing that even when you feel like there is no one that cares, you'll still have something. That something, my friends, is hair.

What could be more cruel than growing up believing that your hair will always be there for you, and then discovering that it is packing its bags and heading down south. How are to people to know what color my hair is? By my pubic hair? Can I show that in public? By my back hair? Will I be able to show my face in public after this?

What a cruel world. What a cruel hair. Someone is torturing me, I know it. Real life can't be this cruel.

A man with hair is like a tall tower. He thinks he's got it all together; a high paying job, a more attractive companion than he deserves, and a bright shining future. But if you take away just one pillar...JENGA!!! the whole tower collapses, leaving nothing but a broken bitter man, a mere shell of his former alpha male self.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
By control, do you mean your ability to manipulate and influence people?

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By losing hair, I lose power. By losing power, I lose control. By losing control, I lose my humanity. Without my humanity, I'm no better than a crowd of apes throwing feces amongst themselves. Reality truly is far more cruel than false hope could ever be.

False hope: Being born, a happy, smiling child, knowing that you will be loved by those close to you. Knowing that even when you feel like there is no one that cares, you'll still have something. That something, my friends, is hair.

What could be more cruel than growing up believing that your hair will always be there for you, and then discovering that it is packing its bags and heading down south. How are to people to know what color my hair is? By my pubic hair? Can I show that in public? By my back hair? Will I be able to show my face in public after this?

What a cruel world. What a cruel hair. Someone is torturing me, I know it. Real life can't be this cruel.

A man with hair is like a tall tower. He thinks he's got it all together; a high paying job, a more attractive companion than he deserves, and a bright shining future. But if you take away just one pillar...JENGA!!! the whole tower collapses, leaving nothing but a broken bitter man, a mere shell of his former alpha male self.

I totally agree...your life is probably s*** right now too:/

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
In logic and critical thinking, a slippery slope is a logical device, but is usually known under its fallacious form in which a person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any rational argument or demonstrable mechanism for the inevitability of the event in question.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is not correct but I have read that they can already create new hair follicles, so why is it not available for the public?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
In logic and critical thinking, a slippery slope is a logical device, but is usually known under its fallacious form in which a person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any rational argument or demonstrable mechanism for the inevitability of the event in question.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if this is not correct but I have read that they can already create new hair follicles, so why is it not available for the public?

Everything is still in the lab. The only follicles they created so far are super mini tiny micro ones that can only be seen with a telescope at night.

For this to even be effective, they need to create full sized follicles and grow them in the thousands. Still so far away.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everything is still in the lab. The only follicles they created so far are super mini tiny micro ones that can only be seen with a telescope at night.

For this to even be effective, they need to create full sized follicles and grow them in the thousands. Still so far away.

Wow seriously? the news told it in another way...where do you guys get your hair research information from?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
The news has been saying there will be a cure within 5 years for the last century.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

That slope tilts at a much steeper incline when we go NW5+....

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

This is BS. Hairloss prohibits you from coasting on your looks alone. But it does not prevent you from using hard work and/or talent to rise professionally. In getting to be an engineer/entrepreneur/doctor, people dont care whether you have hair or not.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is BS. Hairloss prohibits you from coasting on your looks alone. But it does not prevent you from using hard work and/or talent to rise professionally. In getting to be an engineer/entrepreneur/doctor, people dont care whether you have hair or not.
true. at least we have functionality.

but that young, sunny-day, invincible, "world is my oyster" feeling i remember having before baldness . . . . . . . . can never be recaptured again i think

even if all my hair came back tomorrow . . . . . . i wudnt be able to feel it again i think. ive been through too much emotional trauma because of baldness.

goddamn i remember even reading how dreams involving losing your hair signify fears of losing youth and dying. when you lose hair your hair follicles are dying and you literally are closer to a corpse (since corpses and zombies and old people close to death are often bald).

that early decaying . . . . . . damn that **** affects your soul :(

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
but that young, sunny-day, invincible, "world is my oyster" feeling i remember having before baldness . . . . . . . . can never be recaptured again i think
Do anything hard enough, and you lose that "world is my oyster" feeling, hair or no hair. The only people who have that are people who are coasting, and thus mostly young pretty girls.

goddamn i remember even reading how dreams involving losing your hair signify fears of losing youth and dying.
Well then you should be happy that you lost hair in your teenage years, for you hairloss should be a sign of becoming an adult, rather than getting old and senile.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
In getting to be an engineer/entrepreneur/doctor, people dont care whether you have hair or not.

No, but hair loss takes a toll on your looks which takes a toll on your overall confidence.

In this looks obsessed society, even if you're the smarter one, people still give priority to the better looking one.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
In this looks obsessed society, even if you're the smarter one, people still give priority to the better looking one.

Engineers/entrepreneurs are not known for their looks. Yes your confidence might take a hit (this also applies to height and looks in general, you can be non-aesthetic without loosing hair), but it does not significantly impair you from these areas.

In these areas looks can only do so much. Given two men of equal acuity, the more handsome one will have an advantage. But take your best looking highschool mate, and place him next to an engineer at Google/Intel/Microsoft/HedgeFund, and see whether he can get hired there.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow seriously? the news told it in another way...where do you guys get your hair research information from?

The news told it the another way indeed, which was the CORRECT way. JZA70 is trolling you. Yes, more work needs to be done... no, they're not very far off.

Keep in mind Japan just did some serious DE-regulation of stem cell therapies in regards to clinical trials so the wait times for a treatment will be reduced.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
no, they're not very far off.

5 years ?

ffg_zps25d1f830.gif

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
+1

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
After my FUE, I'm more or less on the other side of the mirror again for a week or two (until my transplanted hairs shed), I can tell you it's not how you would expect.

I do not have an overwhelming feeling like I could take over the world. It's more like... I feel safe, I just feel safe, I sense some peace of mind I've not felt since at least 2008.

I think it's the main advantage of not being visibly losing hair, you don't have to think about it anymore, you know that feeling, that thinking process: everytime I'm in the public or will interact with a new person, I will tell myself, even briefly "What do they think about the fact I'm bald? Do they somehow think less of me? Are they wondering why I have no hair while I'm so young?"

All of that is not there anymore now, and I feel kind of relieved. Uncomfortable man was right, it's about feeling normal, not being a vain guy who has to look perfect.

Being psychologically crippled from baldness is NOT about vanity. We want to keep something we've always had. Vanity is pursuing something we never had.