The truth about hair loss.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Being psychologically crippled from baldness is NOT about vanity. We want to keep something we've always had. Vanity is pursuing something we never had.

Very true. There's nothing vain about wanting to keep something you've always had.

Now if we all wanted a cure for blue eyes or height, that's a different story.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Psychiatrists will then compare wanting to keep one's hair to wanting to remain wrinkle-free.

I pay psychiatrists a little extra to tell me what I want to hear. They tell me I need hair and we need a cure. :woot:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Psychiatrists will then compare wanting to keep one's hair to wanting to remain wrinkle-free. After all, having a youthful appearance is something you've always had.

The difference is: everybody get wrinkles to an extent when they get older, 60% of men don't start to lose their hair until they turn 40.

Everybody gets wrinkles. Not everybody goes bald. But nobody with wrinkles gets ousted and sh*t on by society like balding men/women.

BIG difference.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
But nobody with wrinkles gets ousted and sh*t on by society like balding men/women.

Women do to some extent. Ever see all the commercials for anti aging creams and what not ? They prey on women's insecurities just as a hair club commercial preys on men's insecurities. Women with noticeably aging skin have less social worth than their young counterparts with glowing youthful skin.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Women do to some extent. Ever see all the commercials for anti aging creams and what not ? They prey on women's insecurities just as a hair club commercial preys on men's insecurities.

Oh come on, cosmetics companies do NOT take a crap on a woman's worth like people do to a man with baldness. And even if, society does NOT treat women with wrinkles as trash. The disparity between the two is gigantic. Not only that, you're not even allowed to humiliate women over aging.... but mocking baldness is socially acceptable!

Women with noticeably aging skin have less social worth than their young counterparts with glowing youthful skin.

This goes both ways for men and women. Anyone who advocates equal rights/is a feminist will acknowledge this fact. It goes both ways.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
society does NOT treat women with wrinkles as trash.

I can't help but think a lot of your problems are brought on by yourself.

Do you see yourself as trash or do you actually get treated as trash ? Or both ?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Psychiatrists will then compare wanting to keep one's hair to wanting to remain wrinkle-free. After all, having a youthful appearance is something you've always had.

Bad analogy is what I'd tell the shrink. I hate it when others say that we just have to accept hair loss as part of the "aging process". They obviously don't know what they are talking about since they can't make the distinction between male pattern baldness and growing old. More ignorant people trying to suppress our spirit. Ah well at least I can take comfort in knowing that you guys understand the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you see yourself as trash or do you actually get treated as trash ? Or both ?

It's a cycle. Or more of a downward spiral. You look like **** and people notice and react. You notice them reacting to your appearance which only confirms in your mind that you look like **** even more. Now you feel like **** which only spurns the cylcle ever downwards. So yes, it's both.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Neither. Society's view of me is that of trash. However, I've been humiliated over my hair loss before too though.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither. Society's view of me is that of trash. However, I've been humiliated over my hair loss before too though.
what kind of humiliation do you receive as a norwood 1?

i was just hardly diffusing at 17 and people were already calling me a pedophile when i bought a new jacket :/

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
what kind of humiliation do you receive as a norwood 1?

i was just hardly diffusing at 17 and people were already calling me a pedophile when i bought a new jacket :/

Norwood 1? If I was a Norwood 1 I wouldn't be on this forum. I'm a Norwood 3 with severe thinning.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
(that isn't him hitting the cowbell)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The funny thing is that Marc Dutroux, most notorious pedophile in Belgium and maybe the world, looks like this:

*image removed*

People can be so ignorant and stupid.

Its just a mechanism for them to Propecia themselves up by making us feel like sh!t.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 1? If I was a Norwood 1 I wouldn't be on this forum. I'm a Norwood 3 with severe thinning.
sorry i meant norwood 3 . . . . .

and the thinning is in the temples right? does it look like jude laws hairline?
Actor-Jude-Law-arrives-at-008.jpg

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In 1960 the younger generation wanted to make this world a better place (they really failed). If they started to fund dedicated scientist to find a way to regrow hair we wouldn't have had this trouble. After doing some research again, I believe that hair follicles never die but just become very dormant or weak and inactive, if they find a way to revive those dormant hair producing stem cells hair loss would be gone by now.

But they didn't bother, instead they pumped a lot of money in bull**** like making your breast bigger or smaller (like that is not hard to invent).

Not to mention that there are also other forms of things other than baldness that can destroy the life of people, but despite our so called technologic advance there's still no solution for that.

If people and governments would stop wasting money on stupid things like weapons to kill each other and instead use it to research cures for diseases, problems and so on and if people started to be nicer to each other this world would be a much better place. The culture these these is like a free for all, we don't care about each other problems as long as we don't have the same one. Not to mention that society is nothing more than a creation, a creation made by small rich elites. They create a culture and we just follow it like idiots unaware of the things going on in the world. The only thing we watch for news is the news on tv, that is already owned by the elite groupes.They are blinding us, programming us and making us what they want us to become. Governments are liars, especially the government of the USA, they are lying about everything. While americans only blamed the terrorist for 9/11 they never where aware of the things surrounding it, none of them thought about the fact that it is impossible for an airplane to reach the pentagon with high tech security, or that if planes crash on top off a building it won't collapse perfectly or even how the USA military give there jet fighters the wrong coordinates. No they never thought about that and that is a sign how stupid society can be and that we are controlled by the elite groups like the illuminati(I wrote illuminati wrong ,it is not a word, but google corrected it...). believe it or not but this is the only truth...

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

Keep in mind, the only way we are able to accomplish what we have today is because of the technology.

No way in hell they could have done anything close to what we've done today.

We've learned more about hair in this decade than the last century.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Hair loss has many reasons to go with such as hereditary, poor immune system and lifestyle. You could combat hair fall with the right treatments and hair care solutions that will work on you better to gain your power and control.

Oh come on, why do you have to spam in my thread ?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
By control, do you mean your ability to manipulate and influence people?

for me yes
When I had hair I was attractive and people would usually just believe me, go along with me, go out of their way for me.
I lose my hair and now Im avoided and honestly looked past.
Should I ever be forced into the job market again I fawked. Had I stayed in blue collar work I would have possibly been fine but I entered white collar where looks and presentation are everything.
Youth and vigor are prime categories. Baldness appears as lazy, stupid, old, sick, villian'esk, unattractive etc etc.
I lost my ability to influence people. I was always a charismatic talker, but now Im just that awkwardly built, loudmouth balding guy with the really good looking brother. PLEASE SHOOT ME, anyone.

Every guy in my dept has hair EXCEPT our full time consultant who runs his OWN business and our phone guy who is technically blue collar. The ONLY TWO really bald guys in the white collar company here are the president/CEO and one of the vice presidents. Mind you they are both well into their 60's.
So hell Ill just hit a LULL for the next 35+ years then go for being CEO of somewhere, Im sure thats how it works.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss has many reasons to go with such as hereditary, poor immune system and lifestyle. You could combat hair fall with the right treatments and hair care solutions that will work on you better to gain your power and control.

Here's a snake oil, con artist LIAR.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
Being psychologically crippled from baldness is NOT about vanity. We want to keep something we've always had. Vanity is pursuing something we never had.

One should not take anything for granted.

It's hard losing hair, but my opinion is that we should concentrate on what we're doing wrong/ what went wrong and when, instead of lamenting.