The result of MSM.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a chart somewhere on here about weight and dosage of MSM.

I am 175lbs around and I take 3000mg per day (based on the chart). I don't know if this helps but I am an avid fan of orange juice. Drink it like pop. So I usually take my 3 pills with a tall glass of OJ (vitamin C).

Don't know if that helps but hey, as long as the mind thinks it does...

22goingon50

Reaction score
Same here, I just started taking 3000mg/day

**Warning! Do not burp within 30 minutes of taking your MSM**

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
Why can't you burp within 30 minutes of taking MSM? Does pure putridnes come up?

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
So if I'm already a pretty hairy guy (chest, starting to show up on my back), is there a good chance MSM will make me even hairier?

Hair on my head is great, but hair everywhere else? Not so great.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmy, you can guarantee it! MONEY BACK

your body hair will grow double in size, and twice as fast!

however alot slower on the wanted hair.

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny..(actually not :( ) I never even started taking MSM to avoid more body hair and my body hair is increasing day by day..

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
FlashDance said:
Why can't you burp within 30 minutes of taking MSM? Does pure putridnes come up?

Exactly, why?

It's gross, honestly it makes you think about your own mortality it's that bad.

It isn't majorly disgusting, just gross in an unsettling way. Or that's how I feel about it.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
I tested your burping theory and I didn't get any distasteful sh*t while taking my capsules.

Sooooooooooo...

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
about vitamin c, according to some doctor woman my mum knows its really not possible to absorb all thats in the pill at once, i have 1000g things that dissolve in water and she suggested i keep it in a bottle and drink it throughout the day to make sure its actually all absorbed.

i think this point could well apply to the msm itself, or any other 'multivitamin' all you americans take. does anyone have any more info?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:
jimmy, you can guarantee it! MONEY BACK

your body hair will grow double in size, and twice as fast!

however alot slower on the wanted hair.

Slower on the wanted hair; but nevertheless a bit faster than if you didn't take the supplement?

SallyThorns

Reaction score
Can women use MSM without having extremely bad body hair growth? i dont want that. I have hereditary hair loss and i just started using minoxidil, but if MSM will help as well, then i should try it..... ???

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on MSM and Vit C for six months, no crazy hair growth. The hair on my arms for example is fine, nothing weird going on. but my hair on my head grows over an inch a month.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
SallyThorns said:
Can women use MSM without having extremely bad body hair growth? i dont want that. I have hereditary hair loss and i just started using minoxidil, but if MSM will help as well, then i should try it..... ???

I haven't read too many reports about MSM causing excessive body hair. I give my wife 1000 mg daily (she's all beat up from a bunch of horse riding accidents). Hasn't bothered her none.

She does have sleepless nights sometimes though - so I try not to give it to her anytime later than 6 pm.

The "known" side effects re: MSM are possible gastro-intestnal distress (it's a sulphur product - so only take w/ or after a meal) and the possibility of keeping you awake at night (so take it early in the day).

I take 1500 mg at 9am and 3 pm.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
i just finished taking 3000mg of msm a day for a month, nothing happened except i think my joints were cracking less.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
MSFB said:
i just finished taking 3000mg of msm a day for a month, nothing happened except i think my joints were cracking less.

It's great for joints and your basic aches and pains. I started taking it intially for hair health - but then about 2 months after starting MSM, this really bad rotator cuff pain that I'd had for years simply disappeared.

After that, I was an MSM convert / believer.

To the previous poster who asked about scalp itch - there was a recent report from someone writing in from 1 of the forums who claimed that ater starting MSM their scalp itch disappeared. I wouldn't count on it though - as I don't recall seeing too many of those claims - and there's a lot of MSM users out there.

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
I just jumped on the MSM bandwagon.... i could use it for several reasons... cracking joints, skin & most importantly hair.... will let you know how it goes in a couple of months.... work your magic MSM