The result of MSM.

wookster

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I found this article on MSM and vitamin C:

http://www.cancertutor.com/Other/MSM-Article.htm

MSM originates in the ocean and reaches the Human Food Chain through rainfall. It is a natural sulfur compound “found in all living things.â€￾ MSM is Nutritional Sulfur and is one of the prominent compounds found in our bodies, just behind water and sodium. You will hear people say they are allergic to sulfur, and they are, “chemical sulfursâ€￾ found in sulfas, sulfides and sulfates. Chemical Sulfurs and Nutritional Sulfurs are as different as water and gold.

MSM is the flexible bond between Proteins. When old cells die and new cells are formed they need the flexible bond MSM provides, for the skin to bend. Without it you get wrinkles, cracking skin, scar tissue, hardening of arteries and Emphysema. They are all Vitamin C and MSM related. You need lots of Vitamin C to build the new flesh. A deficiency in Vitamin C & MSM leads to strokes, heart attacks, varicose veins, spider veins, chronic nosebleeds, bruising, weak veins and arteries. MSM plays a major roll in “healthy body functionsâ€￾.

MSM is needed by the body for healthy connective tissues, and joint function, proper enzyme activity, and hormone balance, along with proper function of the Immune System. Simply put, if your immune system is not functioning properly it may lack MSM. Remember there are many things that can contribute to an improperly functioning Immune System

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Also I just read that there is pretty much 0 data or studies in the last 10 years that MSM does anything. It says MSM is worthless and no one needs to take it as a supplement.

There is a positive published study on MSM and osteoarthrtic pain. So if you got any joint problems then there is one reason maybe to take it. Have been taking for about a month. really have to sy I think it is helping on the joints front. Knees havent given me much if any grief at all. As or hair - impossible to say as I started minoxidil about a week or before. Have been through a shedding phase which seems to have ended but at the same time hair seems somehow a little fuller. But this is prob insanity since nothing can work that quick. Prob just the minoxidil in my hair "volumising it a bit" if anything non-placebo. I got some crazy eyelash, facial hair stuff going on so I'm thinking minoxidil/MSM might show some results scalpwise in a month or two. Just some regrowth under my longer hair to cover a bit more scalp would be nice at this stage.
hh

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I liked everything I read about MSM, so I have been taking it.

stuglue

Reaction score
Nice avatar Klink Kurasawa movie's are great.I've been on MSM for about 3 weeks now and whilst i haven't seen any benefit in the hair dept in many other areas i have noticed good effects.I don't get dry cracked lips anymore,same with my elbows and feet,much smoother.

tommyblah

Reaction score
I'm very skeptical about it's benefit for hairloss. I've been on minoxidil for over a year now so it is very apparent how that affects my hair. About 4 or 5 months ago I began taking a multi-vitamin with biotin, msm, vitamin c...basically everything for skin & hair. It has not thickened my hair or aided with my hairline at all. It's just made my hair grow extremely fast, including body hair and my unibrow (which I have to pluck every single day now rather than once a week). I'm done with it. I don't need faster growing hair or a unibrow. I need more hair around my hairline.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i started it a while ago... i don't snap crackle and pop when i get up that much anymore.... my dry skin isn't as bad either.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I still like MSM. The hair grows faster so I am seeing results faster, and I am impatient.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Based on comments I saw here and there, I decided to add Vitamin C to my regimen. I will take (2) 1000G's a day. We'll see what happens. My hair is growing like crazy, I need a haircut every month, and that's with sides cut with a #4 clippers.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
klink said:
We'll see what happens. My hair is growing like crazy, I need a haircut every month, and that's with sides cut with a #4 clippers.

Yeah I think im noticing this too. It seems like i need a haircut already and I just got one 2 weeks ago.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only thing that I might have noticed is that I have to use more spray in the bathroom. :)

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just got my haircut also... i used to only need one once every 3-4 months... now it seems monthly. I'll take some pics at work tonight cuz I got it cut alot shorter this time around. I actually have hair to work with now so i am able to get it cut shorter and still look good lol.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Plus, you know when they hand you the hand mirror and spin you around.... no big shiny spot in the back!!!! I was stoked!

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
I just recently jumped the MSM train. While I'm patient with most things, I would like to see if my temple hair will regrow after an reaction to some corticosteroids.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Before I kicked off my regimen, my overall hair grew a lot more slowly.

22goingon50

Reaction score
OKAY! I'm convinced! Almost everyone approves of MSM, so I'm also jumping on the train. I'm very impatient waiting for any hair regrowth, but even if MSM doesn't have an effect on my hair it seems to be a great supplement anyways.

22goingon50

Reaction score
They even have MSM toothpaste?! Is it just an all purpose miracle drug? I think I might just start bathing in this stuff

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hehe. But it should grow your hair faster, so you see results more quickly.

babydoll

Reaction score
ok I after this Thread will test MSM.

But I have some questions.

I read somewhere that you can use bottle over the day and drink a small mount over the day.

What I wonder if you do like this - how much should I use as a beginner and doesnt it matter how much fluid i have?

Is it possible to have c-vitamin powder in the water?

Can I use same flavour just for the taste?