The Ordinary Multi-peptide Serum For Hair Density

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is working better homie

MEDIceuticals Numinox Follicle Revitalizer

Ingredients :
Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, DMDM Hydantoin, Eucalptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Panthenol, Methyl Salicylate, Ethyl Nicotinate, Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Serenoa Serrulate Fruit Extract, Albumen, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract, Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis Root Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Copper Tripeptide, Butylene Glycol PPG-26, PEG Oleanolic Acid, Biotnyl Tripeptide-l, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F). Linoleic Acid, Colloidal Sulfur, Wheat Germamidopropyl, Dimethylamine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Methoxyinnamate, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Phtyantriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Oleth-10, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Silk protein, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, BCC12-Base

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ingredients :

Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, DMDM Hydantoin, Eucalptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Panthenol, Methyl Salicylate, Ethyl Nicotinate, Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Serenoa Serrulate Fruit Extract, Albumen, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract, Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis Root Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Copper Tripeptide, Butylene Glycol PPG-26, PEG Oleanolic Acid, Biotnyl Tripeptide-l, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F). Linoleic Acid, Colloidal Sulfur, Wheat Germamidopropyl, Dimethylamine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Methoxyinnamate, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Phtyantriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Oleth-10, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Silk protein, Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, BCC12-Base
Thanks for sharing this

Is it like a shampoo/conditioner type product?

You said its been working well for you? Has it reduce shedding? Regrown any?

I might try this myself if so!!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread gets a lot of hits compared to pretty much any of the others even though, I mean, how effective is this?

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this

Is it like a shampoo/conditioner type product?

You said its been working well for you? Has it reduce shedding? Regrown any?

I might try this myself if so!!

its a leave in product. It reduced shedding and increased density.

I have the feeling things have worked like this for me: The multipeptide serum created a better enviroment and this Numinox picked up upon this and gave me better density and reduced shedding. why do i feel this way because i have a roller at home and use to hear my head skin crack when i rolled it. Like their was built up calcium or something. Now there is no cracking at all and hair feels great.
And offcourse the pictures. front was almost bald at one point. Pictures in this forum can proof that.

sidenote: My hair is very greasy from itself

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
its a leave in product. It reduced shedding and increased density.

I have the feeling things have worked like this for me: The multipeptide serum created a better enviroment and this Numinox picked up upon this and gave me better density and reduced shedding. why do i feel this way because i have a roller at home and use to hear my head skin crack when i rolled it. Like their was built up calcium or something. Now there is no cracking at all and hair feels great.
And offcourse the pictures. front was almost bald at one point. Pictures in this forum can proof that.

sidenote: My hair is very greasy from itself
I have heard mention of sebum pockets being broken up by derma-rolling and massage although what this indicates is unclear in terms of promoting regrowth or a better scalp environment.

rcom440

Reaction score

Ingredients :

the only ingredient that is probably working for you in this topical is Zinc Sulfate. I could make better topical than this "MEDIceuticals Nunminox for less than a $1 a 50ml bottle. Companies are making killing selling things like this MEDIceuticals Nunminox. All those ingredients are dirt cheep.
If you want to Biotin stick to pills.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the only ingredient that is probably working for you in this topical is Zinc Sulfate. I could make better topical than this "MEDIceuticals Nunminox for less than a $1 a 50ml bottle. Companies are making killing selling things like this MEDIceuticals Nunminox. All those ingredients are dirt cheep.
If you want to Biotin stick to pills.
there is saw palmetto in it as well. and some other dht blocking stuff if i read it correctly. im just posting and it works for me now. gotta see next couple of months before i judge.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse Have you tried the The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% ? I just found it after doing research on the Triple Hair's product coming out TH-16. "

"Preparation of Composition Comprising Resveratrol and Melatonin

The composition comprises 5% resveratrol and 0.1% melatonin as the active ingredients and propylene glycol and absolute ethyl alcohol as non-active ingredients. The alcohol also serves as the final preservative in the composition.""

Triple Hair's studies show decent results, not sure if they're legitimate, but for $8, it's worth a shot to try a bottle on the scalp, thoughts?

I brought it up at the end of this thread if you want to take a look.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse Have you tried the The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% ? I just found it after doing research on the Triple Hair's product coming out TH-16. "

The composition comprises 5% resveratrol and 0.1% melatonin as the active ingredients and propylene glycol and absolute ethyl alcohol as non-active ingredients. The alcohol also serves as the final preservative in the composition.""

Triple Hair's studies show decent results, not sure if they're legitimate, but for $8, it's worth a shot to try a bottle on the scalp, thoughts?

Fly along with me, I can't quite make it alone
Try to make this life my own
Fly along with me, I can't quite make it alone
Try to make this life my own
I'm lookin' to the sky to save me
Lookin' for a sign of life
Lookin' for somethin' to help me burn out bright
And I'm lookin' for a complication
Lookin' cause I'm tired of tryin'
Make my way back home when I learn to
I'm lookin' to the sky to save me
Lookin' for a sign of life
Lookin' for somethin' to help me burn out bright
And I'm lookin' for a complication
Lookin' cause I'm tired of tryin'
Make my way back home when I learn to fly high
Make my way back home when I learn to fly
Make my way back home when I learn to

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

No, never tried it. I guess orally supplementing your body with melatonin at night along with resveratrol won't hurt either. I am all for trying new things so give it a shot.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ingredients:Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caffeine, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Pisum Sativum Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract, Glycine Soja Germ Extract, Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Arginine, Glycine, Calcium Gluconate, Zinc Chloride, Lactic Acid, Gluconolactone, Dextran, Maltodextrin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan gum, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

What among these ingridients has any studies backing it up, besides castor oil and caffeine (I actually think caffeine may have a negative effect).

jantiloopez

My Regimen
Reaction score
What among these ingridients has any studies backing it up, besides castor oil and caffeine (I actually think caffeine may have a negative effect).
A lot of them do. Caffeine, especially, is the one with probably the most studies. I have no idea why you would be saying it has a negative effect.
Plenty of studies show the hair-growth promoting benefits of caffeine. Even in the presence of UV-rays and testosterone, it abolishes the damage induced by both factors and helps to maintain the hair in the presence of those stressors

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of them do. Caffeine, especially, is the one with probably the most studies. I have no idea why you would be saying it has a negative effect.
Plenty of studies show the hair-growth promoting benefits of caffeine. Even in the presence of UV-rays and testosterone, it abolishes the damage induced by both factors and helps to maintain the hair in the presence of those stressors
From what I have seen though is that consumption of caffeine via beverage or ingestion is likely to work the same as putting it into a shampoo or hair concoction. Most people probably ingest way more caffeine than is therapeutic but perhaps it has topical improvements that work differently from other ingestion types.

Janey

jantiloopez

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have seen though is that consumption of caffeine via beverage or ingestion is likely to work the same as putting it into a shampoo or hair concoction. Most people probably ingest way more caffeine than is therapeutic but perhaps it has topical improvements that work differently from other ingestion types.

Janey
Hi Janey, you're right.

Not to completely change the course of the thread and the other guys point that Caffeine may have a *negative effect*, but I wouldn't say it's literally the same, but it can for sure have similar effect, and depends on the substance and the risk an individual is willing to take when it comes to the side effects. In general, oral intake, emphasizes on providing systemic effects and will thereof always increase the potential of side effects and the route to reach the hair follicles are longer. Applying a substance directly at the site is wanted, but of course it needs a base/solvents that allow for follicular penetration specifically at that site. Fortunately for caffeine, it has health benefits when ingested orally (not excess obviously)

But when it comes to something dramatic like Finasteride, systemic 5A-reductase inhibition has significant side effects and is unwanted by most males. That's where topical application has its pros, because it locally reduces scalp DHT while minimizing systemic exposure. It will, of course, to some degree reach the bloodstream and have systemic effects, that will always happen- but less so than if one were to use it orally

Last edited:

jantiloopez

My Regimen
Reaction score
TL;DR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST- PRODUCT "REVIEW"/WARNING

I was very happy to find this product. I'm from a country with limited options and import charges are high. This was the most well-rounded formula I could find, with multiple criteria in mind.

On paper, it does look really well and at an affordable price. Each active ingredient has some form of studies on it (mostly in vitro cell cultures) but the ingredients have also been used in some human trials.

The Ordinary also doesn't hesitate to mention that their total concentration of active ingredients is 21,15%.
In studies for the different patents: REDENSYL™, Procapil™, CAPIXYL™ and BAICAPIL™ that are in the product, they have used a concentration between 1-5%. 1% of that is Caffeine, so we know it contains close to the concentration we need in order for these natural substances to attempt to replicate that of which was done in studies.

It absorbs the scalp really well, though that in itself has its trade-off. Scalp penetration/permeability = higher systemic retention. So it's clear it's getting "in there" and doing its job. Even though it absorbs well, the scalp does not become dry and it stays relatively humid.

I thought this could be my long-term option as a substitute for Finasteride and Minoxidil because it covers both the DHT and blood-flow aspect (and does even more than that, for instance, increasing collagen & elastin synthesis + targets many other pathways wanted for hair growth).

That being said, the reason I'm making this post- I saw another guy talking about how this product has raised his prolactin significantly too. This had me worried, but I wanted to try the product for myself.

Important to note: I've always been very sensitive and notice the smallest changes in my physiology. Especially hormonal changes. I'm on the autism spectrum disorder if that 'helps'.

Short about my experience;

I developed sexual dysfunction and gynecomastia even just from a few weeks on microdose topical Finasteride (0.025% concentration). For Minoxidil, it induced heart palpitations, increased heart-rate, dark circles under eyes, headaches and overall puffy look in my face. It would make it harder to catch my breath and get a satisfying yawn. I was only on it for a short time, but I was not gonna let my gynecomastia worsen and develop.

About the ingredients in The Ordinary Multi Peptide Serum:

Phytoestrogens from:
  • Genistein, Daidzein, Formononetin, and Biochanin A from CAPIXYL™ Red Clover Extract
  • Apigenin from Procapil™
  • EGCG & Dihydroquercetin/Taxifolin from REDENSYL™ Green Tea Extract
  • Coumestans from BAICAPIL™ Glycine Soja Germ Extract
All of these ingredients have some sort of estrogenic effects. Some of them, like Apigenin, can have an anti-estrogenic effect, which is dose-dependent. But It's unpredictable, especially in humans. Most of them bind to both alpha and beta estrogen receptors with high affinity and induce an abundant estrogenic state. Obviously, through these estrogenic mechanisms they induce hair growth. They antagonize the binding affinity of DHT, decrease LH & FSH (hormones that synergically induce testosterone production), and increase estradiol. An increase in estradiol would increase prolactin levels too (ref. to the other guy in this thread with prolactin increase). It makes full sense that this person reported this side effect.

After taking this product for only 20 days, the mark where it makes sense the ingredients have accumulated systemically, I noticed a significant decrease in libido. Very weak and anti-climatic orgasms, watery sperm consistency, lack of sexual impulse when stimulated (both physically and when looking at sexual triggers), a very flat/monotone feeling, low motivation, higher emotionality (cry easily when watching TV series etc). Even worse, 7-10 days later, I started noticing my nipples were flaring up. Always been prone to gynecomastia. But this onset was very significant. An itchy, pounding/pulsating feeling in my nipples. Physically, I noticed lumps on both nipples and it hurt to mess around with them. Tender, sensitive and painful.

What’s even more scary is that I used Aromasin (Exemestane, an aromatase inhibitor that prevents the conversion of testosterone to estrogen) to deal with these issues. I used the same dosage as I have before when my gyno has flared up (6-12 mg). However, I was shocked to notice how it wasn’t doing much and my symptoms were still present- and continuing to worsen. Then I added 30 mg of Raloxifene (SERM with high affinity for blocking estrogen receptors specifically in breast tissue) It helped some more but it was continuing to worsen.

It only makes sense after reading a couple of studies. This rodent study shows that genistein, a phytoestrogen in Red Clover, attenuates the anti-estrogenic effects of Tamoxifen/Nolvadex. Here’s another one; Genistein-Mediated Attenuation of Tamoxifen-Induced Antagonism from Estrogen Receptor-Regulated Genes

I stopped taking the product, and within 3 days, my nipple sensitivity lessened. Libido started returning too. One week later, the same symptoms were substantially lower. One week after that, even better. Gynecomastia lumps seem to recess inwards and disappear. Now there was only 10% of the sensitivity/tender feeling. Libido is feeling more normal and more intense like it’s supposed to be. Refractory period decreased significantly. Returning to my baseline for every day that I'm not taking the product.

To me, it’s clear that this product actually works, both due to the studies on it, but also the magnitude of the side effects which is similar to what I experienced on Finasteride. Clearly, I didn’t use it for enough time to determine any of its hair-growth effects, but the side effects speak for themselves. Most natural products that are commercialized for treating hair-loss don’t have these side effects, very likely because they don’t contain the appropriate amount to induce a significant pharmacological change in your physiology, but this product very much does so, and it only makes sense. Natural or synthetic; a substance with a specific mechanism of action can induce change when the concentration is sufficient. This product has ingredients that increase estrogen and also has dual 5A-reductase inhibition. That’s why I experienced the same side effects as Finasteride.

TL;DR- Took it for a month, started develop gynecomastia, worsened sex-drive, general hypogonadism, similar side effects to Finasteride, AI/SERM’s didn’t alleviate it, stopped taking it and symptoms went away

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Janey, you're right.

Not to completely change the course of the thread and the other guys point that Caffeine may have a *negative effect*, but I wouldn't say it's literally the same, but it can for sure have similar effect, and depends on the substance and the risk an individual is willing to take when it comes to the side effects. In general, oral intake, emphasizes on providing systemic effects and will thereof always increase the potential of side effects. Fortunately for caffeine, it has health benefits when ingested orally (not excess obviously)

But when it comes to something dramatic like Finasteride, systemic 5A-reductase inhibition has significant side effects and is unwanted by most males. That's where topical application has its pros, because it locally reduces scalp DHT while minimizing systemic exposure. It will, of course, to some degree reach the bloodstream and have systemic effects, that will always happen- but less so than if one were to use it orally
Yes to all of this and much of my search was at least initially, to see if using Estrogel on the scalp was a path for males and it seems that you have to use levels that go systemic and that are feminizing to get to the hair restoration benefits. Estrogel might still be great for maintenance in lower levels but so are finasteride and Duta so maybe non-feminizing amounts of Estrogel on the scalp might work for people for whom duta does not or maybe it could do so via synergy with finasteride/Duta but it has been approximately 100 years since estrogens were first identified in the lab and we have essentially no one except MtF's who have been able to use estrogens profitably for hair growth. There's a reason why topicals haven't been a thing really, except for minoxidil and it suffers from a very high non-response rate. Oral meds seem to virtually always work better. spironolactone might not work at all topically. Keto and Dandruff shampoos do work topically and polysorbates appear to work for some for minoxidil-type mostly maintenance results.

Few on here seek sheer maintenance any longer but in the mid-80's even achieving maintenance was a major break-through. Too bad the FDA yanked all of the commercials and shut down Dr. Lee but Polysorbates are readily available on Amazon.

Janey