The Natural Internal Regimen

ABJac

Reaction score
If your question is as "simple" as you state, then by all means, figure it out by yourself. I have chosen, which is my right (by the way), to do no more. I am not obligated to do any more than I want, contrary to your "inclination(s)."

Now, you would do well to assess your own passive-aggressive behaviour: Ask yourself why you continue to seek advice from someone who wants nothing more to do with you, pouting and blubbering in this thread like some jilted 16-year old Japanese girl from a private high school on the West side of Tokyo.

Dude, you look ridiculous.

I look ridiculous? you just called me 16 year old japanese girl from tokyo. :thumbdown2:

Sorry zeroes, you guys can get back on your topic, but beware of this guys regimen. It clearly has some serious side effects:
Pretentiousness, Lack of sociability, bad attitude, self-righteousness, etc.

Even a full head of hair won't help people with an disposition like this guy.

Later natural, stay angry.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You both have had your say now, let's keep it 100% on topic from here on.

Thanks guys.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm interested in trying this routine. It's been asked before but never got answered - what dosage of each of these supplements do we take?

Slippy, did you happen to read the first post of this thread, where I wrote:

I will not recommend brands. Do not PM me about them or recommended dosage (it is written on the bottle) - I usually take one capsule of each supplement in my signature. For further information, please avail yourself of the search function here, google, or go to online sites such as iHerb, Vitacost, etc. For those so inclined (follow this regimen), return in three months, and update the forum as to your scalp/hair's progress.

The best,

TN

Ginkosama

Reaction score
The only supplement you need to scan carefully is the fish oil. There is a huge offer hence many, many supplements are of poor quality.
I didn't find a cheap AND good supplement, the cheap one will be boxes of 120 caps but you would need to eat 3 or 4 each day to have the right dose, and it will be Omega 3 from krill or something.

My advice is to put some money in that. I am using a brand named Morepa and I am satisfied with it.

The rest, garlic, curcuma, cayenne caps are still underepresented so any brand might do. Just follow what's written on the bottle.
Hope that helps.

Oh and amen ABJac.

Jacob

Reaction score
Boswellia Serrata is bad ***! That herb kills Chron's disease.. as strong as a lot of steroids on the market right now without the side effects.

Strongest one I found:

https://www.badmonkeybotanicals.com...organic-boswellia-serrata-AKBA-extract-powder

65%AKBA.. unreal!

This one is 90% though: http://store.truebotanica.com/store/product/SRW0233/Boswellia3K90caps.aspx ..or at least 60mg of it is. I suppose one would do well with either one of those or the phytosomal one. Either a high % or something that absorbs better.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that there are many good Boswellia products available. I am learning first hand about its effectiveness. Hopefully, others will discuss their experience with this natural supplement as well.

Oh and amen ABJac.

Classmates at that same boarding school for girls on the West side of Tokyo.

- - - Updated - - -

This one is 90% though: http://store.truebotanica.com/store/product/SRW0233/Boswellia3K90caps.aspx ..or at least 60mg of it is. I suppose one would do well with either one of those or the phytosomal one. Either a high % or something that absorbs better.

Are you going to try it?

Jacob

Reaction score
I may..one or the other. I took Source Naturals Inflama-Rest for some time quite awhile ago. It contains some Boswellia. Obviously the ones we're discussing here would be more potent Boswellia.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to clog up this thread with topicals.. so I'll just post one:

http://www.physicaenergetics.com/images/PDF/UK Detail Sheets/Topicals/BioCatalaseUK.pdf

Ingredients
Arnica 3X
Calendula 1X
Hypericum 3X
Witch Hazel 1X
Bromelain
Pancreatin 8x USP
Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
Emu Oil
Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera)
Safflower Seed Oil (Cathamus Tinctoris)
Tea Tree Leaf Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia)
Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate)
MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane)
Boswellia Serrata Extract (standardized
to 65% boswellic acids)

Cayenne (.01%) Capsaicin)
Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria)
Flower Extract
Garlic Bulb Extract (Allium Sativum)
Willow Bark Extract (Salix Alba)
Feverfew Extract (Chrysanthemum
Parthenium)
Wood Betony Extract (Stachys
Officinalis)

Quite a few scalp/hair goodies there.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
We must admit that there are a lot of claims (hyperbole, and out right lies, in some cases) made by the supplement industry about the effectiveness of natural products. But those of Boswellia appear to be very accurate: It reduces inflammation; And its effect is long lasting, unlike that of NSAIDs. Further, we know that Boswellia like "other lipoxygenase-inhibiting agents, might be helpful in the treatment of psoriasis because of the inhibition of inflammatory cells (leukocytes) into the skin."

Jacob

Reaction score

http://www.umangpharmaceuticals.com/nutraceutical-beadlets/boswellia-serrata-beadlets.php

http://www.wokvel.com/

Not sure if those are available anywhere.
Edit..the Wokvel: http://www.pureformulas.com/boswellia-serrata-extract-wokvel-180-capsules-by-progena.html

- - - Updated - - -

That topical is available here: http://integratedhealthsolutions.ca/products/

BioCatalase Liposome Lotion (4 0z)-#09020 $26.50

You need a "prescription"..but it looks like you just contact them for one.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Clinical efficacy of boswellia in inflammatory disease

"...Modern extracts of boswellia are standardized to AKBA content. The most effective extracts to date employ as standardization level of 30% AKBA.

In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial of a 30% AKBA boswellia extract (5-LOXIN), researchers found that the extract significantly reduced pain and improved physical functioning in OA patients.[SUP]41[/SUP] Seventy-five participants received either 100 mg or 250 mg (delivering 33 mg or 75 mg AKBA, respectively) per day of boswellia extract for 90 days. Each patient was evaluated for pain and physical function using the visual analog scale, Lequesne's Functional Index, and Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index at baseline and at days 7, 30, 60 and 90. The cartilage degrading enzyme matrix metalloproteinase-3 was also evaluated in synovial fluid from OA patients. Measurement was also made of several other biochemical parameters in serum and hematological parameters, and urine analyses were performed to evaluate safety of the extract.

At the end of the study, both doses of boswellia extract conferred clinically and statistically significant improvements in pain scores and physical function scores in the OA patients. Significant improvements in pain score and functional ability were recorded in the treatment group supplemented with 250 mg as early as 7 days after the start of treatment. The authors also reported a significant reduction in synovial fluid MMP-3 in the treatment group. A later clinical study comparing 2 different extracts of boswellia produced similar results.[SUP]42[/SUP]

Conclusion
Turmeric and frankincense are two herbs with ancient medicinal usage undergoing intense scrutiny and study for their modern applications and mechanisms of action. Many of the actions of key actives within these plants have been identified and described. Unlike most drugs, however, even single actives in these plants (eg, curcumin) work via multiple mechanisms, rather than targeting a single enzyme or receptor.

The slower onset of symptom relief produced by these and other botanical agents (as compared to pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory agents) should not be dismissed as lower efficacy. Rather, it is indicative of the gradual restoration of homeostasis. When time and symptom management permit, this outcome has advantages over the isolated suppression of specific inflammatory mechanisms and mediators, with fewer adverse effects and more sustained and sustainable clinical results."

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I will give this regime a try. I will carry it out as follows:
> Jarrows Curcumin 95 and Boswellia Extract (evenings),
> MSM 3000mg, Vitamin C 500mg (morning) and Fish Oils. I read Vit C increases absorption of MSM.

After reading The Naturals posts in a more detailed manner, I think I will need to change my Curcumin supplement to Meriva Phytosomes version. But I will see how things go with my current Curcumin supplement.

Update: 31/11/2012 - I have added Kyolic Aged Garlic supplement containing Cayenne and Hawthorne berry. I will be taking this along with my daily dose of Curcumin to help improve absorption.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I will give this regime a try. I will carry it out as follows:
> Jarrows Curcumin 95 and Boswellia Extract (evenings),
> MSM 3000mg, Vitamin C 500mg (morning) and Fish Oils. I read Vit C increases absorption of MSM

Hope it works out for you, and be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks,
TN

- - - Updated - - -

TheShopKeeper's approach (of "reading posts in a more detailed manner") is one that we all can benefit from. I know the value of following a general outline, but then researching supplements on my own, and determining the right ones for me.

Everyone is different. Brand and dosage often reflect these differences. It may take some time, but each one of us will need to find his own regimen.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll just add my thoughts on using Boswellia Extract. I believe it can be a great addition to this regime. My mother used it for quite some time to alleviate her joint pain.

She always had quite thin hair and after taking Boswellia for quite some time, I remember her telling me how it was noticeably thicker. However, her hair went back to the way they were after stopping daily dosage.

I don't know to what extent Boswellia can be effective in males. But there must be some truth behind it.

curiosity

Reaction score
Shallaki

Hope it works out for you, and be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks,
TN

- - - Updated - - -

TheShopKeeper's approach (of "reading posts in a more detailed manner") is one that we all can benefit from. I know the value of following a general outline, but then researching supplements on my own, and determining the right ones for me.

Everyone is different. Brand and dosage often reflect these differences. It may take some time, but each one of us will need to find his own regimen.

I appreciate your diligent efforts to develop a consensus opinion with this thread. I am following a parallel path with herbals and will return once I have more than one data point.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have to agree results of natural approaches are less then stellar if there ever are any. I have taken saw palmetto, revivogen, beta sis, grape seed extract, and now am on a prostate supplement with pumpkin seed, saw palmetto and pygeum. No real results to speak of yet I do think saw palmetto has some tiny effect if it meets some requirements otherwise probably does nothing.
Some immortal guy in the regrowth forums had his own page pushing all this natural supplement crap but as usual no proof of any kind and a lot of people disappointed with results. No one wants to take drugs but as of today nothing else works even remotely close to propecia. There is a good reason why propecia has sides and possible dangers to it because its specifically made to be powerful enough to get demonstrable proof that it works for hair loss and that is something no supplements have ever been able to do. So yeah supplement are safe because they are dont work or are not close to strong enough.

Ginkosama

Reaction score
I have to agree results of natural approaches are less then stellar if there ever are any. I have taken saw palmetto, revivogen, beta sis, grape seed extract, and now am on a prostate supplement with pumpkin seed, saw palmetto and pygeum. No real results to speak of yet I do think saw palmetto has some tiny effect if it meets some requirements otherwise probably does nothing.
Some immortal guy in the regrowth forums had his own page pushing all this natural supplement crap but as usual no proof of any kind and a lot of people disappointed with results. No one wants to take drugs but as of today nothing else works even remotely close to propecia. There is a good reason why propecia has sides and possible dangers to it because its specifically made to be powerful enough to get demonstrable proof that it works for hair loss and that is something no supplements have ever been able to do. So yeah supplement are safe because they are dont work or are not close to strong enough.

Sadly I have to agree with that.
Truth is if you can't wait anymore and need a treatment that has a chance to work you need to go on minoxidil/Propecia. That's all.
OC still has to prove itself long term, same or PSI, RU and other experimental treatments.

I am on this diet for 3 months now (+ toco and green clay ) and... same ich, same terrible shedding. My scalps looks terrible, feels terrible. I just have more body hair.
I will give the natural way another 6 months, without any expectation. I will move in June to another country so I can buzz my head without too much regrets.

If you have an aggressive hairloss like mine (going bald at 20, now at 22 I am NW3) take propecia. Moot treatments ain't gonna do anything.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
curiosity,

I appreciate your recognition, thank you. Looking forward to reading about your results.

abcdefg,

With whom are you agreeing, pray tell? I fail to see the relevance of your post in this thread. Your regimen is entirely different from mine. But if it's any consolation, I do agree with you about the efficacy of saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, grape seed extract, pygeum, and pumpkin seed. As I have stated many times, a regimen of natural DHT blockers is most effective for folks in the early stages of hair loss. After that, not so, for me and many other users that I've read about. In addition, the body will build up a tolerance to these type of supplements, rendering them ineffective in a short period of time. But this is, like, (five to six year) old news, dude.

And your generalizations about IH and propecia are indicative of one who still needs to do a little bit more homework on this subject.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have been on this regime since my intial post in this thread (around the start of October). Can't say it's effected my hair yet but I will continue the over the coming months. But what I have noticed recently is my skin glows and my acne/spots don't occur as often as they used to. Even if this doesn't work for my hairloss, I will continue since facial blemishes have been the bane of my life!

I have made some changes to my regiment just to ensure I have all parts of The Naturals supplements in use:

Mornings:
> Vitamin C 600mg
> Kyolic Aged Garlic Circulation 600mg
> MSM 4000mg
> Cod Liver Oil (ran out a little while back)

Evenings:
> Curcumin 500mg
> Resveratol 200mg (added start of December)
> Boswellia 800mg