The Honest To Gawd Cure - Crisper Is Here

Who is excited about the Future shown in the Video?

• F**K YES! SIGN ME UP!

• No. My brain cannot comprehend living in a world like that.

• No Clue AKA I am Lost For Words.....

• I just want Hair Bro.

Results are only viewable after voting.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Overpopulation is not an issue. Aubrey De Grey as adressed this multiple times. Just Google him and overpopulation. The answer is already evident in trends we have been observing in birth rates in developed countries.

I agree. Overpopulation is not an issue. The cure for the aging process is coming. If some people don't want to live in a world where aging is cured they can escape this world by ending their own lives if they want to. And they shouldn't let the door hit them in the *** on their way out of the world of the living.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
If you are alive 30 years from now, then you could very well be alive in a thousand. This has been the zeitgeist in biology and gerontology for a while now, even before CRISPR favorably changed the playing field. Look into longevity escape velocity and Aubrey De Grey. People are finally catching on and beginning to take it seriously.

All of this will most likely be free provided by the government. Why? It is quite simple. It's a lot cheaper to have healthy productive citizens than it is to have sick elderly people who contribute nothing and only consume. The elderly are a huge economic burden on a society (no offense to anyone...just the reality we live in) The government would not be able to afford to not provide these therapies to all citizens. Now, maybe "vanity" issues might not be free at first but eventually, these too will be free or cheap enough to be accessible to all (think 100 years from now......)

I think a cure for the aging process will be invented within 4 years. One of the treatment methods I'm thinking will accomplish this is the CRISPR tech, but there are also other promising anti-aging technologies. I think anti-aging technologies are moving forward so fast that I would actually be a little shocked if aging isn't cured within 4 years so let's see where things stand with anti-aging medicine on May 1, 2021.

Now as I've previously said, I do think it will take a few years longer (beyond 2021) to get the treatment to market but I think the world might fast-track it once everyone knows it's invented. I can imagine AARP holding huge demonstrations demanding the fast-track for it after it's invented. You don't want to mess with AARP.

Last edited:

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you just kidding or do you really believe your hair is more important than the lives of every human being on earth?

I think what he's saying is that science and medicine improve incrementally, and we should lay down a foundation of tackling more realistic issues - like hair loss - as opposed to looking ahead and taking on the single loftiest project in the history of human civilization, AKA turning ourselves into ageless immortals. But I don't expect you to understand this since you've deluded yourself into thinking this technology is right around the corner and you have third world reading comprehension skills.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I think what he's saying is that science and medicine improve incrementally, and we should lay down a foundation of tackling more realistic issues - like hair loss - as opposed to looking ahead and taking on the single loftiest project in the history of human civilization, AKA turning ourselves into ageless immortals. But I don't expect you to understand this since you've deluded yourself into thinking this technology is right around the corner and you have third world reading comprehension skills.

I see that you speak for Follisket.

Are you a Follisket-Whisperer?

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
We don't have enough resources for the population we already have if everyone had a first world standard of living. Its role to cut back. Wecare a long way from having infinite resources, sms space its already running out on much of the world. I don't want to live like people do in India. Just because you can squeeze that many people in doesn't mean you should.

Look, if there's a cure for the aging process people aren't going to let themselves die (rather than take that cure) just so the world will be less crowded for you. People don't care how you feel about how crowded the world should or shouldn't be. If you want the world to be less populated you can reduce the population by one person anytime you want to by killing yourself. And don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out of the world of the living.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look, if there's a cure for the aging process people aren't going to let themselves die (rather than take that cure) just so the world will be less crowded for you. People don't care how you feel about how crowded the world should or shouldn't be. If you want the world to be less populated you can reduce the population by one person anytime you want to by killing yourself. And don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out of the world of the living.

What the??? Where did I say that people would choose to die? In do think some people will refuse a cure out of philosophical concerns, and some won't have the money, but it's obvious that most would pay any price for eternal youth. That's the point. The world would become even more overcrowded than it already is. It would put so much pressure on resources that a lot more would die from war and starvation, but we would never reach a point of homeostasis without serious changes to the way we live. You need to read some Thomas Malthus.

As for killing myself, I'd rather wait until the resource wars start, and let the fools like you be killed off.

H

Reaction score
I think a cure for the aging process will be invented within 4 years. One of the treatment methods I'm thinking will accomplish this is the CRISPR tech, but there are also other promising anti-aging technologies. I think anti-aging technologies are moving forward so fast that I would actually be a little shocked if aging isn't cured within 4 years so let's see where things stand with anti-aging medicine on May 1, 2021.

Now as I've previously said, I do think it will take a few years longer (beyond 2021) to get the treatment to market but I think the world might fast-track it once everyone knows it's invented. I can imagine AARP holding huge demonstrations demanding the fast-track for it after it's invented. You don't want to mess with AARP.
Im curious what anti aging technologies are progressing with such haste?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear Ray Kurtzweil will be there this year. Ben Goertzel, genius also, will be speaking. He believes longevity science will advance through AI, so that would be interesting to hear.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you a Follisket-Whisperer?

Hah, maybe we need one of those. Y'know, to reasonably relate my inner turmoil to the people fed up with my bitching.
But I'm mostly joking, yes. Just a friendly jab at us trying to resolve hypothetical apocalyptic scenarios while we're still unable to even safely halt hair loss.

Getting my hair back is higher (well, highest, really) on my list of priorities than immortality, though.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you call it an aging cure while aging is not a disease?
I hope that cure or whatever it's to come out fast, so we are not botherd about aging sh*t in every thread.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you call it an aging cure while aging is not a disease?
I hope that cure or whatever it's to come out fast, so we are not botherd about aging sh*t in every thread.

Many people say that aging is a disease. I understand and respect that you have the right to your opinion but I just want to be sure that you know that a lot of people disagree with you. Check this out:

https://futurism.com/more-scientists-are-pushing-to-have-aging-classified-as-a-disease/

http://www.leafscience.org/aging-as-a-disease/

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im curious what anti aging technologies are progressing with such haste?

While I personally disagree with the timeframe, significant progress is being made in rejuvenating skin, tendons, hair (obviously) etc. and I think a fair guess, given where trials stand at present, we'll probably see them on the market by 2030.

Even then, it may not be so massive as to turn you back to a teenage appearance, but it should be significant none the less.

Many people say that aging is a disease. I understand and respect that you have the right to your opinion but I just want to be sure that you know that a lot of people disagree with you. Check this out:

https://futurism.com/more-scientists-are-pushing-to-have-aging-classified-as-a-disease/

http://www.leafscience.org/aging-as-a-disease/

Yeah, Nameless is correct. Over the last 5 years, I've read many an article that quoted or otherwise directly said something along the lines of aging is being seen as something that can be treated or perhaps cured rather than our current dealings with it.

Also, a disease is "a particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people." So "aging", hairloss, etc. definitely meets the definition of a disease.

H

Reaction score
While I personally disagree with the timeframe, significant progress is being made in rejuvenating skin, tendons, hair (obviously) etc. and I think a fair guess, given where trials stand at present, we'll probably see them on the market by 2030.

Even then, it may not be so massive as to turn you back to a teenage appearance, but it should be significant none the less.
I agree 30 years seems way more reasonable then 4. Eliminating somatic cells Hayflick limit without encouraging indefinately dividing cancerous cells is not going to be an easy task just around the corner. Solving this problem could initiate regeneration in theory however it won't be day and night it will take you as long as it took you to get old to get younger again kind of a Benjamin Button effect.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with H. Maps of gene expression have been made comparing young and old and only a handful can be modified currently through high intensity exercise or caloric restriction. Even then, cognition and cardiovascular health only begin to take on a more youthful condition evidenced by gene expression measurement. It will not be soon that we will witness wrinkles disappearing and pubertal hairlines returning as we stand in front of our mirrors in the morning. Bloody Hell!

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
You guys are vastly underestimating the difficulty of curing diseases by modifying genes of adults. If you happen to be insanely wealthy, in the next 20 years CRISPR might be able to save your children from inheriting the male pattern baldness gene assuming governments allow it.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Solving this problem could initiate regeneration in theory however it won't be day and night it will take you as long as it took you to get old to get younger again kind of a Benjamin Button effect.

That's not how regeneration works. Alot of the results from the treatments proposed by De Grey will be closer to day and night compared to what you are describing. We already have treatments or proposed treatments to fix all types of damage that occur from metabolic processes (aging). The main reason it will take 30 years or more to get these treatments to market is due to lack of funding.

This is largely due to the general public's misguided beliefs that aging is natural and can't be modulated and controlled. Most people are too afraid to accept that this is not the case because it is too foreign to their current perception of reality. This is changing however. Ten years ago, people mocked Aubrey De Grey's ideas. Now, they are widely accepted to be true throughout the Gerontology field.

As soon as the frist regenerative therapies are proven effective in mice........ most of the "aging is natural and should be embraced" people will change ships in the blink of an eye.

H

Reaction score
That's not how regeneration works. Alot of the results from the treatments proposed by De Grey will be closer to day and night compared to what you are describing. We already have treatments or proposed treatments to fix all types of damage that occur from metabolic processes (aging). The main reason it will take 30 years or more to get these treatments to market is due to lack of funding.

This is largely due to the general public's misguided beliefs that aging is natural and can't be modulated and controlled. Most people are too afraid to accept that this is not the case because it is too foreign to their current perception of reality. This is changing however. Ten years ago, people mocked Aubrey De Grey's ideas. Now, they are widely accepted to be true throughout the Gerontology field.

As soon as the frist regenerative therapies are proven effective in mice........ most of the "aging is natural and should be embraced" people will change ships in the blink of an eye.
I agree on some points however I think most people believe that ageing is natural because you observe it in almost ALL organisms this isn't a disease of the human race its like the life disease especially for multicellular. As for the day and night rejuvination I am skeptical. I could be wrong but it takes a week to heal a scratch on your skin months to heal a broken bones. The outlook for taking serum for aging going to sleep while all of your collagen production vamps up and the osteoclasts can start to wage a more even war on your osteoporosis is a little far fetched but that's just me. If you were to create a healing factor sure thatd be awesome id take that over hair but the human body can only repair itself so fast.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yep, we can't cure baldness yet we are close to cure aging. Keep dreaming.