The Hair Transplant Discussion And Consideration Thread.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about side effects - I took finasteride for 9 or 10 months before and was fine.

I just didn't get any regrowth.

I still don't know if the finasteride would have worked if I stayed with it for longer.

I'm worried about getting the hair transplant if my hair loss isn't stable because if I get one and continue losing hair despite being on meds then the transplant would have only won me 3 or so more years - whereas I'm looking for a more final solution.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

What's the point if it only buys you 3 years. If an hair transplant would definitely last me 10 years then I'd consider it. Otherwise I don't see it as a worthwhile treatment option.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I mean.

What's the point if it only buys you 3 years. If an hair transplant would definitely last me 10 years then I'd consider it. Otherwise I don't see it as a worthwhile treatment option.
You just got to take meds, man.

Theres no other way long term.

Take a chance - better that then bald.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
You just got to take meds, man.

Theres no other way long term.

Take a chance - better that then bald.

I'd sooner get an SMP done or go Joe Rogan.

Considering baldness is as natural phenomena it doesn't seem right to me to treat it to the extremes of meds and transplants. You can't run against nature, resistance is ultimately futile..

At least with SMP, its low maintenance and I have frame.

If hair transplant's could last 10 years + then it would be a different story.

I'm open to being convinced but from what I've seen hair transplant's don't seem a good deal.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

Considering baldness is as natural phenomena it doesn't seem right to me to treat it to the extremes of meds and transplants. You can't run against nature, resistance is ultimately futile..

I'm open to being convinced but from what I've seen hair transplant's don't seem a good deal.
Transplants can last forever if you maintain with finasteride.

Its a big decision to make so give it some thought.

Most of it comes down to whether you are in the roughly 50% who experience some regrowth after 12 months.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not meaning to hijack this thread or anything but has anyone on the forum heard of or had experience with Dr. ******** of BHR clinic? He is based in Belgium but will be hosting consultations in London next month so I may go down to see him for one of these

He quoted me 1800 grafts to fill in my nw2.5 to nw1 but would prefer to see me in person too for a more accurate prediction.
Anyone know BHR clinic in Belgium? Sorry mods i didn't realise i wasn't able to post names of surgeons on here, my bad

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

That doesn't make sense. It's natural to go bald, if anything medication would be the way to fight nature, rather than fight nature with nature. I don't think it matters that much that you might eventually lose the fight against baldness, what matters is holding onto as much hair as possible for as long as possible. And how is getting a tattoo on your head any more natural than moving hairs from the back of your head onto your top?

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The before and after pictures posted in this thread are pure propaganda. The more forgiving lighting and possible photoshop in the after picture is so obvious. No one should base a decision on that nonsense.

With that said I will definitely consider FUE in future. I’m 34 and have nonaggressive balding, although I am now a NW3v and in hindsight should have started treatments two years earlier. However I am happy with the progress I am making on finasteride and ketoconazole.

I’m pretty sure I have stabilised my hairloss and hope to at least partially reverse it. I will assess my situation at 38 and decide on FUE then. But living life as a bald man is not something I intend to accept.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. It's natural to go bald, if anything medication would be the way to fight nature, rather than fight nature with nature. I don't think it matters that much that you might eventually lose the fight against baldness, what matters is holding onto as much hair as possible for as long as possible. And how is getting a tattoo on your head any more natural than moving hairs from the back of your head onto your top?

I'm not talking about fighting nature. I'm talking about accepting nature, going with it instead of against it.

Getting an SMP is more natural as 1) it is not invasive therapy that leaves scarring and requires an operation 2) It does not require long term medication to keep the hair on the head.

With SMP it's way less effort. You are working with the bald head you have, just adding some frame and shadow. Just my two cents.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol you're joking right? Are you in a cult?

f*** using modern medicine because it's "unnatural"?

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol you're joking right? Are you in a cult?

f*** using modern medicine because it's "unnatural"?

I'm not in a cult. I'm not talking about 'f*** using modern medicine' lol. When did I even say tha? You are completely twisting my words.

I personally just don't want to take med's that have potential side effects for something that is cosmetic and ultimately not life threatening.

If you take med's for your baldness fine, but that's not my approach, nor probably is is for most of the balding population of the world who deal with it without taking meds.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not meaning to hijack this thread or anything but has anyone on the forum heard of or had experience with Dr. ******** of BHR clinic? He is based in Belgium but will be hosting consultations in London next month so I may go down to see him for one of these

He quoted me 1800 grafts to fill in my nw2.5 to nw1 but would prefer to see me in person too for a more accurate prediction.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nor probably is is for most of the balding population

That will be because they don’t know about meds, live in a country where they’re not available or because they’re too poor to afford them. It won’t be because they’ve made an informed adult decision to eschew hair loss treatments in most cases.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Johnt1997

you checked out the hair transplant section of the forum? might be someone else who had a hair transplant with him

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you mean business and are trying to avoid a transplant:

30714459_10156442118088586_4110957917648191488_n.jpg

Pulling out the big guns.

I'm going to take Avodart 3 times per week and then finasteride (Prorid) on the 'off' days.

I will use nizoral three timers per week. I will use minoxidil twice per day; small amount in the morning because I have work and then lots at night.

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score

View attachment 85802

I'm going to take Avodart 3 times per week and then finasteride (Prorid) on the 'off' days.

I will use nizoral three timers per week. I will use minoxidil twice per day; small amount in the morning because I have work and then lots at night.

You're in Vietnam right?

I was in Cambodia in late 2017. That decor reminds me a lot of the average Khmer home.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 85802

You going to keep us updated with your results mate?

Also, what does DDG mean out of curiosity? I've always read your name as Johnson David De Gea lol

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
You going to keep us updated with your results mate?

Also, what does DDG mean out of curiosity? I've always read your name as Johnson David De Gea lol
It means drop dead gorgeous but it was a joke based on an article I read about teen slang terms.'

Johnson is slang for dick in the film in the big Lebowski - so essentially it means drop dead gorgeous dick.

I had an old username before Johnson but I quit when I broke up with my ex.