The Group Buy to End All Group Buys: Twist1 Inhibitor

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uhm. So you're saying just in a few years CRISPR knocking out Twist1 would pretty much be a cure with little side effects? Sounds too good to be true as usual

Also what happens if your hair is forever in anagen phase, wouldn't you become a werewolf everywhere lmao

Whats the name of the molecules that inhibit Twist1 and what % of it does it inhibit?

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love you guys. Even if I dont understand the science behind all this, I am sure somebody will find the cure with the group buys here

Where is @FollicleGuardian btw? Did he get the cure and left us all alone to suffer?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love you guys. Even if I dont understand the science behind all this, I am sure somebody will find the cure with the group buys here

Where is @FollicleGuardian btw? Did he get the cure and left us all alone to suffer?

Of course you love them. They’re being Guinea pigs for us

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti-androgens will always be the first-line defense against hair loss. However, in prostate cancer Twist1 knockout alone was as effective as complete androgen receptor knockdown.
Iirc last time you talked about twist1 in discord there was somthing preventing from us actually using it , i think it was the WNT pathway if im not wrong

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't ASC-J9 also inhibiting Twist1? Any reason to get on these if already on it (aside from stains)? Can they be combined?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do we have any human data on side-effects rather than that smol mice study? it sounds less scary than Shh pathway so that attracts me, but isn't most potent WNT upregulators cancer related?

nimdok

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great finds, don’t wanna get my hopes up too much but this sounds promising

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will the GB be for the compound or for a ready to use topical. I’m definitely more into the later.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no chance that inhibiting Twist can cause cancer. Twist1 promotes tumor growth, and these two drugs were developed to treat cancer. It will only upregulate R-spondin in tissues where it is supposed to be upregulated, like the hair follicle. Even in prostate cancer RSPO is downregulated, and lower R-spondin levels are associated with lower survival rates. Twist1 activates Wnt target genes also, differentially from beta-catenin. It shifts the pathway towards EMT which promotes tumor migration.

@Admin there are some trolls here
Nice, thanks for the info, that indeed sounds very good, finally a new pathway where going ham might not be harmful enough (like PRL inhibitors)

What about commercial use cases tho? I really hope there is already some for-profit company looking into patenting new mollecules and FDA trial these pathways... if we have to rely on random people in the forums like CsA its gonna be another sad day for hair loss

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will the GB be for the compound or for a ready to use topical. I’m definitely more into the later.
Compound I must assume. They cant rly guarantee your solution will be stable enough for shipping esp. for a new and unknown compound you must test diferent vehicles

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you also want it to include a person that applies it for you everyday? And perhaps additionally performs a nice massage? Like a combi deal?