The Group Buy to End All Group Buys: Twist1 Inhibitor

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody is telling you to do anything. You think you know more than Ralf Paus? You're seriously the biggest hypochondriac on the forums. You are paranoid about everything. The two compounds I linked to here could very well have off-target effects that cause side effects, it's a total unknown. However, Twist1 is not so important postnatally like you are trying to make it out to be. Even Ralf Paus said that its main function after birth appears to be causing cancer. The hematopoietic differentiation you're referring to is embryonic. Like I already told you, mice that have Twist1 knocked out after they are born have normal development and are generally healthy with little difference between them and wild type mice, but they grow longer hair.

I don't need your permission to try this. I'm not shutting off a gene. I'm going to be inhibiting a protein in the scalp only, and it is not permanent. It is no different than any other research chemical that people have been trying on forums for 20 years, except inhibiting Twist1 is likely safer than many, if not most. Personally I've used stuff far riskier than this before that I very explicitly warned everyone not to try because of the dangers. This one I'm not the least bit worried about except for the potential off-target effects that any drug can have. What those might be, I don't know. Could they be serious? Absolutely. If you want to wait 10 years for a better treatment to be tested and fda approved then do that. I will be too old by then for it to matter, so I'm taking matters into my own hands now.

I appreciate people bringing important safety concerns to my attention, but that's not what you're doing. What you're doing is spouting unfounded fear. You call this theory broscience, but broscience is taking a giant leap from Twist1 regulating embryonic hematopoietic differentiation to claiming it will cause a blood disorder in adults. This isn't even my theory btw, but it's the one that I am convinced is right. That's not to say it's complete. There is more to Androgenetic Alopecia than just this, but it's a very large part of it.

You clearly seem to have a following around here for reasons I don’t know and you avoided answering my question about your qualifications but unfortunately I don’t give enough shitt to get involved in this mess so deleted my post.

Do post the results here hehe

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
You clearly seem to have a following around here for reasons I don’t know and you avoided answering my question about your qualifications but unfortunately I don’t give enough shitt to get involved in this mess so deleted my post.

Do post the results here hehe
Funny how we both just use finasteride like normal ppl do while these guys are on extremely complicated regimens, especially this autistic smart apsie guy called pegasus2. Never seen a more strange regimen or even close to it in all my years on this forum.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude just shut up. We’ve all heard you. You’ve said your piece. Made your point.

You’re clearly not AS knowledgeable as our bro so please… just shhhh.

Calm your tits

I agree with your post actually! I am not as knowledgeable as your bro science

in*

I am also not as ethical as your bro either

CapiLarry

Reaction score
@pegasus2

cheers for your diligence and hard work. i have a slightly off topic question - i just looked at your regime - how is that working out for you? are you at least maintaining - norwood level?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
while some of your statements are true spare me the politics because the law doesnr give a f*** about any of us. They legit have toxins in all our foods. That sh*t should be f*****g illegal. my Friend died from fda approved pharmaceuticals. The system is broken. Let the man do what he wants.

Kinda ironic you complain about this then encourage someone else to test theoretical stuff on themselves lol

I kind of agree with your sentiments though

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how we both just use finasteride like normal ppl do while these guys are on extremely complicated regimens, especially this autistic smart apsie guy called pegasus2. Never seen a more strange regimen or even close to it in all my years on this forum.

What would be funny if he is a BDD or a nw2 at best easily fixable with even high class hairmill hair transplant

I have noticed the lower norwoods/just started balding guys are usually more neurotic about their hairloss than the others.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree Twist1 inhibition looks better safety profile than SCUBE13. I'm not into turning myself into a lab rat with a long family history of cancer I'm on a strict health protocol as prevention, would be retarded to be doing that and then test on myself unproven compounds. I understand people who will try it tho, looks promising.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be funny if he is a BDD or a nw2 at best easily fixable with even high class hairmill hair transplant

I have noticed the lower norwoods/just started balding guys are usually more neurotic about their hairloss than the others.
Yeah I noticed the same, but that's because regrowing a NW2-> NW0 hairline is way harder than NW4+ into NW2, so they are the ones going more extreme

BRDM

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2

How do you interpret the following study? The results seem to contradict your findings, as far as I understand them.

Results: Twist1 induced DPC agglutinative growth and proliferation. Twist1 upregulated the expression of downstream target genes downstream of Tcf4, c-myc, survivin, in Tcf4-induced DPCs, as well as the expression and secretion of growth factors HGF, IGF-1, VEGF, which had the ability to induce hair follicle growth. The conditional medium from Twist1-treated DPCs increased the expression of KRT40 and MSX2 in HaCaT cells. Twist1 and Tcf4 co-localized in DPCs both in vitro and in vivo. Anti-Twist1 precipitated Tcf4 and β-catenin.

Conclusion: These results indicate that Tcf4 and Twist1 play a synergistic role in regulating the hair follicle induction ability of DPCs. Twist1 functions by forming a ternary complex with Tcf4 and β-catenin. Thus, we report new data that elucidate whether and how Twist1 regulates some biological properties of DPCs.

Also, this figure from another study shows how harmine (twist1-inhibitor) inhibits WIHN:

BRDM

My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing. From one of the studies youre referring to:

"Hence, TWIST1 up-regulation in DPCs of balding scalps compared to non-balding scalps may result in accelerated transition from anagen to catagen and thus a shortened period of anagen during the hair cycle, a phenomenon in balding scalps that leads to the formation of short vellus hairs instead of long terminal hairs."

Given we'd knock out twist1 completely, wouldn't this make the use of antiandrogens dispensable?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The ingestion of harmala seed extract may result in toxic effects; namely, visual and auditory hallucinations, locomotor ataxia, nausea, vomiting, confusion, and agitation (Frison et al., 2008). Harmine induces a fall in blood pressure, chiefly due to weakening of cardiac muscle (Bukhari et al., 2008).

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The ingestion of harmala seed extract may result in toxic effects; namely, visual and auditory hallucinations, locomotor ataxia, nausea, vomiting, confusion, and agitation (Frison et al., 2008). Harmine induces a fall in blood pressure, chiefly due to weakening of cardiac muscle (Bukhari et al., 2008).

It is also monoamine oxidase inhibitor. I have taken MAO drugs before and this needs to be emphasised strongly! You need to watch out your diet and keep away from tyramine containing foods. I had chest pain and felt like absolute shitt for hours even though I ate so little of the food I thought it wouldn’t make a difference. I don’t think I have lost weight like I did on these drugs, it’s like every food contains tyramine, can’t eat anything.

If this is the cure, fuckk this shitt. What’s the point of being NW0 while you’re a heart attack waiting to happen from any food and have to restrict your diet.

Put your enemies on MAO inhibitors and enjoy the show. Worst fuckinngg shitt ever

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah those side effects are mostly from Harmine being a psychotic/poisonous plant. Many poisonous plants produce similar side effects in humans

Not sure about how Tyramine relates to everything else tho