The Girl Of My Dreams Dumped Me...a Wake Up Call To Get On The Big 3

T

tellersquill

I have hair, it's sort of in a manu-ginobili state right now, but without a completely bald crown, that has thin/weak hairs that i'm hoping finasteride and min will turn terminal.

I'm actually going to buzz it because it looks like, to use one of the expressions i've read here, a diffused rats nest lol. This weekend I'm going to buzz the sides down to a 1/2 and the top like a 4 or 5.

Well since I just got dumped recently no I haven't.
Well my best advice to get over someone is sleep with a few people. It just works - try it. Even if they aren't super attractive.

As for the hair - see what it looks like shaved. You might like it. It does suit some people.

Also, have you tried toppik?

When I use toppik I look almost like a full head

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Well my best advice to get over someone is sleep with a few people. It just works - try it. Even if they aren't super attractive.

As for the hair - see what it looks like shaved. You might like it. It does suit some people.

Also, have you tried toppik?

When I use toppik I look almost like a full head

I haven't, may give it a go...I used to buzz my head and it looked good when I was younger, since I have a fairly angular features. But, this is when I was a thick nw1 and the hair sort of prickled upward even when buzzed, and had a nice healthly glow to it in the sunlight haha...now it is limp, with a shitty color and lifeless.

God it hurt to admit that though, here's to popping my first finasteride pill tonight :(

T

tellersquill

Just go for it man.

It didn't work for me but I didn't get bad side effects either.

Get yourself some toppik from ebay - its pretty cheap - and it works really well.

shookwun

Reaction score
I haven't, may give it a go...I used to buzz my head and it looked good when I was younger, since I have a fairly angular features. But, this is when I was a thick nw1 and the hair sort of prickled upward even when buzzed, and had a nice healthly glow to it in the sunlight haha...now it is limp, with a shitty color and lifeless.

God it hurt to admit that though, here's to popping my first finasteride pill tonight :(

Do you have the horse shoe lightening?

That's what I have. MY entire scalp up top is thin, and lighter in color compared to the back.

No surprise it's in a NW5 - horse shoe pattern. A reminder of my fate.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Do you have the horse shoe lightening?

That's what I have. MY entire scalp up top is thin, and lighter in color compared to the back.

No surprise it's in a NW5 - horse shoe pattern. A reminder of my fate.

Yeah dude I do, it was quite shocking when I realized it. Good luck I hope you're holding on strong with your regimen.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's like I always say: NEVER listen to what people say, yet ALWAYS watch what they do. Like my a couple of friends who assured that it's what's on the inside that counts, yet they both married some of the most shallow attention w****s around. On the flipside, I am sure that plenty of girls will claim that baldness does not matter, yet they do so with their NW1 boyfriend/husband waiting at home. The best was one girl that I know who posted one of those stupid motivational captions on facebook, which read something like "beautiful: it has nothing to do with looks, but instead how you are on the inside and how you make others feel about themselves". And her hiring of a professional photographer to take extremely airbrushed photos of her in lingerie (so she could post them online) really illustrated that she practices what she preaches (obviously sarcastic). The hypocrisy in the world (esp. when it comes to hair loss) is absolutely mind-blowing.

Reminds me of the conversation I had a couple weeks ago with my closest friend and his girlfriend who are both 10/10 good looking people. I said I wanted to shave my head and go out as Heisenberg from Breaking Bad for Halloween, and also because shaving my head is on my bucket list. They said I might look good with a shaved head. I laughed and said 'No, baldness doesn't look good on anyone except a select few.' They disagreed. My buddy said we all age, get old, wrinkles, lose hair, etc. And I said he should cut off his hair... since he's got the f*****g MAN BUN. His girlfriend freaked out 'No!' And he got all worried and said 'What if I cut it off and go bald?!' Yeah, because hair cuts cause baldness, lmao. Anyway, after that his girlfriend said baldness isn't a big deal and her dad went bald at a young age at around 20 years old and I said '20?! Holy crap, that's a sexual death sentence.' She got confused and said that her dad married eventually and that baldness again didnt stop him. I said fine but it's not like baldness is on a woman's 'Prince Charming List'. She didn't understand what I meant but it and said 'You know... a woman's prince charming; chiseled jaw, 6 pack abs, broad shoulders... and BALDNESS!' That's just not on the list. I asked how many bald men she's dated. The answer was ZERO. My buddy interjected that I'm fixated on looks.

That's right. The 10/10 guy with a man-bun that's dating a 10/10 girl that's also made it clear she wants to do botox at 28 years of age, both living in a city of lookism and hypergamy said I AM FIXATED ON LOOKS.

Holy-f*****g-sh*t.

T

tellersquill

I've had many conversations like that. People hate it when you point out their hypocrisy, especially when you can do it so easily.

I'm going to have some field day when the people I know who started balding get passed NW3.

A guy who often mocked me for losing my hair is getting there right now. I remember him commenting on one of my pictures with a shaved head:

"Mode cancer (in French): ON!"

Damn, I can't believe the guy actually posted that on my picture.

I may lose a few Facebook friends in the future. Payback time!

I guess they'll say I'm an insensitive a**h**. It's OK when they do it, but not the other way around.
I want to see you do it to them

shookwun

Reaction score
Most people dont realize they are attractive solely based on there hair. I never released the importance until I started loosing it myself, and wore a wig.

if you're an average person with symmetrical face, and the right hair style... you can easily be a 7/10

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people dont realize they are attractive solely based on there hair. I never released the importance until I started loosing it myself, and wore a wig.

if you're an average person with symmetrical face, and the right hair style... you can easily be a 7/10

Or higher.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happens when you're in Buck's situation where you have the Friar Tuck look going? Have a hairline but are balding every where else!

HAR HAR HAR!!!!!!!!

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I sympathize with everyone here, and despite me thinking this section of the forum is not really good for a person's mental health, I just needed to post this to let everyone know of what happened.

So actually, compared to some of the people on here, I am not justified to complain about my situation, because I could have it a lot worse. I'm 6'5, broad shouldered and overall pretty strong, have a good degree from a good school, have been told I'm handsome by many girls in the past, had girls chase me, life was good. I'm 24 by the way.

However, in the past 2 years, my hair has been decimated, and it is diffusing in a nw5 pattern. My hairline is see through, crown has rapidly faded to the point it is almost gone, and the stuff in the middle is there but diffusing too. I didn't think to get on anything, because at the time I was with a girl who loved me, and I loved her as well, and thought that it'll slow down on its own and she'll still like me for all my other positive qualities.

But, yesterday she dropped a hammer on me that she wants to end this (out of no-where, I did nothing wrong or different than what I usually did) and she went no contact on me. I pleaded to ask her what I did wrong, and she just said that she just wants to be friends, and kept her comments terse and cold.

Naturally, I was dumbfounded, but deep down, I know what the reason is. Despite being in great shape, low bf, my face has never looked better, I simply realized how big of a deal breaker this is, especially for a girl like her who is very attractive and can get pretty much any guy.

So, let this just serve as a warning to anyone in a relationship thinking that it will all be good. I just went and bought some 5% minoxidil and made a doctor's appointment to get finasteride, hopefully since my loss is recent i'll be able to make a recovery.

The moral of the story: I believed in ideals and not in reality, and it cost me. And now the girl of my dreams dumped me and I feel like sh*t, with sh*t hair to go with it. I would do anything to go back in time and start treatment early enough.
I feel your pain man. I had a girl break up with me because of opening up to her about my hair loss. This was after I had gotten a hair transplant procedure so she didn't even know that I was ever bald. It definitely sucks and it makes you realize just how important hair is to your physical appearance and happiness in life but the main lesson is to fight the hard fight and try to do something about your hair loss. Whether that's getting on propecia or getting a hair transplant.

shookwun

Reaction score
I feel your pain man. I had a girl break up with me because of opening up to her about my hair loss. This was after I had gotten a hair transplant procedure so she didn't even know that I was ever bald. It definitely sucks and it makes you realize just how important hair is to your physical appearance and happiness in life but the main lesson is to fight the hard fight and try to do something about your hair loss. Whether that's getting on propecia or getting a hair transplant.

Dont realize how sacred, and valuable hair is until these events happen.

Happiness is a state of mind. I cannot be happy when I feel, and look like sh*t.

I would gladly deduct 30,000 out of my car budget, and be able to afford a 2-3 hair transplants and live a happy life.

This is just one example of making sacrifices, and deductions and how affordable a transplant can be.

When you are in your twenties, and thirties people discriminate so badly to men who are experiencing baldness.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont realize how sacred, and valuable hair is until these events happen.

Happiness is a state of mind. I cannot be happy when I feel, and look like sh*t.

I would gladly deduct 30,000 out of my car budget, and be able to afford a 2-3 hair transplants and live a happy life.

This is just one example of making sacrifices, and deductions and how affordable a transplant can be.

When you are in your twenties, and thirties people discriminate so badly to men who are experiencing baldness.
I couldn't agree more man! I'm currently saving up for my second hair transplant to straighten out the hairline and add density to the front. MY hair in my picture looks decent but there is a lot of toppik and styling. I'm currently saving up money from my main job and working security on the weekend until I save up the 7K for the transplant. I'm getting closer but it's the sacrifice for wanting more hair which translates into a better life in a roundabout way.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more man! I'm currently saving up for my second hair transplant to straighten out the hairline and add density to the front. MY hair in my picture looks decent but there is a lot of toppik and styling. I'm currently saving up money from my main job and working security on the weekend until I save up the 7K for the transplant. I'm getting closer but it's the sacrifice for wanting more hair which translates into a better life in a roundabout way.
Cars get you from point A to point B. I honestly believe that having a good hairline is much better to overall life quality than being bald and driving a Ferrari.

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
So true @SBAmerican, having a hairline is soo vital in today's society. Today I was working and I was talking to someone, I don't think there wasn't a time that person didn't take a peak at my receding hairline. I tried to put on hat but I can't do it anymore.

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
So true @SBAmerican, having a hairline is soo vital in today's society. Today I was working and I was talking to someone, I don't think there wasn't a time that person didn't take a peak at my receding hairline. I tried to put on hat but I can't do it anymore.
Definitely man! What Norwood are you? When I got to Norwood 3, I just buzzed it, but then I ended up just growing it long to cover the huge recession.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I did nothing wrong or different than what I usually did)

She probably got tired of the same old missionary. Should have mixed it up a bit. Different positions. Some a*** here and there. Maybe even eat from time to time.

T

tellersquill

She probably got tired of the same old missionary. Should have mixed it up a bit. Different positions. Some a*** here and there. Maybe even eat from time to time.
You have to eat the pussy.

Foreplay is king.

The only exception is a naughty little quickie when you've only got a small amount of time

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
You have to eat the pussy.

Yes you do. Whether you like it or not. Even if you do it after she has worked an 8hr shift. Or after she has been dancing and sweating at the club for a few hours. You have to do what you have to do or you will lose her to somebody that will enjoy the forbidden fruit.

T

tellersquill

Yes you do. Whether you like it or not. Even if you do it after she has worked an 8hr shift. Or after she has been dancing and sweating at the club for a few hours. You have to do what you have to do or you will lose her to somebody that will enjoy the forbidden fruit.
Haha I wouldn't go that far.

Most women are super hygienic anyway.