The functional cure is already here (pics)

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
Zarev has body hair transplant results that are better than what most surgeon achieve with head hair. Just look on his instagram.

Someone posted that they went to a consultation with him, and He's got like thousands of before/after amazing results on his computer. Including some nasty cases, like one where the patient had synthetic implants which had to be removed.

Even if you need body hair to extend your donor capacity, this guy is the real deal.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree with you.

It is not as simple as you suggest to determine whether a hair-transplant will be prudent at a young age, simply based on how thick your donor hair is at that time.

Androgenetic Alopecia is a progressive condition with an often hard to predict progression and timeline.

And contrary to what the Norwood-Hamilton scale suggests, the majority of men who start losing their hair at a relatively young age, will eventually experience thinning and recession in the occipital region and the nape (in other words the donor hair).

I think those best suited for a hair transplant are unfortunately late-life balders. Ironically they are the men who deserve it the least, because they had a full head of hair in their youth.

For early-balders, a hair transplant can still be very successful, if you are lucky in having robust donor hair, or if you find a surgeon who can utilise beard, armpit, pubic, and even leg hair.

In fact I think the use of non-scalp hair for a hair transplant is perhaps the single most important resource all balding men have.

This non-scalp hair is much more robust than scalp donor hair is, it is not sensitive to DHT, it is unlikely to atrophy or even grey like scalp hair will, and we have abundant supply of such hair on areas on our body that will not miss it if it goes.
Actually I think we mostly agree. I didn't say it was 100% certainly if you have very thick donor hair as opposed to a guy who already had severe thinning and never had really thick or coarse hair to start with. But chances are much better they wont look like that guy in the picture without transplant.

As for late balders deserving it the least. That is not fair. This is most likely your youth talking. Trust me unless you get fat and let yourself go by say 50. You will indeed still be full of life, youthful feeling and want to continue to look good. Maybe not as much as a teen trying to get attention but you will still want a decent look.

Reactions: 300

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As for late balders deserving it the least. That is not fair.

Yes, I agree. Please accept my apology.

I guess I feel envious because I started losing my hair at 15, so never got to enjoy any adolescent or adult life with hair.

But my loss is no more or less important than anyone else.

My apology again

Reactions: Dar

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It's not that people suddenly stop caring at 50, it's that if you lose your hair in your 20s and 30s and still care at 50, then the hair wasn't the problem. I don't care what it is, 20-30 years is enough time to find healthy ways to get over something.

If people have hair their entire lives but start going bald at 50, some of them are going care as if they were 20. They just lived 50 years with hair. That being said, many guys deal with being bald a lot better then others. I know several bald guys in their 20s that handled it just fine and have normal social lives, girls/fiancés/wives. Not everyone carries the same mental burden from losing their hair, whether 20 or 50.
Very well said. This is very true if you have been told your whole life you have great hair and then you don't anymore.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I guess I feel envious because I started losing my hair at 15, so never got to enjoy any adolescent or adult life with hair.

My apology again
50 years old today is like being 30 years old in 1980

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the kind of example I'm talking about
This guy is what? Maybe early 60's? Think if he had gotten a transplant at 25 what his head would look like now. This is the exact reason why hair transplant should be thought through better at a young age. That said....a person should be able to reasonably tell even when they are young if they can get it done. If a person has had thin hair all their lives its probably best to wait. It they had crazy thick hair chances are they will not look like the guy in that picture in the future and could probably take a chance on a hair transplant a bit earlier.

I fall into a middle category. Never had super thick hair or thin hair. If I get a hair transplant now I should have decent coverage until old age but nothing spectacular...
This is actually the opposite of the example you are trying to make. If you're going to look like that at 60 regardless, you might as well get the FUE hair transplant and enjoy a few more decent years of hair, because what does donor management matter if that's your final outcome? It's a stupid way to look at it, but no one in their 30s who gets a hair transplant should expect to look good 30 years later with today's technology. I don't care if transplants are permanent or not, everyone except the top 1% hair genetics will experience thinning into their 60-70s, even the NW0s.

If I were to get a hair transplant, I'd do so banking on the fact that better technology has to bail me out later in life. Whether that be a pharmacological growth or cloning, we cannot expect good hair for life from transplants and current drugs.

I also think that with the pace of science right now, you'd be a fool to not get a good hair transplant if you're not already too far gone and hairloss is affecting your life to the point of depression/crippling social anxiety. The bitter people on these forums would rather quote the last 30 years of failure rather then realize that the next 3-5~ years will be more substantial then probably the previous 30~ when it comes to speed of innovation and discovery, especially when it comes to hairloss as the eastern countries like China, SK, India & Japan all start to realize the profit potential.

Last edited:

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
really? how can that be?
Better environmental practices (understanding movement of toxicants in our environment, and their accumulation and damage on us)

Advancement of allopathic and osteopathic medicine to diagnose and treat diseasss early in their development

more workers rights (safety in factories etc..)

Access to PPE (soap , water , sanitizer )

vaccines

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Better environmental practices (understanding movement of toxicants in our environment, and their accumulation and damage on us)

Advancement of allopathic and osteopathic medicine to diagnose and treat diseasss early in their development

more workers rights (safety in factories etc..)

Access to PPE (soap , water , sanitizer )

vaccines
cells reprogramming will be very helpfull

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I look better now in my 40's than I did in my 20's (feel better too).

Been holding pretty strong since noticing recession at around 24 and jumping on finasteride & minoxidil but it's starting to creep a little further back than I'd like so if the products from these group buys don't work I'll be looking at getting a hair transplant.

Stay in good shape, take care of your skin, do what you can to slow hairloss.

Reactions: Dar

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I look better now in my 40's than I did in my 20's (feel better too).

Been holding pretty strong since noticing recession at around 24 and jumping on finasteride & minoxidil but it's starting to creep a little further back than I'd like so if the products from these group buys don't work I'll be looking at getting a hair transplant.

Stay in good shape, take care of your skin, do what you can to slow hairloss.
you look better but you are 40 years old not 20 and nothing will change that

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, i meant synthetic hair

What are people’s views in synthetic hair today.

There are obvious problems given that they could cause inflammation and will break off within a few years, but other than that has anyone had a positive experience with them on this forum?

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score

My apology again

No need to apoligize at all. I get that you are frustrated. If I had lost much of my hair at a young age I would have been furious I'm sure. Plus I have ears that stick out and a small thin head. So shaving it would not have been an option. But you know if I had a nice shaped head with ears that layed against my head.....i think I would love shaving my head. It would feel cleaner and no worry about hair getting greasy and in my face...

Hang in there and realize that most people will never judge you on it. Stay neat, healthy and positive and you will be fine....

Last edited:

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
you look better but you are 40 years old not 20 and nothing will change that
Haha....where did he even elude to that??? Of course nothing can change that. Of course one has 20 less years to live at that age. But why cant people feel great at an older age. I feel better than I have in 20 years. Eat well, exercise and have very low body fat. I FEEL GREAT...but I also know that i have less years ahead than behind.

Reactions: 300