The functional cure is already here (pics)

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"The value of looking better is decresing as you get older".ITS NOT LIKE THAT.its a matter of perspective but make sure you make the right decision

Would you rather look good in your 20s or your 70s? Pick one.

We all know the answer. Because the fact is, being attractive is more valuable during youth. It has more power to improve your life in the earlier stages. That's all I'm saying.

If you care enough to spend time on baldness forums (at any age) then you probably won't ever stop wanting hair. That's personal preference. You're entitled to it.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

We all know the answer. Because the fact is, being attractive is more valuable during youth. It has more power to improve your life in the earlier stages. That's all I'm saying.

If you care enough to spend time on baldness forums (at any age) then you probably won't ever stop wanting hair. That's personal preference. You're entitled to it.
and this is not even taking into account thwt by the time you hit 50-60 there will definitely be a new treatment that can either treat your scarring or hair cloning or some sh*t. the trend cant always continue like tgis espwcially with innovation in genetic therapies, sure hair loss is not intefesting for most researcheds but keep in mind minoxidil and finasteride where also found by accident. so thats bound to happen again at some point i guess.

kind of crazy that there has never been a treatment as a product of research into the condition itself, only by products

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score

No one's saying you dont want it more at a young age OR dont stop caring. But if it's just beginning at a young age and takes say 20 years to get noticeable really bad...Why would one want it early?? Doesnt make sense. I have seen 20 something's come here worried about a little but of thinning wondering if they should have a hair transplant. Thinning that could be easily rectified with a little bit of topix. It best to wait in most cases imo..

Last edited:
Reactions: 300

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
and this is not even taking into account thwt by the time you hit 50-60 there will definitely be a new treatment that can either treat your scarring or hair cloning or some sh*t. the trend cant always continue like tgis espwcially with innovation in genetic therapies, sure hair loss is not intefesting for most researcheds but keep in mind minoxidil and finasteride where also found by accident. so thats bound to happen again at some point i guess.

kind of crazy that there has never been a treatment as a product of research into the condition itself, only by products

I thought the same thing 15-20 years ago. Look at all the posts here from that time. It's like a mirror image of today. When I was 20. About 6 years before the internet went live. I read in USAToday that a cure was coming in 5 to 10 years. I was thinking
... Great. Never happened of course. It's easy to think at 20 years old that 50 is a long way off and SURELY there will be big advancements in 30 years. But in reality 30 years is not that long a time when it concerns medical research.....

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one's saying you dont want it more at a young age OR dont stop caring. But if it's just beginning at a young age and takes say 20 years to get noticeable really bad...Why would one want it early?? Doesnt make sense. I have seen 20 something's come here worried about a little but of thinning wondering if they should have a hair transplant. Thinning that could be easily rectified with a little bit of topix. Its most best to wait imo..

I thought the same thing 15-20 years ago. Look at all the posts here from that time. It's like a mirror image of today. When I was 20. About 6 years before the internet went live. I read in USAToday that a cure was coming in 5 to 10 years. I was thinking
... Great. Never happened of course. It's easy to think at 20 years old that 50 is a long way off and SURELY there will be big advancements in 30 years. But in reality 30 years is not that long a time when it concerns medical research.....

ehhh maybe your problem is that you read too many usatoday articles and too little of the actual research? i mean what is this sentiment, science never makes any progress because it hasnt totally solved it in the past? you have to be extremely lazy if you dont think science has progress insane amounts in the last 30 years. lol like, are you for real? it just turns out that the saying "the more you know the more you understand how little you knew" is not just applicable to the individual but society as a whole. its easy to claim you can cure something before you even understand enough of it to realize how complicated it actually is. i dont believe in singularity and that things are expontentially accelerating or any of that sh*t but it is definitely true that technological advances make thinfs possible that we could have only dreamed of and i am not even talking about crispr or stem cell reseadch which was not a thing in the 90ties at all, computers werent a thing in biomedical research either and with conditions like this you have so many pathways involved its very hsrd to model without computing.

personally i think its ridiculous to look at the pqst and extrapolate into the future especially because the oast was just fueled by unrealistic expectations by money hungry pseudo scientific journalists. how many times have we cured csncer or hiv based on these articles? and yet insane progress has been made

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn that's brutal....

But atleast transplants are much better compared to the 90's
that is not brutal just dumb. if you look at the proposed cures from 2000 we know look at them knowing it could have never worked out. now we know what needs to happen for things to work and the real limitation is the funding. thats very different from past days where fubdamentally their approaches were just flawed

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You going to deny hairloss science has been under funded for decades now? Yes science improved and we know more about hairloss but fck, we would've had better treatments 10 years ago if this business would be taken seriously.
Alas, with "if" we could make Paris fit inside a bottle.
We're suffering from the sins of our father who tried to pretend they didn't care or refused to voice their desire for hairs and good treatments.
From the disinformation of many guy who think they can just get a transplant when it's too late and the pharmaceutical company who probably considered the market locked up after fina and minoxidil.

Thankfully, the superficiality of eastern societies might be our saving grace.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the fact that male appearance is now more importsnt than ever is helping us a lot. even the last idiot company is picking up on it at some point. the day cant come soon enough when all the young guys lured into getting a hair transplant in turkey as the perfect solution without any maintenance drugs will lose rheir hair and look like hot garbage, this hair transplant has grown most in recent years unfairly so because they are not able to deliver on their promises they just dont tell you that up front. and at some point they will figure that out. the vanity of modern society might be the needed driver in hair loss science. and no, i will not claim hair loss science has not been heavily under funded in fact its hard to think of a branch of medicine with more pathetic progress. i think progress will come as a byproduct of achievements in other areas much like minoxidil and finasteride where not found after research in hair biology but prostate and blood pressure issues. for exampoe hsir cloning wilk eventually be a thing just for the fact alone that regenerative medicine is urgently needed and hair follicles are the easiest organs to clone and experiment on. thats also why tsuji is doing research there, not becsuse he is a smart businesman that wants to cure hsir loss but because it is a decent model for regenerative medicine as a whole. think how many people die due to preventable deaths because organs arent donated or they suffocate to a life on immune suppressants.. there is an incresible opportunity and hair regeneration will be achieved along the way

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the fact that male appearance is now more importsnt than ever is helping us a lot. even the last idiot company is picking up on it at some point. the day cant come soon enough when all the young guys lured into getting a hair transplant in turkey as the perfect solution without any maintenance drugs will lose rheir hair and look like hot garbage, this hair transplant has grown most in recent years unfairly so because they are not able to deliver on their promises they just dont tell you that up front. and at some point they will figure that out. the vanity of modern society might be the needed driver in hair loss science. and no, i will not claim hair loss science has not been heavily under funded in fact its hard to think of a branch of medicine with more pathetic progress. i think progress will come as a byproduct of achievements in other areas much like minoxidil and finasteride where not found after research in hair biology but prostate and blood pressure issues. for exampoe hsir cloning wilk eventually be a thing just for the fact alone that regenerative medicine is urgently needed and hair follicles are the easiest organs to clone and experiment on. thats also why tsuji is doing research there, not becsuse he is a smart businesman that wants to cure hsir loss but because it is a decent model for regenerative medicine as a whole. think how many people die due to preventable deaths because organs arent donated or they suffocate to a life on immune suppressants.. there is an incresible opportunity and hair regeneration will be achieved along the way
That was my point.This is a highly unregulated industry.There is no way an ethical doctor to perform a hair transplant on a 20 year old,with a NW4,but it happens all the time

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that is not brutal just dumb. if you look at the proposed cures from 2000 we know look at them knowing it could have never worked out. now we know what needs to happen for things to work and the real limitation is the funding. thats very different from past days where fubdamentally their approaches were just flawed
How are you sure that the current trials will give a positive result? until you have treatment at the clinic, you have nothing,

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Zarev shows that it is still possible to accomplish a lot more with hair transplantation.

I wish that breakthrough research was not just focusing on extremely complex cell based therapies but also in ways to improve the tools used in hair transplantion.

The arthas robot sucked, but the idea was interesting...

I think technology should focus in smaller punches, precise maximization of donor area, mixing body hair with head hair to amplify donor potential without compromising results.

Now its all guess work depending on the surgeon ability. Hair transplantation could offer much more than it does.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Over the last 30 years, we balding men have done ourselves more harm than good by staying quiet about the Finasteride side effect problem.

The pharma industry believes they already licked the loss prevention problem 30 years ago. They think we just don't care enough about loss prevention to bother to pay for it. That's what their data is telling them.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Zarev shows that it is still possible to accomplish a lot more with hair transplantation.

I wish that breakthrough research was not just focusing on extremely complex cell based therapies but also in ways to improve the tools used in hair transplantion.

The arthas robot sucked, but the idea was interesting...

I think technology should focus in smaller punches, precise maximization of donor area, mixing body hair with head hair to amplify donor potential without compromising results.

Now its all guess work depending on the surgeon ability. Hair transplantation could offer much more than it does.
He also show the best canadit , i want to see how he take nw7 patient with avergae donor zone

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He also show the best canadit , i want to see how he take nw7 patient with avergae donor zone
The guy I posted is FAR from his best patients

He was bald as an egg and got that transformation with just 7k grafts. That’s the point of this thread. Most people has 7k in the bank to use, therefore a cosmetic cure is reachable to most people under Dr Zarev

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
ehhh maybe your problem is that you read too many usatoday articles and too little of the actual research? i mean what is this sentiment, science never makes any progress because it hasnt totally solved it in the past? you have to be extremely lazy if you dont think science has progress insane amounts in the last 30 years. lol like, are you for real? it just turns out that the saying "the more you know the more you understand how little you knew" is not just applicable to the individual but society as a whole. its easy to claim you can cure something before you even understand enough of it to realize how complicated it actually is. i dont believe in singularity and that things are expontentially accelerating or any of that sh*t but it is definitely true that technological advances make thinfs possible that we could have only dreamed of and i am not even talking about crispr or stem cell reseadch which was not a thing in the 90ties at all, computers werent a thing in biomedical research either and with conditions like this you have so many pathways involved its very hsrd to model without computing.

personally i think its ridiculous to look at the pqst and extrapolate into the future especially because the oast was just fueled by unrealistic expectations by money hungry pseudo scientific journalists. how many times have we cured csncer or hiv based on these articles? and yet insane progress has been made
Yeah I get that. I am also well aware of what CAN be done. But for example ..
I have been hearing about stem cells for hair loss since at least 2001 or 2002....and STILL nothing...

lotnagiv

My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy I posted is FAR from his best patients

He was bald as an egg and got that transformation with just 7k grafts. That’s the point of this thread. Most people has 7k in the bank to use, therefore a cosmetic cure is reachable to most people under Dr Zarev

But still this patient donor has great density and looks really strong.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7k grafts is only a common amount of donor supply on the forums. Many high Norwoods look moth-eaten after the first couple thousand grafts.

Does this guy in the pic have 7000 extra grafts in the back to pull out?
Does he even have 3000?

Is it really unusual to see this amount of hair loss in real life? He's not even a Norwood#7.
-an-older-bald-guy-looking-to-right-into-copyspace.jpg

Zarev does great work on absolutely ideal candidates.

Saying that a good-looking Zarev result is not even his best, is like saying "this Ferrari isn't even the fastest one at the dealership."

Last edited:

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
7k grafts is only a common amount of donor supply on the forums. Many high Norwoods look moth-eaten after the first couple thousand grafts.

Does this guy in the pic have 7000 extra grafts in the back to pull out?
Does he even have 3000?

Is it really unusual to see this amount of hair loss in real life? He's not even a Norwood#7.
View attachment 170916

Zarev does great work on absolutely ideal candidates.

Saying that a good-looking Zarev result is not even his best, is like saying "this Ferrari isn't even the fastest one at the dealership."

This is the kind of example I'm talking about
This guy is what? Maybe early 60's? Think if he had gotten a transplant at 25 what his head would look like now. This is the exact reason why hair transplant should be thought through better at a young age. That said....a person should be able to reasonably tell even when they are young if they can get it done. If a person has had thin hair all their lives its probably best to wait. It they had crazy thick hair chances are they will not look like the guy in that picture in the future and could probably take a chance on a hair transplant a bit earlier.

I fall into a middle category. Never had super thick hair or thin hair. If I get a hair transplant now I should have decent coverage until old age but nothing spectacular...

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the kind of example I'm talking about
This guy is what? Maybe early 60's? Think if he had gotten a transplant at 25 what his head would look like now. This is the exact reason why hair transplant should be thought through better at a young age. That said....a person should be able to reasonably tell even when they are young if they can get it done. If a person has had thin hair all their lives its probably best to wait. It they had crazy thick hair chances are they will not look like the guy in that picture in the future and could probably take a chance on a hair transplant a bit earlier.

I fall into a middle category. Never had super thick hair or thin hair. If I get a hair transplant now I should have decent coverage until old age but nothing spectacular...

I disagree with you.

It is not as simple as you suggest to determine whether a hair-transplant will be prudent at a young age, simply based on how thick your donor hair is at that time.

Androgenetic Alopecia is a progressive condition with an often hard to predict progression and timeline.

And contrary to what the Norwood-Hamilton scale suggests, the majority of men who start losing their hair at a relatively young age, will eventually experience thinning and recession in the occipital region and the nape (in other words the donor hair).

I think those best suited for a hair transplant are unfortunately late-life balders. Ironically they are the men who deserve it the least, because they had a full head of hair in their youth.

For early-balders, a hair transplant can still be very successful, if you are lucky in having robust donor hair, or if you find a surgeon who can utilise beard, armpit, pubic, and even leg hair.

In fact I think the use of non-scalp hair for a hair transplant is perhaps the single most important resource all balding men have.

This non-scalp hair is much more robust than scalp donor hair is, it is not sensitive to DHT, it is unlikely to atrophy or even grey like scalp hair will, and we have abundant supply of such hair on areas on our body that will not miss it if it goes.