The Drug Hydralizine Has Been Shown To Be Superior To Minoxidil In Promoting Rapid Hair Growth

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something slightly better than minoxidil would not be awful, but this looks to be years away at best.

RobertDi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do we get it? Can non-responders to minoxidil be good responders to this?

The drug Hydralazine is available in tablet form, but they are using a topical solution.
And i don't think they only have Hydralazine in it but also some other stuff.
That's just what i'm thinking.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my country i can ask for it in a pharmacy.
It's in tablets. We have to find out dosage to make a topical. Who knows if it will work either for good responders. I think i will give it a try anway.
Yeah I would definitely too. Don't want to make my own topical though, but don't want to wait for them to go through the FDA approval process.....

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
But why would high blood pressure cause hairloss??? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??
giphy.gif

I don't know, and personally I benefit from minoxidil in spite of a blood pressure being 110/70.

There is evidence that hair loss is part of metabolic syndrome (high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, low HDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, etc) but it's not conclusive.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like @Afro_Vacancy said nobody knows but the leading theory is that if you make blood pressure rise, some of the DHT molecules start having heart palpitations and heart attacks. So the other DHT get scared and stay away from the hair for a whole fiscal year. But after a year, the population of DHT as a whole becomes unrestful, these estrogens are taking over their jobs in the scalp hair region. The economy is not so good, and meanwhile the national testosterone level debt is increasing as testosterone is running out. They needed change. They need resources. They need war. After reelection, new leaders rise to power and immediately use the federal 5AR reserve to print lots of 5AR to stimulate the minituization economy, lower DHT unemployment, and get the population as a whole back on track to reworking the scalp infrastructure.

I hope that answers your question but take it with a grain of salt ok? Research is ongoing.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

High blood pressure could make it hard for blood to circulate to the scalp, therefore impeding growth. Minoxidil was originally a blood pressure medication after all. Also, high blood pressure is correlated with stress and high cortisol, levels, which have been implicated in stress, which can exacerbate hair falling out. That is just my bro-science theory though.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is this a legit company @Afro_Vacancy ?

We focus a lot on the androgen side of things but a better growth stimulant would be more than welcome. How can we get our hands on this sh*t?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is this a legit company @Afro_Vacancy ?

We focus a lot on the androgen side of things but a better growth stimulant would be more than welcome. How can we get our hands on this sh*t?

I don't know.
They do have a professional-looking website :)
http://www.rophepharma.com/index.php
Though they're small since they don't even have a wikipedia page lol.

They're developing three products:
http://www.rophepharma.com/products.php

I stand by my assessment above, best-case scenario is a superior minoxidil a few years down the line. They need to go through a lot of trials first, and they need to get funding.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know.
They do have a professional-looking website :)
http://www.rophepharma.com/index.php
Though they're small since they don't even have a wikipedia page lol.

They're developing three products:
http://www.rophepharma.com/products.php

I stand by my assessment above, best-case scenario is a superior minoxidil a few years down the line. They need to go through a lot of trials first, and they need to get funding.

Yeah I googled them and saw no Wikipedia page, the first thing to make my hopes to drop some lol

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
High blood pressure could make it hard for blood to circulate to the scalp, therefore impeding growth. Minoxidil was originally a blood pressure medication after all. Also, high blood pressure is correlated with stress and high cortisol, levels, which have been implicated in stress, which can exacerbate hair falling out. That is just my bro-science theory though.

I think I read somewhere that minoxidil has an effect somewhere along the prostaglandin chain.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't they saying now that Minoxidil works on hair via some other method besides VD?

I've been using minoxidil for my VD for years!! You're saying there is something else?