The best hair thickening shampoos

Cassin

Reaction score
G

$14 doesn't really seem like a lot. I was expecting like $25 with the way you said it.

The Redken I used to use was like $12 for a 10 oz bottle, so the Aveda isn't THAT much more expensive.

Cassin

Reaction score
JayMan said:
$14 doesn't really seem like a lot. I was expecting like $25 with the way you said it.

The Redken I used to use was like $12 for a 10 oz bottle, so the Aveda isn't THAT much more expensive.

Anyone who is willing to spend more than $7 on shampoo is quite insane. :lol:

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I want to keep using the L'oreal and Jason products I have for now, maybe try something else down the line.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Any of you try those Toppik or Couvre shampoo/conditioner hair thickening product line?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Including the nizoral, I have four shampoos right now. :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Like my friend MORK from Ork, I love the Nano Nano shampoo from my friend Dr Proctor. The conditioner is nice too. :lol:

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used my American Crew for the first time in a while, no likee. I had to use some gel because my hair looked dry and frizzy for some reason. I'm still a big L'Oreal Vive fan, always looks the best. I used Jason TtoT for a week while travelling and it was just okay.

feenix101

Reaction score
I'm a L'Oreal Vive fan also, i've used a couple other thickners, (thick Fuller hair, and a grocery store generic brand) and vive has the best results for me, for the first couple weeks though i was using a non-thickening conditioner with it and so i didn't relize the full effects of Vive until I used it on it's own. Once i did i was really impressed! great stuff i must say.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe a lessened libido, though I can't say for sure since in the last four years I have gotten married, had a child, been busier at work than I have ever been, and the wifee is pregnant again and due in April...

I added Horny Goat Weed (http://www.vitacost.com) and it seemed to bring it back up.

I'd also say that I get very little exercise due to lack of time, and I generally have more energy when I am exercising 3-4 times a week.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey Cassin i have a few questions about the aveda shampoo
1.how many precent thickening do you think it can give?
2.do you think it could make a visable scalp to stop showing?
3.would it make any difference on a short hair,i know that the longer the hair would be the more there isa to thicken thus better results but would it have any effect what so ever if my hair was lets say 1 cm long or maybe 2cm
thx

Cassin

Reaction score
hellocowboy said:
How often do you use either the Aveda or Diametress?

I use either when I think about it too be honest, I don't rotate them.. I suggest using one or the other solely. And when you first use it, just use nothing but that for a week or two. Not even Nizoral. Let your scalp get used to it.

When my Diametress runs out I am going back to aveda full time. Its more expensive and Diametress is fine, but aveda is simply amazing...at least for my hair type. Looks in your girl friends or sisters magazine and they talk about aveda all the time.

roki said:
hey Cassin i have a few questions about the aveda shampoo
1.how many precent thickening do you think it can give?

Ah man I don't know. Tough questions. I just know my hair looks healthier, fuller and thicker. Too hard to put down a number.

roki said:
2.do you think it could make a visable scalp to stop showing?

Relative. In my situation, it helps a lot.

roki said:
3.would it make any difference on a short hair,i know that the longer the hair would be the more there isa to thicken thus better results but would it have any effect what so ever if my hair was lets say 1 cm long or maybe 2cm

My sides and back are shaved with a 3 guard and my top is about 1 inch long. So yes. :)

This is what my hair looks like but a little shorter.

200px-Rogan.jpg

G

I liked the OLD formulation of Jason's Thin To Thick (back when it was THICKENING Shampoo and not this new "Volumizing" crap that has water instead of the Sea Kelp as the #1 ingredient).

So I don't think I will really have room for a "thickening shampoo" so to say as I will be just rotating NANO with Nizoral, and then NANO and REVITA once I get the Revita stuff.

These are indirectly thickening shampoos anyways since they help hairs grow! :)

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll order some soon, I can tell the difference between shampoos pretty easily. I will also be able to tell folks I have a half-dozen shampoos.... pretty cool.

CCS

Reaction score
the aveda line of products is all natural.