Temple regrowth - minoxidil/Retin-A/Stemoxydine/alfatradiol 4 Months in

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
@mr_robot what % peppermint oil are you using at the moment man?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@mr_robot what % peppermint oil are you using at the moment man?

Roughly 5%, although I have used less and more in the past. It seems that your skin builds up a tolerance over time, however my crown area was always dead in that I can put undilitued PO and not feel a thing from it. It's also an area which has had the least response to minoxidil, I'm pretty sure the two are linked but not sure why although I suspect it may be due to seborrheic dermatitis clogging the follicles.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is getting lower but hair thinner ?

My hair line lowered slightly and thickened a lot of my little baby hairs on hair line turned terminal and now are lie 3 or 4 inches and growing. BUT I have some spots on scalp that stayed thinned. The thickened hair line helps me hide it though.
But I am biological woman..(not man not trans) so maybe for bio-women its normal for hair line to thicken up.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hairline is getting lower but hair thinner ?

After a year, my hairline has n't lowered after the initial gains. Generally my forelock thickened significantly however I'd say half of those gains have gone. I may just be that the hairs have shed and will be back in a few months, this is minoxidil at the end of the day.

Mans

My Regimen
Reaction score
@mr_robot, You are truly an inspiration for novices like myself. I have decided to try your regimen, posted on the first page before conceding to RU.
  • I am already applying Regaine 5% twice daily so that stays the same.
  • Will shortly order Pantostin from the following German website. I will be grateful if you could please confirm if this is the right product, how much & how often were you using it? versandapo.de/article/details/8666810?csrfKey=-43-98-538695-68-1287210569-11563-9735121-5636-6832-10&name=Pantostin&lastActionId=5
  • Garnier Fructis Stemoxydine from Ebay. ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Original-Stemoxydine-Neogenic-Hair-Loss-2x-Pack-Garnier-Fructis-Grow-Strong-/272643759506
  • Retin-A or A-Ret (Gel 0.1% Tretinoin) from US. unitedpharmacies-uk.md
  • And lastly, Peppermint oil, which is readily available.
I will apply Minoxidil in the morning as usual. And perhaps Pantostin in the afternoon, although not sure of the quantity or application method yet? Will appreciate your comment. At night after having applied Minoxidil and waited for a few minutes, I will apply 6 ml from the mixture made of: 5 grams Tretinoin (gel), 84 ml Stemoxydine and 28 drops of peppermint oil.

Hopefully, it will all go as planned. Will update with results, if any. :)

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@mr_robot, You are truly an inspiration for novices like myself. I have decided to try your regimen, posted on the first page before conceding to RU.
  • I am already applying Regaine 5% twice daily so that stays the same.
  • Will shortly order Pantostin from the following German website. I will be grateful if you could please confirm if this is the right product, how much & how often were you using it? versandapo.de/article/details/8666810?csrfKey=-43-98-538695-68-1287210569-11563-9735121-5636-6832-10&name=Pantostin&lastActionId=5
  • Garnier Fructis Stemoxydine from Ebay. ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Original-Stemoxydine-Neogenic-Hair-Loss-2x-Pack-Garnier-Fructis-Grow-Strong-/272643759506
  • Retin-A or A-Ret (Gel 0.1% Tretinoin) from US. unitedpharmacies-uk.md
  • And lastly, Peppermint oil, which is readily available.
I will apply Minoxidil in the morning as usual. And perhaps Pantostin in the afternoon, although not sure of the quantity or application method yet? Will appreciate your comment. At night after having applied Minoxidil and waited for a few minutes, I will apply 6 ml from the mixture made of: 5 grams Tretinoin (gel), 84 ml Stemoxydine and 28 drops of peppermint oil.

Hopefully, it will all go as planned. Will update with results, if any. :)

Hi, products look okay but not sure about if they are the best value for money.

I suggest you start off with smaller quantities of both Tretinoin and Peppermint oil and see how your scalp reacts as the amount of absorption differs between people. I've also come to the conclusion that there may be a point where too much peppermint oil may do more harm than good and I'm trying smaller quantities.

The Pantostin has it's own applicator which makes applying the 3ml quiet easily. I have been trying S-Equol as an alternative to Alfatradiol (Pantostin) for nearly a year now and am coming to the conclusion that it it's not doing much for me and in the future will be trying to obtain the raw Alfatradiol applied at higher does than the 0.25mg/ml in Pantostin.

Good luck.

Mans

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, products look okay but not sure about if they are the best value for money.

I suggest you start off with smaller quantities of both Tretinoin and Peppermint oil and see how your scalp reacts as the amount of absorption differs between people. I've also come to the conclusion that there may be a point where too much peppermint oil may do more harm than good and I'm trying smaller quantities.

The Pantostin has it's own applicator which makes applying the 3ml quiet easily. I have been trying S-Equol as an alternative to Alfatradiol (Pantostin) for nearly a year now and am coming to the conclusion that it it's not doing much for me and in the future will be trying to obtain the raw Alfatradiol applied at higher does than the 0.25mg/ml in Pantostin.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and the advice, mr_robot.

I will start with smaller quantities to test the waters and see how it goes.

Re Pantostin, I am assuming the required daily dose is 3ml. Just spray/apply 3ml with the applicator and you are good to go? Also, is there a reason you chose the alternative i.e. S-Equol over Alfatradiol. Is S-Equol more effective, in your opinion?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the advice, mr_robot.

I will start with smaller quantities to test the waters and see how it goes.

Re Pantostin, I am assuming the required daily dose is 3ml. Just spray/apply 3ml with the applicator and you are good to go? Also, is there a reason you chose the alternative i.e. S-Equol over Alfatradiol. Is S-Equol more effective, in your opinion?

There is an applicator that attaches to the bottle, it allows you to fill it 3ml and then apply it easily over your scalp.

Alfatradiol and S-Equol work differently, one inhibits 5ar to stop T becoming the more potent DHT and the other deforms the DHT so that it cant attach to the androgen receptor. In theory S-Equol should be better but it may not be the case, or it could be that I am not extracting enough of it. Either way neither will make your hair grow back so it's a bit difficult to judge effectiveness.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've also come to the conclusion that there may be a point where too much peppermint oil may do more harm than good and I'm trying smaller quantities.

Are you still using 5%?

I've been using about 4% peppermint oil myself (2.5ml mixed in bottle of liquid minoxidil)

Mans

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, Mr_Robot and please do keep us updated as the information that you share is most valuable to us all here. :)

Were you using the Minoxidil before applying the Stemoxydine mixture and were you keeping the mixture on scalp overnight? Or were you just washing the hair after a few minutes of application before Minoxidil application?

On another note, can you recommend a shampoo to use on a daily basis please? Or perhaps let us know the name of the shampoo that you were using at the time you had all that growth?

Since, I will be using the Stemoxydine mixture on almost a daily basis, I will have to rinse my hair with shampoo before going to work in the morning, which I don't normally do as I just wash my hair without shampooing and only shampoo 2-3 times/week with Nizoral/Revita.

Last edited:

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you still using 5%?

I've been using about 4% peppermint oil myself (2.5ml mixed in bottle of liquid minoxidil)

No as I've basically had a scalp peel and removed a whole load of crap of my crown and vertex. It really depends on the absorption of your scalp. Also I'm thinking it make have a negative effect if you use too much.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Mr_Robot and please do keep us updated as the information that you share is most valuable to us all here. :)

Were you using the Minoxidil before applying the Stemoxydine mixture and were you keeping the mixture on scalp overnight? Or were you just washing the hair after a few minutes of application before Minoxidil application?

On another note, can you recommend a shampoo to use on a daily basis please? Or perhaps let us know the name of the shampoo that you were using at the time you had all that growth?

Since, I will be using the Stemoxydine mixture on almost a daily basis, I will have to rinse my hair with shampoo before going to work in the morning, which I don't normally do as I just wash my hair without shampooing and only shampoo 2-3 times/week with Nizoral/Revita.

The original scheme was:

1ml minoxidil in the morning

Wash hair in the evening and apply 2ml minoxidil and then stemoxydine/po/tret.

One hour before sleeping, pantostin which evaporates very quickly due to the isopropyl alcohol.

I've never had any issues with leaving stuff on my head. I use mainly neutragena t-gel for greasy hair every day although I doubt what you use makes any difference.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
No as I've basically had a scalp peel and removed a whole load of crap of my crown and vertex. It really depends on the absorption of your scalp. Also I'm thinking it make have a negative effect if you use too much.

What kind of negative effect do you think too much of it causes? I was under the impression you credited peppermint oil for the majority of your success

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What kind of negative effect do you think too much of it causes? I was under the impression you credited peppermint oil for the majority of your success

It is antiangiogenic which restricts new blood vessel growth. I got the extra boost once I started PO, Stemoxydyne and Tretinoin and is most likely synergistic than just PO. There is nothing in PO that can cause hair growth.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Already begun?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Additional information for people interested in this regarding Peppermint Oil and Tretinoin.

I have been using 2 drops per day peppermint oil, i.e. 14 drops per 84ml bottle for the last month or so.

I have have also reduced tretinoin to ~1gram and am now alternating one week on, one week off.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Additional information for people interested in this regarding Peppermint Oil and Tretinoin.

I have been using 2 drops per day peppermint oil, i.e. 14 drops per 84ml bottle for the last month or so.

I have have also reduced tretinoin to ~1gram and am now alternating one week on, one week off.
I am starting in june with duta + ru + minoxidil regimen, plus i want add your winning combi 5 minutes after this. Its still stemox + peppermint and tretinoin?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hi mr_robot, can you help me out a bit with my last try at slowing down my hairloss. I am making an new regimen and thread and your combi is something i wanna add.

I want to try dutasateride and a topical mix of ru(200mg) per 2ML, minoxidil and azelaic azid. After this i want to apply your topical mix. I hope you can help me out a bit and answer some questions:

- the combi of stemox, peppermint oil and tretinoin is something you add 5 minutes after you apply your first topical (minoxidil?)?

- with 1 application you apply 2 drops PO in 6ml stemox? So with one bottle Garnier you do 7 days?

- how much is 1 drop in ML?

- how do you apply tretinoin?

- how much does this combination cost you per month?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi mr_robot, can you help me out a bit with my last try at slowing down my hairloss. I am making an new regimen and thread and your combi is something i wanna add.

I want to try dutasateride and a topical mix of ru(200mg) per 2ML, minoxidil and azelaic azid. After this i want to apply your topical mix. I hope you can help me out a bit and answer some questions:

- the combi of stemox, peppermint oil and tretinoin is something you add 5 minutes after you apply your first topical (minoxidil?)?

- with 1 application you apply 2 drops PO in 6ml stemox? So with one bottle Garnier you do 7 days?

- how much is 1 drop in ML?

- how do you apply tretinoin?

- how much does this combination cost you per month?

dutasteride and RU at the same time is not something I would recomend.

One drop is from an aromatherapy bottle. One bottle of garnier lasts 14 days, 84ml/6ml per day. I suggest you try 1ml of PO per 84ml.

I use tretinoin gel, which I put into the stemoxydine bottle and shake. The gel is alchocol based so it desolves.

I can't remember how much everything costs but it's not that much.