Temple regrowth - minoxidil/Retin-A/Stemoxydine/alfatradiol 4 Months in

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dutasteride and RU at the same time is not something I would recomend.

One drop is from an aromatherapy bottle. One bottle of garnier lasts 14 days, 84ml/6ml per day. I suggest you try 1ml of PO per 84ml.

I use tretinoin gel, which I put into the stemoxydine bottle and shake. The gel is alchocol based so it desolves.

I can't remember how much everything costs but it's not that much.
Thanks! I hope you can answer some more questions because i want to understand correctly before i start

Why would you not recommend it? I often read to protect from both sides!

1ml in 84ml = 1,2%. Is that what you use? (Around that %). Seems low

You said you reduced tretinoin to ~1 grams. This raised some questions for me:
-You put 1 gram per application (thus per dat)?
- why one week on and one week off?
- how do you do this? Multiple bottles of stemox, one with and one without tretinoin?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I hope you can answer some more questions because i want to understand correctly before i start

Why would you not recommend it? I often read to protect from both sides!

They are both potent, you are very like to get sides from one and if you take both at the same time you won't know which. Additionally one of them may work for you. Personally I avoid finasteride/dutasteride/ru but you are of course free to do what you want.

1ml in 84ml = 1,2%. Is that what you use? (Around that %). Seems low

You should use enough to give a slight tingling sensation, using any more will be painful trust me this stuff can be quite potent. I've reduced it
because I removed a lot of crap off my scalp that was blocking penetration.

You said you reduced tretinoin to ~1 grams. This raised some questions for me:
-You put 1 gram per application (thus per dat)?
- why one week on and one week off?
- how do you do this? Multiple bottles of stemox, one with and one without tretinoin?

No I use ~1gram mixed in with half a stemox bottle and shake. Again tretinoin is potent stuff, and can cause your skin to flare up, like a kind of chemical burn. I've reduced the quantity and alternating in order to allow the skin to recover.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you evaluate pantostin?

It seems to be the only maintenance treatment in your regimen, which you have stopped.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How do you evaluate pantostin?

It seems to be the only maintenance treatment in your regimen, which you have stopped.

I replaced it with S-Equol but I find it is no better than Alfatradiol. I'm actually going to go back to Alfatradiol, but this time I'm gettng it raw rather then in Pantostin as 0.75mg per dose is just too weak in my opnion. Going to start at 2.5mg per dose and ramp it up slowly to 10mg.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I replaced it with S-Equol but I find it is no better than Alfatradiol. I'm actually going to go back to Alfatradiol, but this time I'm gettng it raw rather then in Pantostin as 0.75mg per dose is just too weak in my opnion. Going to start at 2.5mg per dose and ramp it up slowly to 10mg.
That's a high dose, be careful.

BTW the CB phase 2 study used 1% I believe.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well since I added it at the same time as Retin-A I cant 100% say that if it does anything by itself, the consensus seems to be it does something but is no cure. I use "Garnier Fructis Kraftzuwachs Serum" which is the cheap Stemoxydine from Germany, it is only 7 euros a bottle if you order a six bottles (3 months supply). There is no way I would spend big bucks on the Loreal branded one but this one is cheap enough that I even if it just works as a vehicle for the Retin-A I'm not too bothered.

- - - Updated - - -

I get my generic minoxidil and retin-a from e-bay. Garnier stemoxydine from amazon.de and pantostin from www.versandapo.de.

I just ordered garner stemoxydine

I am on a topical spironolactone and minoxidil..dr may add topical finasteride to my routine..

You think stemo helped you?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just ordered garner stemoxydine

I am on a topical spironolactone and minoxidil..dr may add topical finasteride to my routine..

You think stemo helped you?

Well I've consitently used it and it has n't done any harm, it's cheap enough especially if you use 3ml instead of 6ml per application . Why not try pantostine instead of topical finasteride?

I'm going through a good period at the moment regarding growth which I will document soon but it seems Zinc/Vitamind D can have a huge effect on how will minoxidil works.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I've consitently used it and it has n't done any harm, it's cheap enough especially if you use 3ml instead of 6ml per application . Why not try pantostine instead of topical finasteride?

I'm going through a good period at the moment regarding growth which I will document soon but it seems Zinc/Vitamind D can have a huge effect on how will minoxidil works.

I dont know about Astrodial if he will give that to me or not...I have estrodial in my compound with sprio
My Dr has a compound he sells with finasteride in it so he offered it to m

I have a vitamin D deficiency i have to take supplements just to get it up over 30..I dont know what it is right now.
I also have ferritin anemia--which I have to take iron 4x a day which I mess up on a lot because i have to take it on empty stomach with OJ.

thanks for information I am glad you are doing well.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont know about Astrodial if he will give that to me or not...I have estrodial in my compound with sprio
My Dr has a compound he sells with finasteride in it so he offered it to m

I have a vitamin D deficiency i have to take supplements just to get it up over 30..I dont know what it is right now.
I also have ferritin anemia--which I have to take iron 4x a day which I mess up on a lot because i have to take it on empty stomach with OJ.

thanks for information I am glad you are doing well.

It sounds to me that your general health is n't being very inductive towards healthy hair, I suggest you try and get your Vitamin D over 40ng/ml as per this:

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/why-does-the-vitamin-d-council-recommend-5000-iuday/

I don't have any iron deficiency but I do take this daily which also contains zinc/copper:

https://www.vitabiotics.com/feroglobin/liquid

Zinc is important as a deficiency will retard hair growth, although too much is also bad for you.

Things have been going a lot better for me since going on 5000iu a day vitamin d and taking above the vitamin suppliment in the correct amount twice a day. I'm not saying vitamins/minerals will regrow your hair but things like minoxidil can only encourage hair growth if the environment is supportive.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds to me that your general health is n't being very inductive towards healthy hair, I suggest you try and get your Vitamin D over 40ng/ml as per this:

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/why-does-the-vitamin-d-council-recommend-5000-iuday/

I don't have any iron deficiency but I do take this daily which also contains zinc/copper:

https://www.vitabiotics.com/feroglobin/liquid

Zinc is important as a deficiency will retard hair growth, although too much is also bad for you.

Things have been going a lot better for me since going on 5000iu a day vitamin d and taking above the vitamin suppliment in the correct amount twice a day. I'm not saying vitamins/minerals will regrow your hair but things like minoxidil can only encourage hair growth if the environment is supportive.

My last test my vitamin d is 50 I am not sure it is still up there i got complacent with supplements for a while.
my iron was around 60--same thing as above..i am not as consistent as i should be i go in a few weeks to retest everything.

all my other nutrients including zin were always in good standing those were my only deficiencies.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My last test my vitamin d is 50 I am not sure it is still up there i got complacent with supplements for a while.
my iron was around 60--same thing as above..i am not as consistent as i should be i go in a few weeks to retest everything.

all my other nutrients including zin were always in good standing those were my only deficiencies.

You really need to be consistent with these things, a day missed here and there is okay but your body reacts quite quickly to deficiencies.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well any updates? Are you a full head yet? Still on the same regime?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well any updates? Are you a full head yet? Still on the same regime?

Hehe, not quite. NW2 (was NW3V) and have had a couple of massive sheds which seems to always comes back and my main concern is the diffuse thinning on my crown rather than the hairline. All in all however well up on baseline and only hope to maintain for 3-5 years until something like replicel comes along.

The regime is pretty much the same except no longer on stemoxydine, I now have alfatradiol powder which I use at around 1% and instead of Retin-A I use 4% Retinol (legally cosmetics can be 1% max) mixed with water.

I'm about to experiment with liposomal delivery of alfatradiol and minoxidil, just getting the equipment needed. I may put my findings on here but to be honest I don't really pay much attention to these forums.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hehe, not quite. NW2 (was NW3V) and have had a couple of massive sheds which seems to always comes back and my main concern is the diffuse thinning on my crown rather than the hairline. All in all however well up on baseline and only hope to maintain for 3-5 years until something like replicel comes along.

The regime is pretty much the same except no longer on stemoxydine, I now have alfatradiol powder which I use at around 1% and instead of Retin-A I use 4% Retinol (legally cosmetics can be 1% max) mixed with water.

I'm about to experiment with liposomal delivery of alfatradiol and minoxidil, just getting the equipment needed. I may put my findings on here but to be honest I don't really pay much attention to these forums.

Any pics worth posting? What about dermaroller and PGD2?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any pics worth posting? What about dermaroller and PGD2?

Not really, haven't taken close up photos since I got a new phone that is rubbish at macro shots. If there is any amazing progress with liposomes then I will probably post something.

Dermaroller may help you if you're not responding but the slight irritation from peppermint oil/menthol probably does the same thing.

The PGD2 angle is a waste of time if your goal is regrowth, besides I've said this before Retinoic acid (Retin-A) is a PGD2 blocker but unfortunately nobody listens and would rather spend $$$'s on Seti/Fevi which messes around with your sleep.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really, haven't taken close up photos since I got a new phone that is rubbish at macro shots. If there is any amazing progress with liposomes then I will probably post something.

Dermaroller may help you if you're not responding but the slight irritation from peppermint oil/menthol probably does the same thing.

The PGD2 angle is a waste of time if your goal is regrowth, besides I've said this before Retinoic acid (Retin-A) is a PGD2 blocker but unfortunately nobody listens and would rather spend $$$'s on Seti/Fevi which messes around with your sleep.

You don’t think Westonci regrowth from the dermaroller and PGD2 are any good?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You don’t think Westonci regrowth from the dermaroller and PGD2 are any good?

What regrowth? I just saw some very slight thickening of existing hairs, plus he messes around with the contrast and brightness of his pictures. Considering he spent two years and thousands of dollars, can anyone say that's an effective treatment? Inhibitors will not cause regrowth, I keep saying this but no one listens which is one of the reasons I don't really bother anymore.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What regrowth? I just saw some very slight thickening of existing hairs, plus he messes around with the contrast and brightness of his pictures. Considering he spent two years and thousands of dollars, can anyone say that's an effective treatment? Inhibitors will not cause regrowth, I keep saying this but no one listens which is one of the reasons I don't really bother anymore.
Well thickening is better than thinning. He said it was due to the cheaper treatment and not the seti crap. So Retin A is a PGD2 inhibitor? Didn’t know that. I started a course of Beta Blocker (propranolol) and my hair has took a very quick turn for the worst, it sped everything up like crazy.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well thickening is better than thinning. He said it was due to the cheaper treatment and not the seti crap. So Retin A is a PGD2 inhibitor? Didn’t know that. I started a course of Beta Blocker (propranolol) and my hair has took a very quick turn for the worst, it sped everything up like crazy.

Technically it's a PGD2 transporter, it attaches itself to the PGD2 therefor making it unavailable for the receptor. You can get as good if not better results than the seti nonsense by buying this stuff: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitamin-A-Acetate-Retinol-100g/dp/B00H8RW6RI

Mix 4g to 100ml water which will turn milky white. Apply 3ml to hair twice a day. 100g should last you a year for £12.