Temple regrowth - minoxidil/Retin-A/Stemoxydine/alfatradiol 4 Months in

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you find the Lipogaine is making your hair too greasy, then maybe use foam in the morning. Try minoxidil first, if you don't see any gains in 3-4 months then consider adding more stuff on.

Ok will do, cheers.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already use the Stemox as a vehicle for something else; but I am thinking about making a custom topical of castor oil with tretinoin gel and emu oil. I use castor oil currently but the absortion is not great.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well Mr R, any updates? You still using the Retin A?

Yeah I'm now a thick NW0 and banging a model every other day :)

My previous update in June got deleted.

Been going backwards rather than forwards, shedding for two months with massive sheds in the past few weeks, around 200-250 hairs a day. Running my hand through my hair would easily pick up 20 or so hairs thick and thin. Anyhow, it now seems to have subsided but was pretty depressing.

Regimen wise, have been using crushed s-equol tablets and have dropped alfatradiol and will most likely drop oleuropein too. Still using Retin-A, although I may drop that too when I run out. I have some adenosine coming but after that I'm pretty much out of options chemically. I have started dermarolling lighly with a 0.75mm, so no wounding, I can definitely feel it helping absorption as the menthol effect stays with me now for at least an hour.

Final regime will likely be:
minoxidil
S-Equol
Stemox
Menthol
Adenosine

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you just go back to what was working at the very start? Foam, Stemox, Retin A and Peppermint oil. If it ain't broke an all that.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well the basis of the regime has been the same, foam vs liquid should make no difference and peppermint oil is mainly menthol. When I was using peppermint oil the second 10ml I got was not the same as the first, maybe that was a factor. Shedding after a while is normal with minoxidil so it is to be expected, now that the shedding has stopped I'm going to have to wait 3-4 months to see how the shed hairs come back. I'm still at around 80% of peak so it's not all bad, just have to maintain for a few years and hope for one of those breakthroughs coming up in Japan.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just go back to what was working at the very start? Foam, Stemox, Retin A and Peppermint oil. If it ain't broke an all that.

Just to update you, gone back to Peppermint Oil for just over a month and it is making a massive difference, I'm getting the kind of gains I was getting during the four months I posted initially. I think the main reason is that whilst Menthol has quite a punch, it only seems to last 15 minutes or so once applied whilst Peppermint Oil goes on for at least a couple of hours as it seems Menthone has a much longer half life. Also have slowly been reducing the amount Retin-A I use to the point that next week will be the first week with zero Retin-A.

I will give it a one or two more months and then post some pictures, have to say I'm pretty confident again.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to update you, gone back to Peppermint Oil for just over a month and it is making a massive difference, I'm getting the kind of gains I was getting during the four months I posted initially. I think the main reason is that whilst Menthol has quite a punch, it only seems to last 15 minutes or so once applied whilst Peppermint Oil goes on for at least a couple of hours as it seems Menthone has a much longer half life. Also have slowly been reducing the amount Retin-A I use to the point that next week will be the first week with zero Retin-A.

I will give it a one or two more months and then post some pictures, have to say I'm pretty confident again.
Look forward to it. What did you mix the PMO with, carrier oil?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I mix it with Stemoxydine as I did previously, if you use liquid Minoxidil you could mix it in with that.

moksel

Reaction score
Stumbled upon this topic and I was quite surprised you have been doing the same regimen that I have done the last three months.

My results have been quite miraculous. I was dealing with massive scalp inflammation and I decided to pull out everything I had kind of picked up these last 8 years of strolling these hairloss boards.

Anyway I am using 0.005% retin-a, 0.04% peppermint oil and garnier fructis stemyoxidine combined with minoxidil with azelaic acid.

This has been my silver bullit, scalp itch gone, steady regrowth for 2.5 months already. I should make some pictures one of these days.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't updated as twice now my updates have been rolled back and deleted so I cant be bothered with the site anymore. However things are looking okay, I'm basically stuck around Norwood 1.5 which I can certainly live with. Growth is good and the losses I had in the summer seem to be coming back but not like the initial four month growth spurt. My regime is now quite simple:

minoxidil (5%)
Stemox
Peppermint Oil (5%)
S-Equol (~0.75ml, made from crushed tablets)

I have not used Retin-A and Alfatradiol for months. I've found Peppermint Oil is better than pure Menthol probably due to the Menthone having a longer biological half-life, regardless I think the key here is anti inflammation properties and as far as I'm concerned less inflammation = better environment for minoxidil to work.

My main target now is to see where I am in a years time, as according to the graphs I should be back to baseline in two years with minoxidil.

I will try and upload a couple of pics and then I will be done, good luck.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't updated as twice now my updates have been rolled back and deleted so I cant be bothered with the site anymore. However things are looking okay, I'm basically stuck around Norwood 1.5 which I can certainly live with. Growth is good and the losses I had in the summer seem to be coming back but not like the initial four month growth spurt. My regime is now quite simple:

minoxidil (5%)
Stemox
Peppermint Oil (5%)
S-Equol (~0.75ml, made from crushed tablets)

I have not used Retin-A and Alfatradiol for months. I've found Peppermint Oil is better than pure Menthol probably due to the Menthone having a longer biological half-life, regardless I think the key here is anti inflammation properties and as far as I'm concerned less inflammation = better environment for minoxidil to work.

My main target now is to see where I am in a years time, as according to the graphs I should be back to baseline in two years with minoxidil.

I will try and upload a couple of pics and then I will be done, good luck.
What about Alpicort F? You gonna order some?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What about Alpicort F? You gonna order some?

At the moment I'm sticking with what seems to be working rather than try new stuff. This seems to be working like the brotzu formula, slow and steady and very little shedding so I've just ordered a years supply of S-Equol tablets.

Garyplau

Reaction score
At the moment I'm sticking with what seems to be working rather than try new stuff. This seems to be working like the brotzu formula, slow and steady and very little shedding so I've just ordered a years supply of S-Equol tablets.

Hey Mr Robot, how have you been going with this new regime? Have the s equol tablets made a difference?

Thanks

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Mr Robot, how have you been going with this new regime? Have the s equol tablets made a difference?

Thanks

I can't really make any conclusions yet, as DHT-inhibition by itself does n't generally result in massive regrowth. What I can say is that things have definitely improved from the situation five-six months ago but in terms of pure number of new hairs is below the initially minoxidil "burst"..

My main concern is trying to maintain regrowth as you should start seeing declines after six months according to the graphs here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/education/rogaine-long-term/

I'ill probably need another 3-6 months to give a definitive verdict, however even the brotzu stuff from what I've read works really slowly. We'ill see, my aim is to try and maintain for another five years and wait for a miracle treatment.

Homie

Reaction score
Mr. Robot, the S-Equol, where did you get it or what product are you using? Topically or orally? If the former, what are you mixing it with? Thanks!

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mr. Robot, the S-Equol, where did you get it or what product are you using? Topically or orally? If the former, what are you mixing it with? Thanks!

I use tablets from a product called 'Equelle' that you can get from ebay. It's expensive and you have to wash the tablets, crush them and extract the S-Equol with ethanol. I put the instructions on this thread https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...uol-from-equelle-tablets-instructions.101287/

I can't say if it is really helping, as have been using it for nearly 6 months now. It certainly has n't caused any regrowth.