Temple regrowth - minoxidil/Retin-A/Stemoxydine/alfatradiol 4 Months in

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have diffuse thinning on the crown in a very strange pattern, again I have some pictures but I don't have the time to upload them at the moment. I have definitely had thickening on the crown but I'm not sure if there has been any regrowth as there may not have been any miniturised hairs to recover.

I apply everything to nearly my complete scalp, although I notice some areas are less sensitive than others for example I do get a mild burning sensation at the frontal areas where as my crown used to have virtually no reaction as it is as if there is less penetration. It has improved though use of salicylic acid shampoo but I'm wondering if fibrosis has occurred.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just the foam on its own could prob sort the crown out.

I've used foam for five months, it's not the case of it sticking as I have hair there. The problem is that it seems that the crown air does not absorb as much as the frontal areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! How old are you?

39, I've had a very slow frontal recession over 20 years or so and then a big loss around 12 months ago after a stressful period. The regained temple area is more than I had 7 or so years ago so not too shabby.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you considered adding microneedling?

I have but only 0.5mm for increased penetration and only for the crown/vertex area where there seems to be a absorption issue. I'm not 100% sold on wounding/follicle neogenesis, plus I'm not slick bald so no need to consider it at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Any update?
I've been going through some shedding but it looks like there is some regrowth again, it will take a while as the hairs come out of the resting phase. Periodic shedding with minoxidil is normal but it's amazing how stressful things can get when you see some gains lost but hopefully things are looking like on the the way to NW1.

Regimen wise, now that I know that Menthol is the beneficial ingredient in the peppermint oil I'm going to use Menthol crystals rather than essential oils. I'm wondering if I should keep on the Vitamin E succinate and was paranoid that it was causing the shedding but I think I will stick with it for a few more months. There are a few more tweaks I'm considering to the regimen but I really want to lock things down and have a fixed regime as soon as possible.

I will upload a couple more pics in the next few days.

volkan3167

Reaction score
could you please post the links from amazon/ebay so i know exactly which things you buy ?:)
since i'm new to this Androgenetic Alopecia topic and I would like to start my treatment with almost the same regiment as you

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm trying to order on the German amazon but I can't speak German and it says my password is wrong

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to order on the German amazon but I can't speak German and it says my password is wrong

It's definitely possible, as I ordered and received my next 6 months worth just last week. Once you log in there is an option to change to English, in the top right and corner.

- - - Updated - - -

could you please post the links from amazon/ebay so i know exactly which things you buy ?:)
since i'm new to this Androgenetic Alopecia topic and I would like to start my treatment with almost the same regiment as you

Sorry I cant at the moment but since I get Pantostin and Garnier Fructis Kraft Zuwachs Aktivierendes Serum from Germany it should be easy for you. Generic Minoxidil and Peppermint oil you can find on ebay, Retin-A you will probably need a prescription.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
It's definitely possible, as I ordered and received my next 6 months worth just last week. Once you log in there is an option to change to English, in the top right and corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I cant at the moment but since I get Pantostin and Garnier Fructis Kraft Zuwachs Aktivierendes Serum from Germany it should be easy for you. Generic Minoxidil and Peppermint oil you can find on ebay, Retin-A you will probably need a prescription.

Sorry that i go off topic. Question about your use of oleuropein use. Do you mix it with minoxidil? (topical) Do you have results of it?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry that i go off topic. Question about your use of oleuropein use. Do you mix it with minoxidil? (topical) Do you have results of it?

I mix it with minoxidil, I use a 500mg 15% powder capsule which works out to 1.5mg/ml. It has only been two weeks so I cant say, I'm just recovering from a lot of shedding which seemed to coincide with using topical Vitamin E Succinate (which I have now dropped). I'm getting regrowth again so from what I can tell it is not doing anything negative even though it is a COX-2 inhibitor but most likely the quantity is too small to do much damage. I should have really added the oleuropein later if I wanted to be scientific.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mr_Robot, I've Tretinion cream, would that work? Do you still apply Pantostin?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mr_Robot, I've Tretinion cream, would that work? Do you still apply Pantostin?

Yes you can use the cream, though if you mix it with stemox your liquid will go cloudy and you're going to have to give the bottle a lot of shaking. The cream base may also stick to your hair and make it a little shiny, that is why I use the gel version as it is alcohol based and will eventually evaporate.

Another tip if you're going to mix with stemox is to make the 14 day bottle into two 7 day bottles and mix 7 days worth of Tretinoin cream and then store the mixed bottle in box the stemox bottle came in. The reason for doing this is that UV degrades Tretinoin and is not that stable, the tube has a preservative in it which gets diluted once you add it to your bottle of stemox.

Everything in my regimen I still apply, including Pantostin. Another couple of months and once my regime is stablised, I will do a proper write up.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the tips. I logged in but they won't deliver to Ireland/N Ireland. I've found this, what do you think? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOREAL-Hair...ryday-Treatment-90ml-/172146937513?nav=SEARCH

£21 for 3 months isn't bad, right?

90ml over 90 days is 1ml a day, the Garnier one I use is 6ml a day in a two week 84ml bottle and also (supposedly) has 5% although you can easily get way with using 3ml a day. You could always go for this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vichy-Dercos-NEOGENIC-6ml-NEW/dp/B009W8NNT6
:wow:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
That ones a nice price too :(. I ordered Lipogaine, do you think I should get Regaine foam or Stemox as well?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That ones a nice price too :(. I ordered Lipogaine, do you think I should get Regaine foam or Stemox as well?

If you find the Lipogaine is making your hair too greasy, then maybe use foam in the morning. Try minoxidil first, if you don't see any gains in 3-4 months then consider adding more stuff on.