TechnoDerma Medicines new small molecule - TDM-105795

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that what phase 1b means? Just doing phase 1 over?
Yes, doing it again with what you've learned from the first time. Probably they learned the doses they were using are too low. I doubt the higher doses work much/any better.

edh38

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, doing it again with what you've learned from the first time. Probably they learned the doses they were using are too low. I doubt the higher doses work much/any better.
this is more than standard - phase 1 costs are approx. 1/10 of phase 2+ phase 3 costs so if you can go higher from a safety pov and prior research suggests it is beneficial, you would do it..

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is more than standard - phase 1 costs are approx. 1/10 of phase 2+ phase 3 costs so if you can go higher from a safety pov and prior research suggests it is beneficial, you would do it..
The goal is to get a product on market, so if you don't need to run another phase 1 you don't

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you think higher wont work?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why you think higher wont work?
Because the mechanism of action doesn't address the reduced number of progenitor cells, it only allows you to do more with what you have.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because the mechanism of action doesn't address the reduced number of progenitor cells, it only allows you to do more with what you have.
So its like minoxidil? Works untill the male pattern baldness overcome it effect?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

edh38

My Regimen
Reaction score
The goal is to get a product on market, so if you don't need to run another phase 1 you don't
Or the goal is to get the most bang for your buck..semantics not worth talking about, much less as an argument.
Just fyi- a 1b following a 1a is the norm.

The 1a consisted of groups which received tdm once, whereby the tdm concentration per group varied.
called Single-Ascending-Dose (SAD) study. This new 1b is a multiple ascending dose (MAD) study - same as above, but each group receives tdm multiple times. In other words - they probably dont know if it even works just based on the 1a.

volinets0

My Regimen
Reaction score
New chemical and we know the chemical structure, yet there's not yet a GB and an associated discord sever.......!?! :)

I jest, but I probably would give it a go. Desperate times

Thank you OP for the good work
What is gb? I have come across the acronym several times on this website, but have never understood what it means

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologise for the slow updates...

Last update from TechnoDerma was they started Phase 2 dosing earlier this year: https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/technoderma-dosing-phase-ii-study-Androgenetic Alopecia/

Hoping for some positive phase 2 results circa 2024.

Last edited:

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a group buy happening for this compound and more. TDM-105795 is $80 for 50mg plus shipping and handling.

Isn’t this an old drug? Private forum trialed this more than a year ago.

Whats new here?

sunlight2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's worth trying is up to the person trying it. Many people here try scalp massages or things like broccoli sprouts. There is little to no scientific evidence for such experiments, but if people want to try it that's their business. The treatments that have the most scientific evidence are minoxidil, AAs, microneedling, and estrogen. This is known by everyone. Some people don't want to use them for whatever reason, or they do use them and they are insufficient. These people can try what they want after discussing it with their doctor. Personally I've had more success adding experimental treatments to my regimen, but found no cure without side effects. I'm not interested in trying anything but the most promising treatments now. The most promising one is HMI-115 by far. Macaques are a validated model for testing Androgenetic Alopecia treatments. To date there has not been a single finding in macaques revealing a different etiology in their pattern baldness versus ours, and no treatment has ever been shown to work better on them than on humans. That makes HMI-115 extremely interesting. I would pay almost any amount of money to try it. I can't understand how someone could look at that and say it's probably not going to work on humans. It is mind-boggling. This guy is a literal reddit meme who won't believe the sky is blue until a scientist tells him it is. If you really need to wait 5 years for a peer-reviewed article before recognizing that HMI-115 is likely to work then you simply don't have the ability to use logic.
"Macaques are a validated model for testing Androgenetic Alopecia treatments. To date there has not been a single finding in macaques revealing a different etiology in their pattern baldness versus ours, and no treatment has ever been shown to work better on them than on humans. That makes HMI-115 extremely interesting. I would pay almost any amount of money to try it. I can't understand how someone could look at that and say it's probably not going to work on humans. It is mind-boggling"

Hi Pegasus2 - not meant in an aggro way, but I wondered how you reconciled the above statement with your admission in the HMI-115 thread that the drug doesn't appear to have worked as well in humans as it did in macaques? (although I realise you're still encouraged by moeman's results)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Macaques are a validated model for testing Androgenetic Alopecia treatments. To date there has not been a single finding in macaques revealing a different etiology in their pattern baldness versus ours, and no treatment has ever been shown to work better on them than on humans. That makes HMI-115 extremely interesting. I would pay almost any amount of money to try it. I can't understand how someone could look at that and say it's probably not going to work on humans. It is mind-boggling"

Hi Pegasus2 - not meant in an aggro way, but I wondered how you reconciled the above statement with your admission in the HMI-115 thread that the drug doesn't appear to have worked as well in humans as it did in macaques? (although I realise you're still encouraged by moeman's results)
Macaques don't go fully bald, they retain long vellus hairs. Perhaps HMI-115 doesn't work on fully miniaturized hairs, or it takes longer. Perhaps it only works during anagen entry when the DP is being replenished from the dermal sheath. In that case, follicles would need to cycle through before it can enlarge them. The hair cycle is much longer in humans than in macaques. Longer trials and more patients will tell us more. There's the possibility that the mechanism just doesn't work as well in humans, but it definitely works.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Macaques don't go fully bald, they retain long vellus hairs. Perhaps HMI-115 doesn't work on fully miniaturized hairs, or it takes longer. Perhaps it only works during anagen entry when the DP is being replenished from the dermal sheath. In that case, follicles would need to cycle through before it can enlarge them. The hair cycle is much longer in humans than in macaques. Longer trials and more patients will tell us more. There's the possibility that the mechanism just doesn't work as well in humans, but it definitely works.
I'm interested in joining the GB. Can you invite me to the discord?

Tried to DM but couldn't. Feel free to DM me.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Word is that the phase II is completed. Be on the lookout for top line data for this and HMI-115.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Word is that the phase II is completed. Be on the lookout for top line data for this and HMI-115.
If the studies are just finishing now, any idea how long before we see the data? It usually takes several months for them to do their science stuff and analyze the info, right?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the studies are just finishing now, any idea how long before we see the data? It usually takes several months for them to do their science stuff and analyze the info, right?
Maybe a month, maybe never. Depends on what the company wants