pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update regarding the phase 2a trials:

"Evaluation of efficacy by measurement of non-vellus Target Area Hair Count (TAHC) showed mean changes from baseline of 24.3 hairs with the high label strength (0.02%) and 20.3 hairs with the low label strength (0.0025%) topical solution, compared to 14.0 hairs with placebo in 1 cm2 test areas; randomization was 1:1:1 with 71 patients enrolled. Both label strengths of TDM-105795 were well tolerated with no material safety issues identified. Bioanalytical results show that once daily application of TDM-105795 topical solution at either dose produced extremely low to no systemic exposure."

Overall:

0.02% once daily - 24.3 TAHC (per cm2)
0.0025% once daily - 20.3 TAHC (per cm2)
Placebo - 14.0 TAHC (per cm2)

Both 0.02% and 0.002% once daily was well tolerated with no material safety issues and extremely low to no systemic exposure.

Source: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...rowth-in-androgenetic-alopecia-302052631.html

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Update regarding the phase 2a trials:

"Evaluation of efficacy by measurement of non-vellus Target Area Hair Count (TAHC) showed mean changes from baseline of 24.3 hairs with the high label strength (0.02%) and 20.3 hairs with the low label strength (0.0025%) topical solution, compared to 14.0 hairs with placebo in 1 cm2 test areas; randomization was 1:1:1 with 71 patients enrolled. Both label strengths of TDM-105795 were well tolerated with no material safety issues identified. Bioanalytical results show that once daily application of TDM-105795 topical solution at either dose produced extremely low to no systemic exposure."

Overall:

0.02% once daily - 24.3 TAHC (per cm2)
0.0025% once daily - 20.3 TAHC (per cm2)
Placebo - 14.0 TAHC (per cm2)

Both 0.02% and 0.002% once daily was well tolerated with no material safety issues and extremely low to no systemic exposure.

Source: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...rowth-in-androgenetic-alopecia-302052631.html
So, basically TechnoDerma gave better regrowth than HMI-115?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, basically TechnoDerma gave better regrowth than HMI-115?
That's impossible to know without comparing them head to head under the same conditions. The difference between them is too close to know which is more effective. TDM gained 6-10 hairs versus placebo. HMI-115 gained 14 hairs, but they had no placebo group. We will get a better comparison after they both run a longer placebo-controlled trial.

Last edited:

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's impossible to know without comparing them head to head under the same conditions. The difference between them is too close to know which is more effective. TDM gained 6-10 hairs versus placebo. HMI-115 gained 14 hairs, but they had no placebo group. We will get a better comparison after they both run a longer placebo-controlled trial.
HMI-115 will have bigger advantage, because daily apply will be pain the *** for most of the people.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
HMI-115 will have bigger advantage, because daily apply will be pain the *** for most of the people.
It will probably be more expensive though

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you apply it once a day, it's not tedious at all, at least for me. It's all about results.
I think TDM (in comparison) will be cheaper. We'll see.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It will probably be more expensive though
Yes, it will be more expensive probably, but for young people it will be good solution.

At the very early stage of balding they can get 6 injections of HMI-115, stop balding, get some decent regrowth and keep their hair in next 5-7 years without bothering to apply daily, weekly or monthly topicals on their head to maintain results. In every 5-7 years you can go and take HMI-115 treatment to maintain the results. For bald people this is not ideal treatment, for much younger generation it can be.

Nobody knows how long you can maintain results with TechnoDerma when you will stop using it.