Tattooed hair

Would you do it?

• Total voters

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
fodandahalf said:
Andrew I posted on Hishairclinic.com looking for that thread to post here haha. Here's the picture I was after:

I wouldn't even call the ones people keep referencing 'fuckups' because the clients requested that look.
So people concerned about their looks asked for the shitty looking styles? Does that make sense to you?

I wouldn't say shitty looking styles; they're just over compensating I'd say. Some people genuinely do have their hair cut like that and a lot of people who find out about this treatment will want the most for their money; a sharp, low maintenance cut. HIS are fully capable of creating softer looks and us who have spent some time researching hair loss and norwood spotting, will have a different idea of what looks good.
KanyeWestBuzzCutHairstyleFull.jpg

This real head of hair would probably be considered a 'bad MHT treatment' by many on this forum if it turned out was MHT.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that picture was a lot smaller when I copied the url. But anyway, I don't think we'll ever agree on the MHT idea. I'm getting away with dermmatch at the moment and nobody seems to suspect a thing. Actual tiny dots will only look better. I don't know what else to say other than I'll post my results in July and hope you agree that it is possible to achieve a great look with MHT.

Cassin

Reaction score
I don't have anything against that company that keeps getting mentioned.

All my issues are with tattooing the scalp. The mess will be permanately on their in some form but your perception will change.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Kanye's hair is probably about 2mm long there, Tattoo'd dots are 0.0mm it does'nt look the same. Plus can you imagine that hairline on a middle aged white guy? Plus most tattoo jobs weve seen look like they were done using a straight edge ruler.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Kanye's hair is probably about 2mm long there, Tattoo'd dots are 0.0mm it does'nt look the same. Plus can you imagine that hairline on a middle aged white guy? Plus most tattoo jobs weve seen look like they were done using a straight edge ruler.

Yeah I had only seen a very small version of that picture before posting it. I think the main problem is how a large amount of MHT clients don't know much about hair loss or what looks natural on a microscopic level. Practitioners should really have more of an input as opposed to relying on the client to know what would look natural. A great looking result is perfectly possible nonetheless.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you really want to find some issues with this procedure I am pretty sure you'll find...even a full head of shaved hair is shinning like that in some condition like perspiration and flash from the camera...that's not a good a reason to call this appaling...

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
shiny scalp like that "hair" looks apalling. That doesn't look remotely real

I think you've already made your mind up on MHT; even the most flawless treatment would look terrible to you. Even if you don't like the look, you've gotta admit THIS result is pretty realistic.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
fodandahalf said:
cassin said:
shiny scalp like that "hair" looks apalling. That doesn't look remotely real

I think you've already made your mind up on MHT; even the most flawless treatment would look terrible to you. Even if you don't like the look, you've gotta admit THIS result is pretty realistic.

Wow, I've been on the fence for a while now... this photo might be the one to really change my mind. I mean, the other photos looked real, but they were all professional shots.

This one, even in harsh lighting, looks great.