tall men have no reason to complain about hairloss

whymewhynow

Reaction score
A generalization, yes. Is it true ? I would argue yes, at least somewhat.

Tall men have a giant (no pun) verification of their genetic fitness just by being tall. It's medium to short guys that have all the credibility to complain. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I had to say it. It astounds me when I see tall men say they have it just as worse as average or short men. I'm sick being told by tall men "everything is fine" or "hair loss doesn't matter". Well maybe for them. It's easy being confident if you're 4 inches taller than your average person.

Tall man + muscles = problem solved .

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair loss is still hair loss no matter how tall and (or) good looking they are...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Every has a right to complain and rant about anything they want. Who made you judge and jury on what people can complain about? No one wants to lose hair period. I don't even want to see any hair shedding when I shampoo my hair. If people are insecure and unhappy, they are going to complain about everything they don't like about themselves. I am sure Brad Pitt, Thom Cruise, and Johnny Depp have a list too. Its human nature to complain. Life throws so many obstacles at us, we need to complain and rant just to release some negative energy. Its not good to keep it bottled up. There, I feel better now. Fred, release some of that bottled up energy and give us a good rant. :) Hurry up before UCM gets here and does his. :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's not like nobody could see the tops of our heads and tell we weren't loosing. All you would need to do is look at them from a medium distance or from afar and you can tell just as much as a short guy that he has hair loss. I'm not going to say that being tall makes no difference. I'm not going to say that there is no stigma against short guys. Height is really one of those things you can't fix, even more so than baldness so your frustration is well placed.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair loss sucks period. Maybe it's worse to be tall and bald because you stick out of a crowd.

whymewhynow

Reaction score
Hair loss sucks period. Maybe it's worse to be tall and bald because you stick out of a crowd.

Or maybe not.

Basically how tall you are decides your base amount of dating options. The reason being women use height as the first filter to decide what men are eligible to date her. A 6' 3" guy can date any girl he wants , really, or at least has the most range of interested women. A 5' 6" man will have infinitely less options.

Balding just means a few less women are interested in him. Even if 50% of women don't like bald men, tall men still have a HUGE dating pool

It is average to short men who are hit the hardest by balding and therefore have the MOST right to complain. Not to mention , being tall is a requisite to pull off the tall muscular look, short men just look tryhard. Tall men have OPTIONS.

Seriously can you keep a straight face and complain being a 6' 3" man ? Yeah balding is not ideal but you're still up high in social status.

Medium height men like me (I'm 5'10") have no options when we go bald. I've only got my face.

- - - Updated - - -

hair loss is still hair loss no matter how tall and (or) good looking they are...
Hair loss is not bad per se, it's the consequences of hair loss that are bad. If you are Freddie Ljungberg you have little credibility to complain about hair loss, yes it is still hair loss but it DIDN'T have consequences for your life or looks.

With hairloss there is meh. Bad. Very bad. And terrible. Some guys it doesn't matter. Maybe they have the right head-shape or it doesn't matter for cultural or personal reasons (maybe they don't care or are married).

Then you have guys who have low foreheads to begin with , are tall, who have clear skin, otherwise attractive faces. Yeah they lose a few points from hair loss but they are still passable for good looking

At the other end of the spectrum you have short guys, guys who don't have the right headshape (too large forehead, feminine features etc.) well they suffer the most. It can make they ugly.It really can.

See what I'm saying is it's hard to generalize here ( i know i did it ....) we all suffer from hair loss in different amounts. When you have guys saying "hey look hair loss doesn't matter" it's patronizing, because it does matter to me and men like me. It's hurt my life so much. I'll never be happy until I get my hair back. Nothing can console me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
When are you people going to learn if you are not secure with your looks, you will never be happy. If you have the power to change your looks to feel more secure than do it. In the long run, you need to do it for yourself. If you are short, then get some shoes that give you some more height so at least you can feel taller. Its kind of like concealer, it gives you the illusion you are taller. Anyone who dates you and finds out you "conceal" things and leaves you for it was not meant for you in the first place. Looks fade. You guys have to learn you have the power. You can do the rejecting.

Most women want to play games with you at first and will play hard to get. Don't take it personal. Its their nature to test you. The only way you will score with them right away is to "drug" them with alcohol or get them "high". Or it they are really "horny" for a man, then you don't even have to do that. I certainly am not looking for that type of woman anyway so I don't stoop that low. If I wanted that, I would just go to Las Vegas and go to the Bunny Ranch.:)

I guarantee you Fred would be just as successful with women even if he was 5 ft 9 or 5ft 10. As long as he can maintain the same confidence with women he has now, the outcome would be the same. As long as Fred knows he has the power, he will succeed.

Its a know fact that if you are miserable, you are destined to be alone.

Another

Reaction score
Balding sucks more -in my opinion- than being average or even below average in height. A friend of mine is NW0, 45 yo, 5'4" and pulls the hottest chicks in town, all of them always taller than him.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score

Tall men have a giant (no pun) verification of their genetic fitness just by being tall. It's medium to short guys that have all the credibility to complain. Sorry if this sounds harsh but I had to say it. It astounds me when I see tall men say they have it just as worse as average or short men. I'm sick being told by tall men "everything is fine" or "hair loss doesn't matter". Well maybe for them. It's easy being confident if you're 4 inches taller than your average person.

Tall men have an advantage over short men, this is coming from a woman BTW.
But an average height man or slightly below average with hair has an advantage over a tall balding man.
However a confident man has an advantage over insecure men, no matter the hair situation!

seb

Reaction score
Or maybe not.

Basically how tall you are decides your base amount of dating options. The reason being women use height as the first filter to decide what men are eligible to date her. A 6' 3" guy can date any girl he wants , really, or at least has the most range of interested women. A 5' 6" man will have infinitely less options.

Balding just means a few less women are interested in him. Even if 50% of women don't like bald men, tall men still have a HUGE dating pool

It is average to short men who are hit the hardest by balding and therefore have the MOST right to complain. Not to mention , being tall is a requisite to pull off the tall muscular look, short men just look tryhard. Tall men have OPTIONS.

Seriously can you keep a straight face and complain being a 6' 3" man ? Yeah balding is not ideal but you're still up high in social status.

Medium height men like me (I'm 5'10") have no options when we go bald. I've only got my face.

- - - Updated - - -

Hair loss is not bad per se, it's the consequences of hair loss that are bad. If you are Freddie Ljungberg you have little credibility to complain about hair loss, yes it is still hair loss but it DIDN'T have consequences for your life or looks.

With hairloss there is meh. Bad. Very bad. And terrible. Some guys it doesn't matter. Maybe they have the right head-shape or it doesn't matter for cultural or personal reasons (maybe they don't care or are married).

Then you have guys who have low foreheads to begin with , are tall, who have clear skin, otherwise attractive faces. Yeah they lose a few points from hair loss but they are still passable for good looking

At the other end of the spectrum you have short guys, guys who don't have the right headshape (too large forehead, feminine features etc.) well they suffer the most. It can make they ugly.It really can.

See what I'm saying is it's hard to generalize here ( i know i did it ....) we all suffer from hair loss in different amounts. When you have guys saying "hey look hair loss doesn't matter" it's patronizing, because it does matter to me and men like me. It's hurt my life so much. I'll never be happy until I get my hair back. Nothing can console me.

Youre talking out of youre d**k mate, which is appropriate, as you wont be using it for its intended purpose(apart from the aforementioned and for excreting waste matter) as you bald....oh and "only" 5ft 10". Me on the other hand at just over 6ft 2", can have ANY

- - - Updated - - -

woman I desire.

If you aint got lame youre just plain lame.
The dating game aint the same when you aint got game
If you aint got game youre just too tame
Lost hair, lost the frame, dont matter if you got game
Tired of the same get game
Wanna have fame get some game

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Smells strongly of puahate once again. As a short bloke, who has a mahoosive forehead, I can agree with certain elements. Having said that, balding isn't a cake walk if you're tall. It is crap, and limits your options...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
even tho u wont degrade as much as a tall balding man, your hair loss WILL be noticed more i think

Since u literally stand out from the crowd

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think height guarantees you success with females. Most I know just want you taller than them.

W_James

Reaction score
I'm 6ft 3 with a lean body and in the past 8 years all I was able to get was a fat middle aged woman with an annoying kid and she was just using me for money and to have someone father her kid. I had to approach hundreds of women just to get that. Back when I was in high school and had hair I banged 6 girls. I did ok my first two years of uni, but there was a steep decline going on even then. Even with my height and body, going bald made me unattractive to even the lowest of women.

verysad

Reaction score
whole package counts of course hair and height is part of the package..

- - - Updated - - -

Every has a right to complain and rant about anything they want. Who made you judge and jury on what people can complain about? No one wants to lose hair period. I don't even want to see any hair shedding when I shampoo my hair. If people are insecure and unhappy, they are going to complain about everything they don't like about themselves. I am sure Brad Pitt, Thom Cruise, and Johnny Depp have a list too. Its human nature to complain. Life throws so many obstacles at us, we need to complain and rant just to release some negative energy. Its not good to keep it bottled up. There, I feel better now. Fred, release some of that bottled up energy and give us a good rant. :) Hurry up before UCM gets here and does his. :)

i don't like those. prefer gonzalo jara who is 1.75m and yes he is meaty muscular.. so height is not of concern if you ask my opinion. if you are tall and skinny and bald then it would not look good too. it is whole package on the overall

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

Tall helps. The average hight is 5-8 to 5-10. When you hit the 6' mark you already have a fierce appearance and are to tall for others to notice that head shine. I see tall guys with shaved heads and it looks fine, but guys (myself 5-10) just dont carry it well.

also doesnt help my forehead is huge

Dont forget to being tall puts off strength and health, which overpowers the bald. When you are short or average your bald head gives off sickness and age with nothing to offset. I and very muscular and still just look sick and old. In seriousness am I walking around with my damn shirt off 80% of the day? No, people see me in my button down and pants, not really showing off the muscles.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
How bout this... I don't claim being short is a cakewalk and you don't claim being bald is a cakewalk. Both suck in their own right, agreed?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
How bout this... I don't claim being short is a cakewalk and you don't claim being bald is a cakewalk. Both suck in their own right, agreed?

I think the op is just saying he thinks it's generally easier for a taller guy to succeed then a shorter if either have hair loss.