Synthetic hair

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Something I often wondered about but was not sure about its availability, safety, cosmetic results.

Here is more information on these aspects:

http://www.biofibre.com/en/results/scientific-publications/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26016977
biofibre before and after

To my eyes, it looks artificial. It must feel artificial too. I assume these guys have to go to barber often to make sure hair is at some exact length all the time (no biggie to me).

Anyone has more info? I am thinking for people like me heading to NW5/6, one can maybe do a Fuller style FUE (or hopefully piloscopy) to the front and scatter FUEs and synthetics in the middle part.... or wait another 15 years for hair multiplication :)

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
As many people will tell you on these threads, artificial implants right now are bad news. having said that i really think this is one major area we should look at, no need to worry about a donor, guaranteed thickness of the hair, no need to worry about the grafts not growing.

I just do not understand why a better method/material has not been made by now, this is the most obvious solution to hairloss, no its not human hair, but it could look and feel like it so it would still be great for us desperate folk. It amazes me that in 2015 nothing has been made when we have been doing breast implants for decades with great success. We can do a hand transplant and make it a functional hand or put metal mechanisms in peoples bones and not have any complications but cant put some small fibers a few mm deep into a scalp? thats ridiculous.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what I wouldn't care if they implanted steel wires into my head so long as they didn't irritate my scalp, and gave me a complete hairline.

Imagine that. You would look like the terminator. I wouldn't give a f***. It'd be cool as. And you'd be a NW1 again with a face framed by terminator steel wire. EPIC.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
What happens if you damage or burn the hair ? Take out the old plugs and implant some new again?

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dont even need synthetic hair implants. how bout making some high tech undetectable hairpiece with cooling system, i wouldnt mind wearing one of those

luca10

Established Member
Reaction score
They have a special knot reversible, if necessary, to extract the fiber, without scarring.

E2-Impianto-SICUREZ.-Scudo-cheratina.jpg

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what I wouldn't care if they implanted steel wires into my head so long as they didn't irritate my scalp, and gave me a complete hairline.

Imagine that. You would look like the terminator. I wouldn't give a f***. It'd be cool as. And you'd be a NW1 again with a face framed by terminator steel wire. EPIC.
These synthetic hair fibers from Japan and Italy don't irritate the scalp except in rare cases.

There's a lot of phobia created around Artificial hair implant that stems from only 2-4% cases having sides.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These synthetic hair fibers from Japan and Italy don't irritate the scalp except in rare cases.

There's a lot of phobia created around Artificial hair implant that stems from only 2-4% cases having sides.

How do they look tho

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

lol, 4 % is a lot . I will not play the russian roulette

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Artificial hairs inserted INTO the scalp = big mistake. It can cause brain infections and even death. Lots of scarred scalps from artificial hairs.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was recently reading about how transplanting organs from family members quite often doesn’t require life long immunosuppressive drugs.

I wonder if you could use donor hair from day your mum or dad or child?

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had synthetic hair implanted. about 1000 hairs. dont do it. its a pretty high stress to your skin. inflamation and
suppuration...all moderate..are your daily struggle. after 3 months you loose the first hairs. bullshit bingo

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had synthetic hair implanted. about 1000 hairs. dont do it. its a pretty high stress to your skin. inflamation and
suppuration...all moderate..are your daily struggle. after 3 months you loose the first hairs. bullshit bingo
Where'd you get your done?

BaldLion

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I spoke with a doctor in Switzerland about synthetic hair and she told me that she saw several very bad scarred scalp. And those people are asking to get those synthetic hair removed...
I know we want more hair but what’s the point to have 1000 more hair with a decent chance of lifetime scarring in the frontal area or more

i never gonna do it

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was recently reading about how transplanting organs from family members quite often doesn’t require life long immunosuppressive drugs.

Lol. Are you really so desperate ? :)

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've known a couple guys who got entire hair follicles from relatives and they failed. Necrosis. It doesn't work, man.