Surprising Update On Hanson & Wong. Could Be Nice!

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those curious - I'm now at the 1 month mark and have very minimal sides on the 1% every other day application. On oral form I was completely off the drug by now.

INT

Reaction score
For those curious - I'm now at the 1 month mark and have very minimal sides on the 1% every other day application. On oral form I was completely off the drug by now.

Thank you for the update.

How is your experience regarding the application of the cream?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
TBH I am not sure if I want to try 1% after the German forum guy is saying they're doing maximum 0.033% and might get my doctor to call them with that instead. Hasson & Wong's dose is equivalent to taking 25mg finasteride every day, isn't it? I think you should hold off until there is forum consensus on just what concentration this should have if you're aiming for a dose that is more or less topically equivalent to 0.25mg-0.5mg ED orally.

For people who want this in the US I recommend finding yourself a naturopathic DO or MD who will test your hormones and then write an Rx for it. Reason being that naturopaths are mostly hippies and willing to do things regular doctors and dermatologists are unwilling to do.

SkinDiesel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the stuff from the Italian Farmacia Parati the same liposomal stuff as the H&W product does anyone know?

br1

Reaction score
TBH I am not sure if I want to try 1% after the German forum guy is saying they're doing maximum 0.033% and might get my doctor to call them with that instead. Hasson & Wong's dose is equivalent to taking 25mg finasteride every day, isn't it? I think you should hold off until there is forum consensus on just what concentration this should have if you're aiming for a dose that is more or less topically equivalent to 0.25mg-0.5mg ED orally.

For people who want this in the US I recommend finding yourself a naturopathic DO or MD who will test your hormones and then write an Rx for it. Reason being that naturopaths are mostly hippies and willing to do things regular doctors and dermatologists are unwilling to do.
My GP was willing to do a hormonal panel exam for me when I asked for.

I had done one with a naturopath before (one of those saliva kits you can buy yourself), and my dr said these tests are remarkably unreliable.. And, they usually give higher than normal results for Estrogen. He recommended a blood exam.

Last edited:

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My GP was willing to do a hormonal panel exam for me when I asked for.

I had done one with a naturopath before (one of those saliva kits you can buy yourself), and my dr said these tests are remarkably unreliable.. And, they usually give higher than normal results for Estrogen. He recommended a blood exam.
This is accurate. Generally speaking most of the things naturopaths push are bullshit.
Thank you for the update.

How is your experience regarding the application of the cream?
The biggest issue thus far is as a diffuse thinner there's simply not enough vehicle per-application to cover the total area. This can be solved by having a shaved head - and preferentially using more vehicle. For my next batch I'm going to essentially ask for .5% at twice the volume to solve this issue. If you're only thinning at the crown and a bit at the front then this would be less of an issue.
Can you be more detailed.

What were you side effects on oral fina?

What are you minimal side effects on this?
Oral fina I had very watery ejaculate within a few days of trying it - that was the first sign to come and first sign to go when I stopped. After about two weeks I began to experience an intense increase in libido, followed by a massive drop at three weeks and my erection quality along with it. At around four weeks I pulled myself off by lowering the dose slowly to zero. Took me 2 months to return to 90% function, the last 10% was probably mostly mental and came back with confidence in the bedroom over the next 4-6 months.

My side effects on this thus far has been watery ejaculate, but not nearly as watery as when I was on oral finasteride. Some mild libido changes, and +/- erection changes (sometimes I think there is, sometimes I think there isn't - could be total nocebo effect).
Basically milder forms of my past ones.

The dose is equivalent to taking 25mg fina if you were inserting that directly into your blood stream. If 2.5% was really that much, or 1% really was the equivalent to a 10mg dose per-day then how in the hell would people have LESS side effects? This is a liposomal application and thus its absorbance systemically is much lower, and slower. You can read Hasson & Wong's small study of their patients that tried this application at 2.5% every day - their DHT Inhibition ranged from 5-50%, far lower rates than oral finasteride of 1mg every day.

The wide variability is likely due to individual differences in application, and individual differences in peoples ability to systemically absorb from the skin - which one can't really possibly know. They also did the study over a month to account for the multiplicative effects of taking finasteride on DHT inhibition.

All this to say - I want to try and use the cream for its hypothetical local effects on AR inhibition (some people have falsely claimed these receptors do not exist in scalp derma - they're verifiably wrong.) As well I want to inhibit some systemic DHT, but not to the same extent as oral finasteride. The biggest issue with oral finasteride is pill splitting does next to nothing for you - even a quarter tab is going to inhibit DHT in the area of 55-70% regardless, and below quarter tabs it's pretty difficult to accurately pill cut. This topical at least allows you to titrate the systemic effect to a lower dose. The systemic effect is still going to be there, but weakened - thus it won't be as effective as 1mg finasteride, but you also should have less systemic side effects.

How effective it will be is all hypothetical at this point. I've been on rogaine and nizoral for 1.5 years now. I realize my only hope at stopping and regaining hair would be likely through oral finasteride, but I don't want to sacrifice my sexual health for that sh*t. With this regimen I'm titrating very little side-effects (the ones I have now don't bother me and they may go away after 3-4 months of use anyway), and perhaps greatly slowing down my hair loss. This will allow me to take part in either potentially hair-saving procedures in the future with a maintained baseline, or a good hair transplant.
Is the stuff from the Italian Farmacia Parati the same liposomal stuff as the H&W product does anyone know?
There's a link on the Hasson & Wong site to Farmacia Parati, so it should be the same stuff.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it is .

Infact they are now testing topical liposomal dutasteride and is available as well
What?! Which one is liposomal dutasteride? Hasson Wong? Couldn't they just add equol too?

nypdz

My Regimen
Reaction score
What?! Which one is liposomal dutasteride? Hasson Wong? Couldn't they just add equol too?

I have only asked Farmacia folks as I will want it delivered in Europe, and yes Farmacia have liposomal finasteride or dutasteride.

i am certain Hasson & Wong will have it too.

Results on Hassons website for topical finasteride are impressive , i can only imagine topical liposomal dutasteride having greater results ( with greater sides of course :p )

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have said this before in the thread but think it's worth repeating. I got severe sides (gyno, mild ED) from even 0.25mg finasteride every 3 days. I have been on this at 0.1% for almost a year now. It's hard to say how much affect it's having as I've also had a hair transplant but one thing for sure is I am extremely sensitive to finasteride and I don't get any side effects on this. Whether the dose is strong enough to actually be doing anything is another matter.

nypdz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have said this before in the thread but think it's worth repeating. I got severe sides (gyno, mild ED) from even 0.25mg finasteride every 3 days. I have been on this at 0.1% for almost a year now. It's hard to say how much affect it's having as I've also had a hair transplant but one thing for sure is I am extremely sensitive to finasteride and I don't get any side effects on this. Whether the dose is strong enough to actually be doing anything is another matter.

Have your shock lossed hair from transplant grown back to be thick and cannot find any loss of density in part between transplanted hair and natural hairline ? Yes means it has worked well

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have your shock lossed hair from transplant grown back to be thick and cannot find any loss of density in part between transplanted hair and natural hairline ? Yes means it has worked well

There has been a slight loss of density in the crown, it may be too weak a concentration but any higher and I get finasteride sides. Still, there's 1mg per application in the 0.1% form and on oral I was getting sides at 1/16th of a normal dose, it shows to me that sides are lessened with this and it could be effective for some with a stronger dosage.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using 3-4 clicks 2.5% liposome finasteride. NO Side effects! f*** my gf 3-4 with hard dick, no prob.

I had sides with 1mg oral daily and to quit! Couldnt get it up etc.

Only thing I dont know is how long to leave it on the scalp. I leave it on over night so roughly 8-10h enough ?

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been a month and half that I'm on it close to two.
Still not a single one f*****g side effect or worsening of my condition.
Still losing like 10 to 30 per day and sometimes none. Don't know if it's slowing down this sh*t or just shedding.
I had sides with 1mg.
I use the 2.5%.

Ps : I only use Fina topical gel. Nothing else.

INT

Reaction score
Thanks to all the guys that are taking their time to give us an update. Keep em coming:)!

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Still losing like 10 to 30 per day and sometimes none. Don't know if it's slowing down this sh*t or just shedding.
I had sides with 1mg.
I use the 2.5%.

Man, if you're at 10 to 30 hairs, even with an error range up to 50 hairs, I'd call that a fuckin success, treatment or not. Good luck with it, though.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, if you're at 10 to 30 hairs, even with an error range up to 50 hairs, I'd call that a fuckin success, treatment or not. Good luck with it, though.

Since it's new and tested since 2017/2018, I won't call it a sucess. But I won't hide that I'm very surprised with the minimal to no side effects.
We should look at it in a few years if fina molecule doesn't accumulate in blood or if maintenace starts to fail after few years.
But for short term yes and only for slowing down/maintenace, I guess this is a sucess. We're far from the Saint Graal.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have couple questions:
1) Is there someone with diffuse thinning who managed to regrow something or stop further thinning using H&W topical Finasteride?
2) About prescription. (Prescription form is available here). What is "CPSBC ID #"?
3) How much does it cost?

nypdz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had sides with 1mg.
I use the 2.5%.

Gonna get it soon , how often do you use it ?