Success with HairSoReal (pics)

wheresbaldo

Reaction score
I've been lurking these forums for a few years now and have finally decided to join to show some success I've had with HairSoReal. In the past I have used Dermatch w/mascara brush and had great results but only with buzzed hair (some may find that strange, but it looked great!). So now I've grown my hair and used this "powder" on product and can't believe how easy and time-efficient it is. Here are some before and after pictures...please note that I only spent about 20 seconds applying this on so it may not look perfect and the color may look a bit off because of the lighting, but you get the idea. I haven't spent more than 2 minutes with my hair before going out on a Saturday night.

befnw2.jpg

frontcloseyi7.jpg

frontfw2.jpg

frontsidecloserf0.jpg

Great product and it's super cheap...just give it a try! Glad to be a part of this community now

stevemcqueen

Reaction score
looks good. I used to use dermmatch all over the top of my head and then sprinkle on hairsoreal on top. I buzzed my head grade 3 all over and it looked great.

I shaved my head to the bone this summer and have kept it like that. I think I'm going to grow my hair again.

Anyone have any tips to conceal my hair while i'm waiting for it to grow back to a grade 3? Should take a month and I'm about a N5, so big horseshoe effect going on. I think I will try the mascara idea.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I used hair-so-real and its a legit product. Good stuff. Toppik seems to fit my hair color a little bit better, but its good stuff! Cheaper too.

s.a.f

Reaction score
stevemcqueen said:
Anyone have any tips to conceal my hair while i'm waiting for it to grow back to a grade 3? Should take a month and I'm about a N5, so big horseshoe effect going on. I think I will try the mascara idea.

You sure you know what nw5 is? How can a nw5 use concealers? :dunno:

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed with the results. i'd go as far as saying they're the most impressive concealer results I've ever seen!

How is rain and other crap like that for you?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
stevemcqueen said:

You sure you know what nw5 is? How can a nw5 use concealers? :dunno:

Well if you are a slick bald NW5 then nothing can save you, but if you are thinning in the NW5 pattern then obviously concealers can be magic.

CCS

Reaction score
How did his hairline fill in so much in the corners? That is hair, not concealer. I don't see anything on his scalp either.

If you put your hands in your hair, does hairsoreal get on your hands a lot or fall off the hair?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
well its just like toppik, the more hair you have the better it will look, and nothing works on bare skin. You pat your hair down after you apply, or whatever, and then apply hairspray to lock it in. nothing to it, and much less messy then dermatch, although I like both products.

Reaction score
Do you have to pat it down? I ask because I was thinking of using it but I gel and spike my hair.
So it'd b hard to pat it down since I'd probably gel and spike my hair first then use Hair-So real.

or can be done the other way around? use hairso-real first then pat it down then gel and spike it?
..would it work like this? :S

ShedMaster

Reaction score
you can experiment with both methods, but I highly recommend applying the hair-so-quick 1st, then the gel and spike your hair.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
This is an odd question, but what type of packaging did it come in? I live with 2 roomates and I'd prefer to keep them in the dark about my concealing (not that they don't know I'm losing, but hey, there are things dudes don't talk about =p).

Also, is it sold in any stores? My Google search says no, but I had to ask.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Hey I understand, its comes in a box that says exactly "Hair-So-Real" on the shipping label. so you might want to ship to a different address or make sure you are home when it gets there if that is a concern.

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
you can experiment with both methods, but I highly recommend applying the hair-so-quick 1st, then the gel and spike your hair.

Thanks for the reply:)

so it doesnt come of easily when you run your hand through your hair?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a question I've always wondered about these concealers too - as I like to use products also.

Most of the concealers of the HairSoReal type say that you have to sprinkle it on, pat it down AND apply a locking hair spray for it not to fall off everywhere. This isn't really compatible with using product but I guess the only way to know if styling your hair, sprinkling on HairSoReal and then hairspray over the product is to try...

:roll:

ShedMaster

Reaction score
young and balding said:
ShedMaster said:

Thanks for the reply:)

so it doesnt come of easily when you run your hand through your hair?

nah man, if thats your only concern then don't worry about it. It will not come out. Using anything will help to keep the concealer on your hair, gels.. hair spray... putty...anything. It does a good job of sticking to your hair anyways.

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
nah man, if thats your only concern then don't worry about it. It will not come out. Using anything will help to keep the concealer on your hair, gels.. hair spray... putty...anything. It does a good job of sticking to your hair anyways.

Thanks for the reply:) Sounds great. I may just order some now and try it out:)

Thanks again

wheresbaldo

Reaction score
Good to see some interest in this stuff. Let me first state that I'm retiring from the concealers and going with a piece instead. Various reasons behind this move but the most is the lack of activity with concealers. You can make yourself look great with them but in reality, they are very temporary and go from 'roots to rash' in a second. By that I mean if there is heavy (not light) rain then it will start to vanish and collect up like wet lint. Secondly if you want to ever get intimate or just enjoy some personal time with someone then you will have to keep an eye on their hands at all times since it will come off with a firm rub of the head. Luckily I have not suffered any embarrassment using concealers but have done tests to assure my educated guesses (and common sense) to be accurate.

If you are a TV anchorperson, model, or hermit...then I suggest this for you but if you are active and need something that will stand up to head rubbing and storms then you might want to look into something else. I still recommend this product but just not to everyone. I've been able to pull off a great look with this product with even a buzzed haircut (a centimeter!). It's all about being the artist and your head being the canvas. Though I will be over that soon enough once I get the "canvas sheet" for my head. Good luck with this, it's worth and shot and is cheap enough to buy. It also works great on temple hair too!