Success oral dutasteride and oral min

Johnshaker

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Success with topical dutasteride and oral Minoxidil.

A brief little history,

Starting thinning at 22 and started finasteride. Worked great and maintained my hair for 7 years. Side effects started, and then stopped immediately. I recovered about 6 months after, however lost alot of hair.

I decided maybe the side effects was in my head and got on dutasteride and minoxidil. Funny thing, the opposite happened with dutasteride, libido went through the roof and hair regrew to even better pre-thinning days.
About 6 months on dutasteride, things went south and started losing hair and sexual sides started again.

A year later hair was in terrible shape and still suffering sides but only minor. So I stopped completely for a year.

Back in middle December I figured what the hell, let's try another regiment. Decided to try topical dutasteride and oral minoxidil ( 5 mg daily) . 2.5 month later, hair is growing back. As of now no sides and hair is looking good. Here are two pics, one from December when I started and the other this morning.

I buy topical dutasteride from regrowth labs, and oral min from an online pharmacy from Thailand.

I usually don't spend time on here but thought I needed to post this, and sorry if I don't reply right away!

Just realized I said oral dutasteride in the thread title, that is a mistake. TOPICAL dutasteride is what I use. Idont know how to change the thread title,

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210304-152233_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210304-152233_Gallery.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,737
  • SmartSelect_20210304-152415_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210304-152415_Gallery.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,733
Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think finding that sweet spot of scalp dht inhibition is the key to success. Oral dutasteride and finasteride did their thing but weren’t enough, topical dutasteride was the regimen that worked out for you and also minimized sides.

Johnshaker

Reaction score
Yeahb
I think finding that sweet spot of scalp dht inhibition is the key to success. Oral dutasteride and finasteride did their thing but weren’t enough, topical dutasteride was the regimen that worked out for you and also minimized sides.
To be honest I give a lot of credit to the oral min as well. I was diffuse thinning in the sides and back as well and that has now thickened. I don't apply the topical dutasteride on those areas so I can only imagine it's the min. But then again it could be the dutasteride going systemically

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeahb

To be honest I give a lot of credit to the oral min as well. I was diffuse thinning in the sides and back as well and that has now thickened. I don't apply the topical dutasteride on those areas so I can only imagine it's the min. But then again it could be the dutasteride going systemically
I figure topical dutasteride goes somewhat into the skin layers and spreads around, but yes it could also be the oral min.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results
What is your topical dutasteride dose and regimen?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was loniten oral minoxidil that gave you the real results not the dutasteride. I have read some that claimed great regrowth and thickening from oral minoxidil. That was your true savior because u already had results from oral dutasteride and then it stopped working. Adding topical dutasteride wouldn't make much or any difference to your hair. So I think it was mostly the oral minoxidill. Studies has even shown that oral dutasteride outperformed topical dutasteride and mesotherapy. The sad part of this is your face will age much faster than usuall because Oral minoxidil will reduce collagen production throughout your whole body including the face of course, this is why I'm reluctant to use it. And yes studies has shown that it does infact reduce collagen production.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was loniten oral minoxidil that gave you the real results not the dutasteride. I have read some that claimed great regrowth and thickening from oral minoxidil. That was your true savior because u already had results from oral dutasteride and then it stopped working. Adding topical dutasteride wouldn't make much or any difference to your hair. So I think it was mostly the oral minoxidill. Studies has even shown that oral dutasteride outperformed topical dutasteride and mesotherapy. The sad part of this is your face will age much faster than usuall because Oral minoxidil will reduce collagen production throughout your whole body including the face of course, this is why I'm reluctant to use it. And yes studies has shown that it does infact reduce collagen production.
Janey opts for the best hair over collagen.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started oral minoxidil. Oral dutasteride 2mg a day has only slowed down balding.
I just started with Loreal collagen formula for my under-eye area and I have been experimenting with taking a lower dose of oral min only in the mornings since puffy eyes appear to be a morning/sleep phenomenon.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started with Oil of Olay collagen formula for my under-eye area and I have been experimenting with taking a lower dose of oral min only in the mornings since puffy eyes appear to be a morning/sleep phenomenon.
I'm drinking collagen powder and using tretionin on face to combat the collagen loss from minoxidil. For me poor sleep often causes puffy eyes and dark circles. I never get it from minoxidil ever.