Study: A new RU58841 for Topical Application?

G

OK.. sound cool, but....
Where do I get it and how do i mix it.. If I want this RUM!!

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:
OK.. sound cool, but....
Where do I get it and how do i mix it.. If I want this RUM!!

the RUM have been developed by Dr. Marty Sewaya she is one good lady who is a dermatologist and who cares about hair loss and she is trying to find a cure for it....all her articals and research journals are trust worthy...you can check her interview about this product here:

http://www.hairloss-research.org/sawaya.html
but this interview is very old i am not sure how old but at least 3-5 years old...

she works at Roussel Uclaf but i am not sure if she still works there....this is the company that hold the RUM patent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roussel_Uclaf

if someone know anything about this product please share..

poor guys they got all excited about it:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=17382

i am not sure if this product is going to even make it

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This product is already available from a company in china in the raw powder form and people are mixing it, and using it with results, including myself. I cant wait untill its commercially available and in a pre-made solution.

2guard

Reaction score
stax,
i'm interested in ordering it as well, could you provide the information on that company in china and how you mix it as well?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
mu0325 said:
the RUM have been developed by Dr. Marty Sewaya she is one good lady who is a dermatologist and who cares about hair loss and she is trying to find a cure for it....

I don't think Sawaya had anything at all to do with "RUM".

mu0325 said:
she works at Roussel Uclaf but i am not sure if she still works there...

As far as I know, she's never worked for Roussel Uclaf.

Bryan

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2guard, i'll send you that info.

Bryan, i just wanted to ask you this question one last time. The only studies i found said that a combination of 5% RU and 5% Minoxidil grew hair in as little as one month. They dont state wheather it was in the same solution or not. Is there anyway i could find out if this would work and RU wouldnt go bunk if mixed with minoxidil? The only chemicals i know that interact with each other is Minoxidil and spironolactone, but minoxidil and flutamide, 17A Estradiol, ect, can be mixed with minoxidil with no problems. So why would RU be any different?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stax, it would PROBABLY be ok to mix them together, but there would always be that nagging little doubt in the back of my mind.

One way to find out for sure might be to get it straight from the horse's mouth by contacting Hideo Uno and simply asking him if that's what he did. I used to have his home phone number, but don't any longer (my computer crashed a year ago, and I lost all the info on it). I had gotten his number from my pal "maneless". Another possible way might be to contact the Journal of Investigative Dermatology and see if you can sweet-talk them into sending you a full copy of Uno's study, but it seems rather doubtful that they'd do that.

Bryan

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Bryan, thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate it. I havent heard of "Hideo Uno" before, very interesting. Can you still get in contact with "maneless"? It would be great to get that info. The only reason i want to mix them is because im spending to much time with topicals, and its not going to work out with my new work hours. Plus, its keeping my mind on hairloss too much.

I have to be honest though, i dont know if its the 1 month ive been on RU and almost the same amount of time on Tricomin ( minus a few days ), but i just shaved my head last week and started MSM 2 weeks ago and my hair is looking thicker forsure. I said this before, but i added Spin Trap C about 2 or more months ago along with switching from 5% Xandrox, to 5% Xandrox with Retin-A, so those can be the result of my thickening aswell. I think im a respnder to RU to i dont want to fully drop it out of my regimen.

So this is the ingredients in the minoxidil i want to mix RU with. Can you let me know if you think this solution would be good for delivery of the RU?

5% Minoxidil (50 mg minoxidil / mL) plus 0.025% retinoic acid in a liquid
base of 50% alcohol, 30% propylene glycol, and 20% water

This would be okay right? And i would mix 2.5 grams of RU per 60 ml to make the RU a 5% solution?

Thanks Bryan!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh heavens, Dr. Hideo Uno is the researcher most closely associated with all the stumptailed macaque studies on RU58841. We should just call him "Mr. Macaque"! :D He's been the author of a few other hairloss studies, too, involving other things like minoxidil and various experimental drugs like latanaprost.

I also lost maneless's email address in my computer crash. You can probably get in touch with him by posting something to his attention on one of the hairloss sites. I don't think he posts here, but I've seen him post occasionally on hairsite, if I remember correctly. Try the "topical" forum.

The vehicle you specified is probably ok, although the addition of any water at all is likely to degrade the solubility some. One of the vehicles that was used in one of the macaque studies was a simple 50/50 alcohol/PPG mix, so that's what I personally use for dissolving most stuff like spironolactone and other fat-soluble drugs.

Bryan

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bryan, for your help. I'll try to contact "maneless at hairsite. Im going to register an account there.

So by degrading the solubility, you mean degrading the potency of the RU, if water is added? Do you know of any other 5% minoxidil liquid solutions that contain retin-a, other than Dr.Lee's? Thanks!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I mean it would reduce the amount of RU that the vehicle is able to dissolve. I suggest that if you do decide to use RU that way, watch carefully to make sure that it dissolves completely.

There are probably other docs selling minoxidil + Retin-A, besides Dr. Lee. A Google search would probably find them.

Bryan

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
i too would be interested in where you get this stuff--so stax could you message me that as well.

i am just using minoxidil from dr. lee right now and have most all of my hair as far as coverage, but it is thinner all over (diffuse) and minoxidil is doing okay, but i think adding something to fight the inherent cause would be good too.

anyway, thanks.

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
looking through all 8 pages there is one address an earlier poster put on this thread...is that the same place stax gets the RU?

and three general questions:

approximately what is the monthly coat?
are these people pretty reliable for ordering it?
how "safe" do people figure this is--in other words does anyone have reason to worry about using it?

thanks again you guys.

2guard

Reaction score
Thanks stax for the info. Looks like a batch of 10 grams comes out to $300 ($30/gram) but shipping is $90! Does anyone in the USA want to order with me so we can split on shipping? When it arrives I can ship it to the other person through USPS which should be pretty cheap. Anyone that's interested pm me, thx.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, I called Dr.Klein and he said that his Re-Mox Spray contains 50% Alcohol, 24% PPG, No Water, and the rest ingredients to help with penetration or whatever. Do you think this vehicle would be better to mix and disolve the RU in rather than Dr.Lee's Minoxidil that i listed earlier?

Im having a hard time finding a 5% Minoxidil with Retin-A that contains close to a 50/50 mix of Alcohol and PPG.

Thanks for your help!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stax, it's impossible to predict which one would dissolve it better, without actually trying them out. I wouldn't sweat the details too much if I were you. Just get one or the other and TEST it to make sure that the RU dissolves sufficiently well to the 5% level (not that I feel there's anything particularly magical about that 5% number! :wink: ).

Just take a smaller amount of the minoxidil solution and stick it in a small clear glass bottle of some sort, then add enough RU to make 5%, then watch carefully as you stir it to make sure that it all dissolves. If it doesn't completely dissolve, you'll have to back-off a little bit on the strength, or try the other brand of minoxidil. It's no big deal, really.

Bryan

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
stax and bryan...or others that want to chime in.
i am going to spend a little (more) money i guess. i basically have a full head of hwair (no bald spot) that is diffusing pretty evenly. if i could just halt it now, i'd be okay with it.

i have been just using minoxidil for about 18 months...and as expected it hasn't stopped progression really.

i am going to add proctor's stuff or the RU stuff.

do you have an opinion on which is better in my case? i probably cannot afford both.

thanks guys