Struggling To Accept It's Over For Me?

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you on that. It’s also the reason a cure isn’t likely any time soon. We are nowhere near the point of genetic editing for embryos, let alone fully developed human beings. At this point, the notion of somehow curing this or any other genetically rooted issue is the stuff of science fiction. With this kind of tech, we would be able to wipe out hereditary cancers

At this point, we don’t know enough about this field to even determine if it’s possible to deactivate an incorporated gene. Even if we assume the answer to be yes, the technology required for something like that hasn’t even been conceptualized. You can’t build a machine without knowing what it’s supposed to do or the machinations that would enable it to do so.

Honestly, its far more likely that we will “cure” future generations by intervening in utero and preventing its expression than it is that there will ever be a way to remove it from a fully developed human being.
Yeah, you are probably right. I'll just switch from finasteride to dutasteride soon, keep poppin' that pill FOREVER, no matter the sides, and get a transplant for my frontal third. That's my cure. NO hair NO life.

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive said the same thing forever. There are links to male pattern baldness and depression so how is it not considered a genetic condition. There are literally zero benefits and nothing but negatives to it.
It's awful, especially in the modern day with so much attention given to aesthetics. The paranoia, stress, rejection and discrimination (I'm not talking just about the blatant kind, but the subtle form) that young members of the hair loss community have to suffer with is just terrible. It's one of the last bastions of political incorrectness, as I don't think awareness of the condition is still quite there yet. You can still get away with making bald jokes with no consequences.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's awful, especially in the modern day with so much attention given to aesthetics. The paranoia, stress, rejection and discrimination (I'm not talking just about the blatant kind, but the subtle form) that young members of the hair loss community have to suffer with is just terrible. It's one of the last bastions of political incorrectness, as I don't think awareness of the condition is still quite there yet. You can still get away with making bald jokes with no consequences.

over the early summer I was running in my area and came up behind a school bus. Some kid prob around 14-16 came off the bus. He had some of the most thin and diffuse hair I have ever seen. At his age and in high school I could only imagine his life. I was sincerely crushed and Im normally am not a super empathetic person. I hope Im wrong but I could only imagine that depression, and he himself did not look like a happy camper.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol hair loss sites are so toxic. Only one step above sluthate and lookism tbh
You done bitching? I didnt say Im some misanthrope that hate people, I just kinda numb. Hairloss sucked all my empathy, ye it fucked me up and I know it.
But when I see some bald guy thay look really bad Im more like saying to myself "what the f*** how you dont care walking around like that? Get a transplant, put a hat, wear a wig, anything but walking looking like crap..."
I really cant understand people that just accept this situation sorry

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not seen as a disease because it isn’t one. It’s a naturally occurring genetic condition.

Cancer is also a naturally occurring genetic condition. There is only one way this is going to get cured: legal recognition. Someone needs to use their hair transplant as a tax deduction, be denied by the IRS/CRA/whatever, and then appeal. There needs to be witnesses, professionals, etc. who insist and can prove that their hair loss is having a depression and anxiety causing effect. If the appeal is overturned, then hair loss is now an allowable claim. Once it is an allowable claim, it is a disease. If it is a disease, insurance companies must cover it. Once insurance companies cover it, there is money to be made in treating and curing it.

Hey I think I just solved hair loss

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cancer is also a naturally occurring genetic condition. There is only one way this is going to get cured: legal recognition. Someone needs to use their hair transplant as a tax deduction, be denied by the IRS/CRA/whatever, and then appeal. There needs to be witnesses, professionals, etc. who insist and can prove that their hair loss is having a depression and anxiety causing effect. If the appeal is overturned, then hair loss is now an allowable claim. Once it is an allowable claim, it is a disease. If it is a disease, insurance companies must cover it. Once insurance companies cover it, there is money to be made in treating and curing it.

Hey I think I just solved hair loss

v**** is considered a 'life style product' by medical insurances even though it is a prerequisite for some men to start a family. What you suggest is never going to happen.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
v**** is considered a 'life style product' by medical insurances even though it is a prerequisite for some men to start a family. What you suggest is never going to happen.

It is most certainly covered if the doctor has indicated that your ED is caused by an underlying medical issue and the drug treats the symptom. If your simply an old man that just wants to perform like a young man, or you want to make sure you can go a round after a bottle of jack daniels, then yeah its probably not covered.

The case can be made that ED drugs are only required when you need them. Its not like there is a condition you can't control that causes your junk to get smaller and more disfigured over time for no reason unless you keep taking ED drugs or get surgery to fix it.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is most certainly covered if the doctor has indicated that your ED is caused by an underlying medical issue and the drug treats the symptom. If your simply an old man that just wants to perform like a young man, or you want to make sure you can go a round after a bottle of jack daniels, then yeah its probably not covered.

That's just factually wrong, at least in Germany. Don't just pull things out of your ***, mate.

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just factually wrong, at least in Germany. Don't just pull things out of your ***, mate.
I think he's got a point at least here in canada its covered in certain circumstance, all countries different - - In canada its very difficult to get dutasteride, but in the states its no problem. In very feminist liberal countries in Europe I hear guys having trouble even getting finasteride. In fact, they are trying to ban finasteride in france. The more liberal the country = less attention to mens health issues. Genetically lesser men have no need for hair or erections.

INT

Reaction score
In very feminist liberal countries in Europe I hear guys having trouble even getting finasteride. In fact, they are trying to ban finasteride in france. The more liberal the country = less attention to mens health issues. Genetically lesser men have no need for hair or erections.

Dumbest post of the week.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One could argue these countries care more about the health of their men by warning them or trying to ban fina.

Meanwhile in the US the pharma sector is the biggest lobby sector. Even bigger than finance...

Actually, what he’s saying is true; there is a favouritism or women in many countries, especially with physical issues such as acne and hair loss. In fact, my dermatologist only prescribed me dutasteride because I told her that I’m self-medicating on bicalutamide and estradiol. On the other hand, women have multiple options, including flutamide - one of the most liver toxic anti-androgens out there.

They do not take males seriously whatsoever.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
lmao thats literally you. "disfigured" when you cant even see your hair loss at the WORST possible angle. just L O L

Sure buddy, keep hitting that dislike button. ;)

Your impotent butthurt gives me energy.