Stopped Finasteride - Constant Urge To Pee

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months it started randomly out of the blue then I started getting pain near base of penis and went away. I got tested for everything no stds. No infection. I even took a 10 day course of Cipro regardless no help.

I think t might also be related pelvic floor dysfunction who knows I haven’t seen a Uro yet. Getting a boner makes the symptoms go away. Sometimes symptoms are worse laying down or sitting.

I took 3 days off of find didn’t do anything so I got back on and then a day or two later symptoms really faded for like an entire day but now they are on and off

It sounds like you have benign prostatic hyperplasia, something also caused by dht.

Perhaps it's not finasteride causing it, but elevated dht that is causing both the prostate problems and the hair loss?

Finasteride should alleviate these over time.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like you have benign prostatic hyperplasia, something also caused by dht.

Perhaps it's not finasteride causing it, but elevated dht that is causing both the prostate problems and the hair loss?

Finasteride should alleviate these over time.

Nope they checked my prostate is no where near benign

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for the past few days. Literally microdosing 0.25 and I got this weird pain in my lower abdomen area, more of a pressure, like I need to pee.
Should I stop? It's really a annoying feeling. I'm not imagining it. I've never had this. I'm not a hypochondriac. I want to use finasteride. My hairloss has stopped almost immediately.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for the past few days. Literally microdosing 0.25 and I got this weird pain in my lower abdomen area, more of a pressure, like I need to pee.
Should I stop? It's really a annoying feeling. I'm not imagining it. I've never had this. I'm not a hypochondriac. I want to use finasteride. My hairloss has stopped almost immediately.
Had the exact same thing. Are u masturbaring or having sex?

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I can get an erection, it's not weaker than before. I was really happy.
Ejaculations feel a bit weird, like I can feel the sperm coming up more, if that makes sense. It's fine though, I enjoyed it.

The pressure isn't noticeable sometimes. Like I was busy during a talk today for like an hour and I didn't notice it. So that makes me question myself. But on my way back home, I was definitely feeling it again and have been feeling it for a few hours now.

There was also a pain in the first two days in the very tip of my penis. It's gone away and that's why I'm questioning myself. I promised myself not to be one of those people who go on a forum a few days after starting this but this is a very unusual side effect that my doctor didn't tell me about and it's not mentioned in the leaflet. So maybe it's just my body adjusting?

Honestly this is a very annoying situation. If I had to decide between taking finasteride and this pressure, I will definitely stop this medication.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I can get an erection, it's not weaker than before. I was really happy.
Ejaculations feel a bit weird, like I can feel the sperm coming up more, if that makes sense. It's fine though, I enjoyed it.

The pressure isn't noticeable sometimes. Like I was busy during a talk today for like an hour and I didn't notice it. So that makes me question myself. But on my way back home, I was definitely feeling it again and have been feeling it for a few hours now.

There was also a pain in the first two days in the very tip of my penis. It's gone away and that's why I'm questioning myself. I promised myself not to be one of those people who go on a forum a few days after starting this but this is a very unusual side effect that my doctor didn't tell me about and it's not mentioned in the leaflet. So maybe it's just my body adjusting?

Honestly this is a very annoying situation. If I had to decide between taking finasteride and this pressure, I will definitely stop this medication.

I am not asking if you can get hard. I am asking if you masturbate and have sex and how often ? I’ve noticed when I stop maturating and having sex after two days the symptoms almost go away 100%.

Dht is needed to maintain Genital and prostate lowering it make it more difficult for the body to maintain the tissue. So the more we use the tissue the harder it is. Plus Finasteride increases anxiety because it also lowers pregnolone which comes from progesterone. So not only are we experiencing physical side effects but the side effects are exacerbated but the anxiety.

My suggestion is reduce masturbation and sex and take GABA. And tell me how you do.

Every symptom you are talking about I had! I got tested for every std and even diabetes nothing was wrong

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I have masturbated and had sex. Almost daily, not both on the same day.

What's GABA?

Did your problems go away?

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what if I have sex again? Or want to masturbate? Are they doing to come back?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what if I have sex again? Or want to masturbate? Are they doing to come back?

They might idk. I haven’t tested this yet. I haven’t gone more than 3 days without masturbating and every time I masturbate it comes back. Maybe I need wait a week? Or more? And then I can masturbate just not often

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mh, that's just not worth it for me. Like, if my dick wasn't as hard as it used to be or if I had the infamous watery c*m, I could accept that as part of the deal.

But this is a near-constant softly annoying thing that's just bothering me. If my body is like that on finasteride it is not worth it for me. Which is a shame because I can tell already that sh*t works wonders, even on 0.25, and I felt pretty great about that and running my fingers through my hair without literally any shedding. I have mild hairloss anyway, so I figure I won't be completely bald anytime soon which might factor into my decision here.

I will go to a doctor tomorrow though and get an ultrasound check on my prostate and bladder and ask him for advice. If I have BPH, I read I have to take finasteride anyway. lol

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
i thought i'd give an update. So it look's like i definitely have overactive bladder, a chronic condition that causes the discomfort of urgency to pee.
Bladder training hasnt worked, so im taking medication which reduces the symptoms but doesn't get rid of it. I'm also taking cbd oil for it.

i might hop back onto finasteride in 3-4 months.

just going to try different things for my overactive bladder such as accupuncture, hypnotherpy etc

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i thought i'd give an update. So it look's like i definitely have overactive bladder, a chronic condition that causes the discomfort of urgency to pee.
Bladder training hasnt worked, so im taking medication which reduces the symptoms but doesn't get rid of it. I'm also taking cbd oil for it.

i might hop back onto finasteride in 3-4 months.

just going to try different things for my overactive bladder such as accupuncture, hypnotherpy etc

Sorry to hear that man. Hope it clear some up. I ended up staying on finasteride. Symptoms just mostly went a way. Now I have the symptoms maybe like once a week for like a few mins and that’s it. I think its related to anxiety. Glutamine takes care of my anxiety

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. Hope it clear some up. I ended up staying on finasteride. Symptoms just mostly went a way. Now I have the symptoms maybe like once a week for like a few mins and that’s it. I think its related to anxiety. Glutamine takes care of my anxiety

100% same. I went down to 0.25mg a day and it all went away. I upped the dose now to 0.5 and while the sides "feel" like coming back slightly (slight pressure on the bladder once a week, nipple pain yesterday for the first time), I think I'll try to stay here. It's gotta be anxiety because when I'm not focusing on it, it's not noticeable.

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks, its the original poster here.
So i have overactive bladder, urgency to pee and sensation mainly in the penis. I've tried a few different meds and they havent worked. Pelvic floor exercises havent work. I'm going back to the urologist after the end of my current course of pills run out and ask for other meds / alternate therapy.

my temple recession has got worse so im thinking of going back on finasteride soon, i was on it for 4 months and the number of hairs falling out considerably reduced, only side effect i noticed was watery seamen if you discount the overactive bladder.
im 33 and hoping to have kids in the future so hoping the watery seamen is not a big issue.