Still Losing Ground On The Big Three

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on rogaine since February and findestrade 1mg March and nirzoal every over day but I’m still losing ground what can do is their anything else help

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have some patience some people are slow responders. Although you could try derma rolling lightly to improve absorption.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Calm down, I'm on finasteride since November 17 and still losing hair like sh*t. You are taking finasteride for 3 month man..

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Calm down, I'm on finasteride since November 17 and still losing hair like sh*t. You are taking finasteride for 3 month man..
How’s it going mate I see do you know how long till wait before you decide it’s jusy not working ?

el_duterino

Reaction score
these drugs work well on healthy follicles
what Norwood are you ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
el dutasteride ; according to you fina and minoxidil can only saved healthy thick hair ? the miniaturized one can't be saved ? because i keep on miniaturizing hair on fina+minoxidil !
even my healthy hair are miniaturizing .

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months is no time at all. Hair grows in cycles. I’ve been on finasteride 1mg daily for just over a year now and I’ve been washing my hair with a ketoconazole based shampoo three times a week for six months. I’m confident all of my existing hair is back in the anagen phase now. Regrowth is another matter and will probably take time.

el_duterino

Reaction score
el dutasteride ; according to you fina and minoxidil can only saved healthy thick hair ? the miniaturized one can't be saved ? because i keep on miniaturizing hair on fina+minoxidil !
even my healthy hair are miniaturizing .
what Norwood are you ?
show us some pics pls

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2.5 heading to Norwood 3 ; more receded on right side. And my healthy hair keep miniaturizing . don't make any difference if i take 1 mg fina or 5 mg daily ( plus minoxidil daily ) . i am approaching the 4 year mark of treatment . I know that duta is the next logical step but i got gyno with fina .

el_duterino

Reaction score
for hairline loss ,anti-androgen are more effective than DHT reducers because of the Testosterone effect

i would not bother with dutasteride

worth trying either RU, CB or DARO

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay guys, it is getting annoying when every study is saying Finasteride has an 85% chance of working and everyone on this board is saying it is making their hair ten times worse or not working at all.

Can you post pictures of your hair? As humans when we focus SO MUCH on something we tend to think something is worse when it was the same as it always was or better. I have always shed a lot since I have thick hair but never thought about it until I noticed a bald spot. Now I notice hairs on my hands when I wash my hair. Does not mean treatments are NOT working. Just means I am paying more attention.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for hairline loss ,anti-androgen are more effective than DHT reducers because of the Testosterone effect

What do you mean by the “testosterone effect”?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, it is getting annoying when every study is saying Finasteride has an 85% chance of working and everyone on this board is saying it is making their hair ten times worse or not working at all.

Can you post pictures of your hair? As humans when we focus SO MUCH on something we tend to think something is worse when it was the same as it always was or better. I have always shed a lot since I have thick hair but never thought about it until I noticed a bald spot. Now I notice hairs on my hands when I wash my hair. Does not mean treatments are NOT working. Just means I am paying more attention.
I believe a majority experience success with finasteride, however, I also believe the success rate is way lower among guys between 18-25. There are mostly young guys on these boards and early hair loss often means aggressive hair loss.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Someone that has a bad experience with finasteride is more likely to go out of their way to post about it than someone who has had a good experience

el_duterino

Reaction score
What do you mean by the “testosterone effect”?
Testosterone binding to the AR and causing male pattern baldness to progress, slower than DHT but still has an effect

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I agree with @el_duterino on this one. He obviously does not know you @michel sapin when he asked for photos.:D