Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you. They showed a picture of their ISPC follicles compared to normal human follicles and they look like different creatures. They're shaped wrongly. How they will fix this is beyond me. It seems like they're headed sideways and not forward. This is very bad news. Until this can be worked out I don't even see the point in testing much in pig models. They have to figure out how to generate a follicle that looks normal first because the example they show is misshapen.

Actually, maybe Geoff Hamilton does visit this forum? I actually sent the press secretary this discussion, explaining it was 91 pages long at the time, all about Stemson. They might be curious about what's being discussed about them that they're not aware of. This in order to address the public's questions. At least we do know they are really testing in pigs now but the shame is they don't even know how to make a proper follicle. There will not be cosmetically acceptable results until this gets resolved. Now the question is has any group or scientist cloned a follicle that has a normal shape?
Yeah that picture was when the hairs were growing subdermally and not penetrating through the skin barrier. They have overcome that with the biodegradable scaffold

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that picture was when the hairs were growing subdermally and not penetrating through the skin barrier. They have overcome that with the biodegradable scaffold
Are you sure? Since you say they solved that problem years ago why would they show pics without that problem solved?

Last edited:

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that they want to use it with robots make it take wayy longerr to get to the patient :/
Not necessarily. I do not think using machines will definitely cause a big delay to get it to patients. I think the hardest part is solving all of the biological problems.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One good thing folks is that they have at least confirmed the pig studies are ongoing. That means they're done with all the mice stuff. After pigs, I think humans are next. One point I disagree with werefcked about is that he seems to be saying that clinical trials (human studies) are starting soon but the presenter said they have more work to do with the pigs.

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One good thing folks is that they have at least confirmed the pig studies are ongoing. That means they're done with all the mice stuff. After pigs, I think humans are next. One point I disagree with werefcked about is that he seems to be saying that clinical trials (human studies) are starting soon but the presenter said they have more work to do with the pigs.
I have a bit of a mixed answer to that. Stemson is currently hiring to do preparations for human trials. Yes, CEO Geoff Hamilton mentions they have to do more work on the pigs though. If only he'd mention the results they've had so far with the porcine models. He never seems to want to keep us up to date with what's going on with that. Too many unknowns for us to really know the timeline. The thing is he really should let on more about this. So many anxious people regarding hair loss are desperate to know these details.

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure? Since you say they solved that problem years ago why would they show pics without that problem solved?
Do you mean about hair penetrating through the skin? They had presented the results already of that with images

“LOS ANGELES - June 27, 2019 - Scientists from Sanford Burnham Prebys have created natural-looking hair that grows through the skin using human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), a major scientific achievement that could revolutionize the hair growth industry. The findings were presented today at the annual meeting of the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) and received a Merit Award. A newly formed company, Stemson Therapeutics, has licensed the technology.”

this article is a pretty good one stating stemsons current state

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean about hair penetrating through the skin? They had presented the results already of that with images

“LOS ANGELES - June 27, 2019 - Scientists from Sanford Burnham Prebys have created natural-looking hair that grows through the skin using human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), a major scientific achievement that could revolutionize the hair growth industry. The findings were presented today at the annual meeting of the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) and received a Merit Award. A newly formed company, Stemson Therapeutics, has licensed the technology.”

this article is a pretty good one stating stemsons current state

Thanks for that HMI 115 is the cure. I hadn't seen that article before. There was a period of a few years when I stopped searching hair loss information because things seemed bleak for a while. Now that I see this article (belatedly) and I see the info and pic in the article, I think we can have high confidence that the Stemson technology will solve the hair loss problem. After all, it's a given that iPS cells should solve the human inductivity problem and the pic in the article you just linked me to indicates their scaffold technology works to make the hairs grow out of the skin and in the correct direction. I don't see how the Stemson tech would not be a cure for hair loss. It seems obvious that it will work. I hope the human trials come soon and I hope they do trials in Asia since the Asian regulatory system allows cell-based therapies into the marketplace after phase 1.

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old is this video?
Only a couple of weeks old at most. Sadly, Geoff, as usual, makes no mention of the progress they've made with the pigs, only that they are experimenting with them. Hopefully they come up with a cure before I expire.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only a couple of weeks old at most. Sadly, Geoff, as usual, makes no mention of the progress they've made with the pigs, only that they are experimenting with them. Hopefully they come up with a cure before I expire.
A couple posters have said that the recent hires seem to indicate that Stemson is gearing up to start human trials. I hope they're right.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
send them a question and ask about stemson presentation - attendais@healthegy.com

"Typically, we reserve the viewing rights for paying registrants, but I will give you access to this one presentation as a courtesy. I hope you have a terrific Friday.

Click here for video access."
@werefckd weren't you the one who said Tsuji selling rogaine 2.0 proves he failed? The CEO of Stemson said here that they are working on Rogaine 2.0 also lol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that HMI 115 is the cure. I hadn't seen that article before. There was a period of a few years when I stopped searching hair loss information because things seemed bleak for a while. Now that I see this article (belatedly) and I see the info and pic in the article, I think we can have high confidence that the Stemson technology will solve the hair loss problem. After all, it's a given that iPS cells should solve the human inductivity problem and the pic in the article you just linked me to indicates their scaffold technology works to make the hairs grow out of the skin and in the correct direction. I don't see how the Stemson tech would not be a cure for hair loss. It seems obvious that it will work. I hope the human trials come soon and I hope they do trials in Asia since the Asian regulatory system allows cell-based therapies into the marketplace after phase 1.
UK also. They did say they are looking into the possibility of taking advantage of UK laws. The problem is their treatment technically isn't allowed for early use based on UK laws. They may need to go to Japan, but I don't think they have interest in doing that

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UK also. They did say they are looking into the possibility of taking advantage of UK laws. The problem is their treatment technically isn't allowed for early use based on UK laws. They may need to go to Japan, but I don't think they have interest in doing that
Why couldn't they run trials in multiple places? If they did that it seems like one of the places they would run trials is Asia because if they do they could get their product into the marketplace faster.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why couldn't they run trials in multiple places? If they did that it seems like one of the places they would run trials is Asia because if they do they could get their product into the marketplace faster.
Trials are expensive. They don't even know if they can raise enough money in this environment for one trial, and you need to hire people in Japan to help you navigate the bureaucracy. It's not as easy for an American startup as running trials in the UK would be

H

Reaction score
@werefckd weren't you the one who said Tsuji selling rogaine 2.0 proves he failed? The CEO of Stemson said here that they are working on Rogaine 2.0 also lol
I would think they are doing this because people dont want to wait for all their hair to fall out to get the new follicles which is what youd have to do unless you do multiple procedures.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think they are doing this because people dont want to wait for all their hair to fall out to get the new follicles which is what youd have to do unless you do multiple procedures.
Same as Tsuji, I would think they are doing it because not everyone is going to pay for an expensive procedure. Why not capture two markets? The trolls are silent here, but thought it was so bad that Tsuji was doing it

Last edited:

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but their main focus is the custom product which takes the patient's own follicle and recreates them as I understand. The second product is more generic, where you get hair from a donor. Probably somewhat suited to your own hair. This is, appararently, for the masses. I wonder what kind of pricing they are looking for regarding the first product. Since it is not for "the masses", it will probably not be cheap.

The "rogaine 2.0" doesn't worry me that much. It seems to be a by-product of their current research and not the priority. It shouldn't distract them in any way.

H

Reaction score
Yes, but their main focus is the custom product which takes the patient's own follicle and recreates them as I understand. The second product is more generic, where you get hair from a donor. Probably somewhat suited to your own hair. This is, appararently, for the masses. I wonder what kind of pricing they are looking for regarding the first product. Since it is not for "the masses", it will probably not be cheap.

The "rogaine 2.0" doesn't worry me that much. It seems to be a by-product of their current research and not the priority. It shouldn't distract them in any way.
They said it wasnt for "the masses"?