Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only slightly positive thing from the interview is that Stemson apparently eyes other markets than the US to commercialize first, in order to avoid the FDA trials. So let's say the "R&D optimization" goes well and human trials succeed, this treatment could be on the Japanese market in a couple of years.

But that's best case scenario and that seldom happens in reality t.
I would be verry happy if this will be available in 10 years

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"aaaand it starts again, the downfall of the next “promising company”, it really is a never-ending circle, it is just a too complex problem for our current technology. That’s it."
Cenk Sumen left stemson, bad sign

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
"aaaand it starts again, the downfall of the next “promising company”, it really is a never-ending circle, it is just a too complex problem for our current technology. That’s it."
Cenk Sumen left stemson, bad sign
huge hit to the research and development team :(. Why do you think he left after all this time?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously not usually a great sign when your CTO leaves but the guy's primary focus was always cancer. Not going to be a surprise when he moves onto a larger opportunity in that field.

I wouldn't look into it as an immediate negative, if you look at his career history he doesn't seem to spend more then 1-2 years at any one job. He's done it for the last decade or more. His longest tenure in any one position other then teaching was only 1 month longer then his tenure at Stemson and not one of those has been a failed venture.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously not usually a great sign when your CTO leaves but the guy's primary focus was always cancer. Not going to be a surprise when he moves onto a larger opportunity in that field.
this situation reminds me 2020 and Tsujis departure from organ tech, we all know the rest of the history

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
this situation reminds me 2020 and Tsujis departure from organ tech, we all know the rest of the history
No, that would be one of the Co-founders leaving Stemson. Spin this however you want but it's not uncommon for people to leave positions after 1.5-2 years in a large role, it's actually the standard practice. Cenk was just a standard hire, not a founder.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, that would be one of the Co-founders leaving Stemson. Spin this however you want but it's not uncommon for people to leave positions after 1.5-2 years in a large role, it's actually the standard practice. Cenk was just a standard hire, not a founder.
in my opinion, he simply did not see a future in this technology, their plan is too expensive and complicated, who will buy stemson hair for 200, 300 ... k $?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
in my opinion, he simply did not see a future in this technology, their plan is too expensive and complicated, who will buy stemson hair for 200, 300 ... k $?
Cool but what is your opinion worth? Not much here, unfortunately. I just showed you the guys pattern of his career; two years per role. Instant dismissal and you think the technology is dead with no further information provided and despite the fact they just added 2 more prominent scientists to the advisory board then Cenk is.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool but what is your opinion worth? Not much here, unfortunately. I just showed you the guys pattern of his career; two years per role. Instant dismissal and you think the technology is dead with no further information provided and despite the fact they just added 2 more prominent scientists to the advisory board then Cenk is.
WAsnt Tsuji a prominent scientist?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
WAsnt Tsuji a prominent scientist?
Tsuji was the inventor/chief scientist of the technology, that's why it's called Tsuji lol. For Stemson, Alexey Terskikh is the the one who created the science to regenerate the follicles. If Alexey had left the company, I would conclude this is likely game over as well just like it was with Organ technologies/Tsuji.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
For all we know, he could have been sacked.
Not much to conclude
Nah, this guy is going to just be a bigger player in a bigger company/oppertunity, almost guaranteed. He's been climbing the ladder for a decade now and this is par for the course. No press release or replacement announcement kind of suggests that they didn't see it coming.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you have VCs in your board, if the company doesn’t make progress in the pace they want, heads start to roll

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
" If you look at stemsons research team you will see they are now only noobs who are masters students. They have no true fire power besides at the computational level. Stemson must recruit Chinese scientists. Their funding is running out" good opinion imo

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is that for a biotech company, $ 22.5M raised (Stemsons number) means you are severely underfunded.

I’ve sad it before, It took BILLIONS before, for instance, Moderna was able to bring something to the market.

Let’s face it, by the energy and “optimism” Geoff is showing during his last presentations, Stemson is probably taking a beating in the pigs research and their hairs probably currently look like pubes at best. The size of the problem they are trying to solve is gigantic and they needed a team at least 5-10 bigger to make it for a fair game.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is that for a biotech company, $ 22.5M raised (Stemsons number) means you are severely underfunded.

I’ve sad it before, It took BILLIONS before, for instance, Moderna was able to bring something to the market.

Let’s face it, by the energy Geoff is showing during his presentation, Stemsin is probably taking a beating in the pigs research and their hairs probably currently look like pubes at best. The size of the problem they are trying to solve is gigantic and they needed a team at least 5-10 bigger to make it for a fair game.
100% agree, their aproach failed

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
missing the brotzu guys that would tear this thread apart..stemson is stuck at pigs, it's mice 2.0 and tsuji ain't got money for further research, hope L'Oreal or something similar is going to bioprint hair, cloning won't be reality in the near future