Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope this if it ever comes out works for dupa and they make the follicles dht resistant that would be sick
But I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it as it will be expensive as hell and I'll probably be 70 when its available to the public.im 45 now

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope this if it ever comes out works for dupa and they make the follicles dht resistant that would be sick
But I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it as it will be expensive as hell and I'll probably be 70 when its available to the public.im 45 now
The DHT resistant aspect I'm sure will be figured out, the DUPA one is a lot more tricky.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you asked Dr Bisasg what he thinks about hair cloning and Stemson in particular?

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they figure how to make the hair dht resistant then that is the cure for dupa as dupa guys have zero donor
Well with DUPA there's a lot of areas with thinning (thin hairs) but not total loss. How is that going to be dealt with?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread repeats itself every few pages

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you are like 80 or something, this sounds pretty ridiculous when you are commenting in the thread of a company that's trying to do it this decade.
Someone must have posted your comment somewhere back in 2001.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread repeats itself every few pages
Yep. Have you seen my recap on the SM thread? Same thing. Some exciting news, , rant goes on for a few pages, someone puts water on the fire, a few more pages of counter arguments based on pure vapor thoughts, lather, rinse and repeat.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, I forgot that past performance is indicative of future results. Everyone knows that science is stagnant and that technology has only hindered progress. How silly of me.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe this is why people who have a little more common sense are leaving this forum for discord servers where the focus is a lot more promising in term of results.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get blood test from a lab? Including full panel Thyroid, vitamin D and DHT to understand if the "sudden" hair loss is Androgenetic Alopecia or something else? If you Doctor didn't check you for blood levels that matter to hair growth and loss, he is an incompetent as he sounds.
the money is (appropriately) with cancer research. The good news is that some of the cancer treatments can be exploited for hair loss (as long as we tolerate the sides.) However people dying of cancer and using Daro, Enza, Fina don't get checked for hair regrowth since the life extension expectation is 6 months. Hair cloning is definitely the way to go as it won't require us to know the details on Androgenetic Alopecia if we have hair that resist it. Hair cloning still presents dangers though. And cloning an organ is not exactly something I would call simple. So why are we still hoping this will happen in our life time?
cloning an organ is actually a lot simpler than you might think. you are not actually engineering all of the cells types yourself, you look at what happened during organogensis in the embryo and then you try to recreate this occurence, the cells are doibg the differentiation and migration signaling for you and you do not really have to understans what is going on

e. g we know hair follicles and other appendeges ariae from an interaction between epithel and mesynchime later being undifferentiated connecgive tissue in embrios. and thats exactly the approach of tsuji basifally. takeDP cells, populate them combine them with epithelial cells then you have an organoid ams then you implant it. it works because we have seen human hairs frowing on mice with transplanted human skin

now are there issues with it? surely but nothing thaz could not be ironed out durinf "our lifetime" are you kidding me?

if it were not for funding i am aost certain hair cloning would be in human clinical trials like now one way or the other.

10 years ago nobody knew of induced pluripotent szem cells, nobody knew about all this 20 years ago at all. haircloning will obviously happen, not because there is a need for it or an incentive but because there is a need and incentive for things that are harder than hair cloning like regenerating a spinal cord or a liver or cloning a human heart. the tech developed will easily accomplish applying this to hair. i mean there is a very discrete number of issues that stemson still needs to solve but they are quite far, inductivity was an issue, that is solved, cyclinf was an issue, that is solved, now mass production with iPC is still an issue as well as getting the exact right epiginetic type for the cells so they for example will not be androgen sensitive.

i would also disagree on it being the ojly hope, i think getting a better understanding of the molecular pathways imvolved is key for bogh tissue engineering and even modifications without it, i think RNA tech holds the biggest promise for androgemic alopecia actually.

people always say gene editing but do not know what it means.

inhibitory or microRNA that bind to mRNA and build a complex that is then degraded so protein like andeogen receptor or 5AR cannot be translated. Olix for example is working on this. youcan do this for any protein, you can also do post translational degradation like kintor is attempting

there are many promising new technologies other than hair cloning and hairbalways benefits from need out of other areas of medicine, it is never the driver of any technological advances and so will it be with hair cloning and tissue engineering in general. justthe need for functional skin regeneration with all its appendeges(glands, hair) for examppe for severe burn wounds is enough reason the tech will be developed

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah when i went to school it was fundamentallx believed thaz you can not cure or vaccinate against HIV due to its high mutation rate and ability to hide in certain tissues during HAART, the cure was also always 5 years away. and recrnt developments are pretgy positive and there will be a human clinical trials for an HIV vaccine soon. i dont know what it is called but i am pretty sure this is a fallacy where due to past overestimation of understanding you can extrwpolate that you knowledge will never be enoigh in the future. in 2001 we knew sh*t about molecular biology, rissue engineering etc. we know a lot more now and hold your breath, we still know sh*t compared to what we will on 2035. so at some ppint the knowledge andnunderstanding will absolutely be enoigh and i dont think itnwill be that far out that we will not see it in our lives

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how is it with this hair cloning, is it carcinogenic or not? or there is no definite answer>?
most propably not but i think it dependsnon the approach. first oc all stop talking about cancer, not ever tumor is a cancer in fact most are not maligant. there is no alteration in your genetic profile, mutarions can arise during proliferation i suppose bit they can screen the important genes and i think they actually did and found no issues. with the stemson IPC approach there could be an issue due to epiginetic memory thaz is because they use blood cells and dedifferentiate them but much of the epiginome persists or rather we do not know how these cells will behave because clearly the proteins they uses to express as fibroblasts or blood cells are not the same and if they are integrated in new tissues it could be a problem. this is one of the things holding back ipc research in spinal cord injuries. but i think they commentedbor wrote in some paper than the risk is probably quite low ans again you know the genes that are usually involved in cancer, tumor suppressor or promotor genes, all genes that are involved in the cell cycle, growth factors, factors that induce aptotosis and those that regulate transcription. so you can see if there are any abnormalities right there. other than that i do not see what would cause a tumor

one should add that this would be an insane amount of work. but once again there is interest form many areas of medicine to see progress in regenerative medicine and tissue engineering so its not like the problem is completely unique at all, if you want to make non cancerous injections for your spinal cord, assuring the same thing for hair is easy

Last edited:

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Ilyas Singeç and
@ncats_nih_gov
colleagues established a robotic platform and automated all essential steps of human #iPSC culture and #differentiation under chemically defined conditions.

Robotic high-throughput biomanufacturing and functional differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells​

• Robotic cell culture platform facilitates standardized maintenance and rapid expansion of multiple hiPSC lines in parallel

• Automated multi-lineage differentiation and reliable generation of functional cell types

• Detailed comparison of manual versus automated cell culture

• Robotic scalable biomanufacturing compatible with 2D and 3D cell culture formats

Summary​

Efficient translation of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) requires scalable cell manufacturing strategies for optimal self-renewal and functional differentiation. Traditional manual cell culture is variable and labor intensive, posing challenges for high-throughput applications. Here, we established a robotic platform and automated all essential steps of hiPSC culture and differentiation under chemically defined conditions. This approach allowed rapid and standardized manufacturing of billions of hiPSCs that can be produced in parallel from up to 90 different patient- and disease-specific cell lines. Moreover, we established automated multi-lineage differentiation and generated functional neurons, cardiomyocytes, and hepatocytes. To validate our approach, we compared robotic and manual cell culture operations and performed comprehensive molecular and cellular characterizations (e.g., single-cell transcriptomics, mass cytometry, metabolism, electrophysiology) to benchmark industrial-scale cell culture operations toward building an integrated platform for efficient cell manufacturing for disease modeling, drug screening, and cell therapy.

Full paper:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe this is why people who have a little more common sense are leaving this forum for discord servers where the focus is a lot more promising in term of results.
Hah sure, like any of the discord servers have had results.