Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is nice but doesn't know sh*t about how research funding works. If they knew this will lead nowhere, they would not invest at all.

What happens is that investors will continuously invest in the research as it reaches its development milestones. This allows i) a limited risk for the investors who limits their sunk costs if the research fails during its development phase and ii) less dilution for the management as each milestones triggers a greater company valuation and therefore, each new investment is less diluting than it would have been if it were a one-shot investment at the very beginning of research.

In addition to that, there is no financial player in the industry keen to invest 15m€ in what he perceives as a busted tech. 99% of the times, funds have ticket size limitations (i.e. a min and max of investment size). This prevents the fund to invest insignificant amounts. Investments funds are very pragmatic when it comes to money, believe me.

My point is not to say this will be a success but that there is nothing, if not good news, to conclude from this funding round.
in my case only stemson can help

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
"15 million is absolutely nothing when we talk about this kind of investment, and the profit potential of a hair loss cure. It just shows they know this will lead nowhere."
I don't always invest 15 million dollars in a company, but when I do it's because I know it will lead nowhere

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
"15 million is absolutely nothing when we talk about this kind of investment, and the profit potential of a hair loss cure. It just shows they know this will lead nowhere."
Does he know it's a series A investment? Or even what that is? What exactly is he expecting, people to throw around hundreds of millions for invalidated ideas? Someone should tell him that Facebook's Series A was around 12.5 million dollars, so I guess this company is a little bit less likely to lead no where then Facebook?

Once Stemson has some proof of concept trials or is about to move into human trials, they will raise another round of funding in the ball park of 35-60 mil.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does he know it's a series A investment? Or even what that is? What exactly is he expecting, people to throw around hundreds of millions for invalidated ideas? Someone should tell him that Facebook's Series A was around 12.5 million dollars, so I guess this company is a little bit less likely to lead no where then Facebook?

Once Stemson has some proof of concept trials or is about to move into human trials, they will raise another round of funding in the ball park of 35-60 mil.
count on stemson, no gene editing will help and bring back a full head of hair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is nice but doesn't know sh*t about how research funding works. If they knew this will lead nowhere, they would not invest at all.

What happens is that investors will continuously invest in the research as it reaches its development milestones. This allows i) a limited risk for the investors who limits their sunk costs if the research fails during its development phase and ii) less dilution for the management as each milestones triggers a greater company valuation and therefore, each new investment is less diluting than it would have been if it were a one-shot investment at the very beginning of research.

In addition to that, there is no financial player in the industry keen to invest 15m€ in what he perceives as a busted tech. 99% of the times, funds have ticket size limitations (i.e. a min and max of investment size). This prevents the fund to invest insignificant amounts. Investments funds are very pragmatic when it comes to money, believe me.

My point is not to say this will be a success but that there is nothing, if not good news, to conclude from this funding round.
Well explained!

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"honestly, ive been balding aggressively, I was a Tsuji saint, I followed every statement he released. and I dont think Stemson is gonna make it. like I threw in the towel. the ceo of Stemson even released a detailed plan about releasing a cream. and honestly I think thats whats gonna happen. after histogen failed(funny enough I called in 2016 volunteering for a trial in Mexico, never heard back), replicel is a waste at 10% improvement. like I love my face, but damn bald doesn’t suit me, im only 21."

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"honestly, ive been balding aggressively, I was a Tsuji saint, I followed every statement he released. and I dont think Stemson is gonna make it. like I threw in the towel. the ceo of Stemson even released a detailed plan about releasing a cream. and honestly I think thats whats gonna happen. after histogen failed(funny enough I called in 2016 volunteering for a trial in Mexico, never heard back), replicel is a waste at 10% improvement. like I love my face, but damn bald doesn’t suit me, im only 21."
Source for Stemson working on a cream?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love to hear about people with 0 insights other then their own admitted biases telling people why something wont work.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Source for Stemson working on a cream?
product 3
Hair modulation drug
• Scalable DP cell production enables drug screening
• Search for molecules that impeded DP cell function
• Topical cream or injectablesolution to address hair removal market
• Can run product development in parallel with product 1 & 2

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think no one expected human trials in a year: D Geoff is honest it may take over 10 years, if they don't make significant progress, the company will collapse, I don't understand why he says that they are the only ones who do this, after all Tsuji had success too

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tldr: they are years from testing on human, And when they reach to human it would take more years. My guess is 5 years for pigs and then for human.
it's good that they want to be sure before starting human trials

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I understood, it is more than 10 years away from getting into the clinics mh.

Anyways, Stemson is taking part in the ipsc therapies summit in december.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I understood, it is more than 10 years away from getting into the clinics mh.

Anyways, Stemson is taking part in the ipsc therapies summit in december.
I think in around 10 years its would be out . It would be hard to get investors for somthing more then this time frame. Any investor would want to get their money back in reasonable time frame .