Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

H

Reaction score
correct me if I am wrong, but did the previous saviors of the bald people not get money for research and provided us absolutely nothing.....
Yes but those other ones weren't real researchers or companies they were fake researchers and companies and this is 2021 and back then was the middle ages with regards to tech and Stemson is all about family and chivalry and the others were about increasing human suffering and so on. Those are the responses your going to get let's just get it out of the way.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but those other ones weren't real researchers or companies they were fake researchers and companies and this is 2021 and back then was the middle ages with regards to tech and Stemson is all about family and chivalry and the others were about increasing human suffering and so on. Those are the responses your going to get let's just get it out of the way.
isn't Tsuji a scientist? also had a solution to the problem why no human trials yet? hamilton can write and say what he wants, I'm only interested in the result, when I see two pictures on one, a bald head and on the other the same head with hair, thick and shiny, then I will believe by the way, have any of you invested in cryonics?

Reactions: H

H

Reaction score
isn't Tsuji a scientist? also had a solution to the problem why no human trials yet? hamilton can write and say what he wants, I'm only interested in the result, when I see two pictures on one, a bald head and on the other the same head with hair, thick and shiny, then I will believe by the way, have any of you invested in cryonics?
Nah I agree with you i just saying what others will

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Setback or delay? They sound more like they've realized that it maybe won't be possible at all and could take years instead of starting trials soon.
It literally blows my mind that people can sit there and type things like this as the CEO is standing there with a fresh 15 million dollar check in his hand from biotech giants who are itching to partner with him.

Guys, use some common sense, please. I know many of you default to instant negativity as a means of existence, but realize that not everyone is trying to scam you into getting hyped over their over-promised product. This company has nothing to sell you, and wont have anything to sell you unless they are successful. This isn't a cream or lotion, it's literal organ cloning.

Just put it in the back of your mind and forget about it for a few years rather then arguing and debating over your opinions from a single sentence in a press release.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It literally blows my mind that people can sit there and type things like this as the CEO is standing there with a fresh 15 million dollar check in his hand from biotech giants who are itching to partner with him.

Guys, use some common sense, please. I know many of you default to instant negativity as a means of existence, but realize that not everyone is trying to scam you into getting hyped over their over-promised product. This company has nothing to sell you, and wont have anything to sell you unless they are successful. This isn't a cream or lotion, it's literal organ cloning.

Just put it in the back of your mind and forget about it for a few years rather then arguing and debating over your opinions from a single sentence in a press release.
do not praise the day before the sun goes down, the fact that they have money is very good news, but not that much money the companies were losing, to be honest, I personally believe in the success of this company, but I'm far from optimistic, you have to be realistic and the facts are, Since we don't have a single proof of their technology, the mouse model literally means nothing to be honest, I personally hope that their treatment will be available in 2030 and it will be a full head of hair, not 100 additional hair, if it appeared earlier I would be positively surprised

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
do not praise the day before the sun goes down, the fact that they have money is very good news, but not that much money the companies were losing, to be honest, I personally believe in the success of this company, but I'm far from optimistic, you have to be realistic and the facts are, Since we don't have a single proof of their technology, the mouse model literally means nothing to be honest, I personally hope that their treatment will be available in 2030 and it will be a full head of hair, not 100 additional hair, if it appeared earlier I would be positively surprised
If you think the mouse model means nothing, you don't understand what's happening here. Same goes for Tsuji, that mouse model is not the same as regular hairloss mouse models where they just grow mouse hair on shaved mice. It's cloned human hair on the body of a nude mouse. Alexei (the cofounder who's science this is based on) was the first person to clone a human hair in a lab, period. This sets them apart from basically any other company/process ever except for Tsuji, but these guys are actually funded and organized.

Either way, I'm saying the exact same thing as you. I'm not telling people that this is the end of hairloss and to be overly optimistic. I'm just saying to stop wasting your time/effort debating the process based on single lines of text in an interview. I think Stemson has a really good shot of accomplishing what they set out to, which is to offer us unlimited hair in the future. That future isn't going to be in the next 5~ years though, so don't cling to the idea of them as being some savior to rescue you from your current situation.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you think the mouse model means nothing, you don't understand what's happening here. Same goes for Tsuji, that mouse model is not the same as regular hairloss mouse models where they just grow mouse hair on shaved mice. It's cloned human hair on the body of a nude mouse. Alexei (the cofounder who's science this is based on) was the first person to clone a human hair in a lab, period. This sets them apart from basically any other company/process ever except for Tsuji, but these guys are actually funded and organized.

Either way, I'm saying the exact same thing as you. I'm not telling people that this is the end of hairloss and to be overly optimistic. I'm just saying to stop wasting your time/effort debating the process based on single lines of text in an interview. I think Stemson has a really good shot of accomplishing what they set out to, which is to offer us unlimited hair in the future. That future isn't going to be in the next 5~ years though, so don't cling to the idea of them as being some savior to rescue you from your current situation.
I am counting on 2030

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are looking in all the wrong places. The key is increasing anagen to cis-female adult female norms which can be 3.33 times longer than for guys. So even if you get all of the follicles working, if they only last one year then it's never going to work in terms of "curing" baldness. Hair loss fertilizers don't work nor mad topicals with stacks of 23 ingredients. Estradiol mediates hair growth and hair recovery. So to the extent that AA's work for hair loss, it is because, say, bicalutamide increases estrogen levels by spoofing the system but without estradiol, it's like pushing on a string.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are looking in all the wrong places. The key is increasing anagen to cis-female adult female norms which can be 3.33 times longer than for guys. So even if you get all of the follicles working, if they only last one year then it's never going to work in terms of "curing" baldness. Hair loss fertilizers don't work nor mad topicals with stacks of 23 ingredients. Estradiol mediates hair growth and hair recovery. So to the extent that AA's work for hair loss, it is because, say, bicalutamide increases estrogen levels by spoofing the system but without estradiol, it's like pushing on a string.
so stemson wont be effective?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so stemson wont be effective?
I have very little but the past to base my prognosis on but this is sort of a running joke on HairLossTalk.com. None of these companies ever meet their schedules or there's always some article about proceeding to round two in May of 2026 or something like that and then they miss that date and fade away.

I just don't think pig hair would do it for me, either.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You don't think 5 years is possible anymore even for people willing to pay a premium price?

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing new :(
Instead interviewing Hamilton, they should get a interview with Alexey.

He may able to say what they already done in terms of technology and what is the next steps and changelles. It will be more instering instead of emotional speeches about baldness

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing new :(
Instead interviewing Hamilton, they should get a interview with Alexey.

He may able to say what they already done in terms of technology and what is the next steps and changelles. It will be more instering instead of emotional speeches about baldness
We will wait a bit for such an interview, I wonder if this hair will last more than one season, I honestly write, I hope for commercialization in 2030

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"15 million is absolutely nothing when we talk about this kind of investment, and the profit potential of a hair loss cure. It just shows they know this will lead nowhere."

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"15 million is absolutely nothing when we talk about this kind of investment, and the profit potential of a hair loss cure. It just shows they know this will lead nowhere."
This guy is nice but doesn't know sh*t about how research funding works. If they knew this will lead nowhere, they would not invest at all.

What happens is that investors will continuously invest in the research as it reaches its development milestones. This allows i) a limited risk for the investors who limits their sunk costs if the research fails during its development phase and ii) less dilution for the management as each milestones triggers a greater company valuation and therefore, each new investment is less diluting than it would have been if it were a one-shot investment at the very beginning of research.

In addition to that, there is no financial player in the industry keen to invest 15m€ in what he perceives as a busted tech. 99% of the times, funds have ticket size limitations (i.e. a min and max of investment size). This prevents the fund to invest insignificant amounts. Investments funds are very pragmatic when it comes to money, believe me.

My point is not to say this will be a success but that there is nothing, if not good news, to conclude from this funding round.