Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it will be better when health span increases, though. When we think of old age now, we think of not being able to do much and living a certain way.
I agree with you, but I want to be pretty active when I am older. I exercise, have good habits and a health head.

If you still hate your life, you can always just rope!
Oh. I love life. I could easily live 150-300 years. But I am thinking of virtual immortality... I don't know if I would want to live 5000 years, for example. Imagine how traumatizing would be to lose a friend after 500 years. Happiness and sorrow would be greater than ever before. I imagine that most ppl would dive into VR eventually when they become desensitized to everything. Personally, I guess I would live as long as I could and then I would just stop prolonging my life at some point in time.

Hehehe This reminds me of the Tolkien's books.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
E
Scientists today can’t cure cavity, neither much more serious diseases like cancer, heart failure...So, stop living in delusion that you will live 115 years and gonna date 25 years old girls.

Your 60’s not gonna be your new 20’s. No matter how much scientists lies you.
I guess that everybody here knows that we are gonna die without a prolonge lifespan. Probably.

I am dating a 21 years old woman and I am 30 years old. And she did all the moves. There is nothing special about that. Age alone means nothing.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
E

I guess that everybody here knows that we are gonna die without a prolonge lifespan. Probably.

I am dating a 21 years old woman and I am 30 years old. And she did all the moves. There is nothing special about that. Age alone means nothing.
Age alone means nothing if the difference is not more than 15 years. If you are 50 years old it is very hardly that you will gonna date 25 years hot girls without being very rich.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scientists today can’t cure cavity, neither much more serious diseases like cancer, heart failure...So, stop living in delusion that you will live 115 years and gonna date 25 years old girls.

Your 60’s not gonna be your new 20’s. No matter how much scientists lies you.
I suggest you actually check where the research is at before making incredibly stupid statements like this. Scientists are not lying to me, I'm capable of doing my own research and understandings what pieces of the puzzle are needed to extend lifespan and where they currently are in research and development in addition to how quick the rate of discovery will go up with advances in computing & AI power.

You act like we're saying that every single person alive right now is going to become immortal. I'm just assuming that most people in this site are in their 30-40s or lower. These are the people that have 40+ years of science ahead of them that will make both incremental and large steps along the way to get them living longer and reset key cell structures to prolong ageing. Then comes the more advanced things like full on tissue and bone regeneration, but we are a decade or more away from that.

Without outside factors such as war, climate change or new diseases from plastic poisonings or something, the average life in the developed world is going to climb to about 90-95~ in the next decade or so and it will remain there until one of those large scale leaps in health technology happens. The increase to 90-95 will happen from simply from smart health technology that can predict things like heart disease and stroke weeks in advance (already exists, google it, it's a electric body patch) and advanced blood screenings for cancers that can be detected in their infancy (also exists and one of them was already approved last week in the UK).

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest you actually check where the research is at before making incredibly stupid statements like this. Scientists are not lying to me, I'm capable of doing my own research and understandings what pieces of the puzzle are needed to extend lifespan and where they currently are in research and development in addition to how quick the rate of discovery will go up with advances in computing & AI power.

You act like we're saying that every single person alive right now is going to become immortal. I'm just assuming that most people in this site are in their 30-40s or lower. These are the people that have 40+ years of science ahead of them that will make both incremental and large steps along the way to get them living longer and reset key cell structures to prolong ageing. Then comes the more advanced things like full on tissue and bone regeneration, but we are a decade or more away from that.

Without outside factors such as war, climate change or new diseases from plastic poisonings or something, the average life in the developed world is going to climb to about 90-95~ in the next decade or so and it will remain there until one of those large scale leaps in health technology happens. The increase to 90-95 will happen from simply from smart health technology that can predict things like heart disease and stroke weeks in advance (already exists, google it, it's a electric body patch) and advanced blood screenings for cancers that can be detected in their infancy (also exists and one of them was already approved last week in the UK).

everything would make sense if a 90-year-old man looked like a 20-year-old on the outside, we are still a long way from that, not a decade
besides, I prefer to invest in cryonics and have a chance for a new beautiful body, what after being 90 years old look like
20 years old but still ugly and short?

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what's your opinion on Aubrey de Grey and all his talk on repairing the damage the body does to itself?
Ik you didn't ask me but I think his approach is sound. The hallmarks of aging have already been identified. Therapies which address the hallmarks are in development. Some are already in human trials (such as senolytics). Other therapies such as epigenetic reprogramming (to reverse epigenetic markers of aging) are in preclinical stage.

I don't think we will "cure" aging within the next 50 years, no way. But I do think we will have enough therapies to extend our life so we can buy more time for there to be a cure. This is basically what the concept of longevity escape velocity is - extend life by more than 1 year for every year that goes by.

This is not even taking into account the impact AI may have on biotechnology: https://deepmind.com/blog/article/AlphaFold-Using-AI-for-scientific-discovery

Using history to predict the future is stupid imo. 50 years ago people probably used to put coconut oil on their heads to treat hair loss. 50 years from now baldness won't even be a problem because we will use gene editing technology to edit any baldness genes out of our scalp tissues.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ik you didn't ask me but I think his approach is sound. The hallmarks of aging have already been identified. Therapies which address the hallmarks are in development. Some are already in human trials (such as senolytics). Other therapies such as epigenetic reprogramming (to reverse epigenetic markers of aging) are in preclinical stage.

I don't think we will "cure" aging within the next 50 years, no way. But I do think we will have enough therapies to extend our life so we can buy more time for there to be a cure. This is basically what the concept of longevity escape velocity is - extend life by more than 1 year for every year that goes by.

This is not even taking into account the impact AI may have on biotechnology: https://deepmind.com/blog/article/AlphaFold-Using-AI-for-scientific-discovery

Using history to predict the future is stupid imo. 50 years ago people probably used to put coconut oil on their heads to treat hair loss. 50 years from now baldness won't even be a problem because we will use gene editing technology to edit any baldness genes out of our scalp tissues.

I think is more easy to we get a """cure""" in few years (around 5) instead of increase our lifetime.

This video is pretty old. But I have fun about the doctor saying this is decades away and never can go to market.
Companies like Stemson, Riken and so on are not wasting and will waste time and money for nothing

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think with out catastrophe between now and then, base ageing will be long solved and implemented in 50 years. Cellular reset and unlimited tissue/bone/cartilage regeneration. Neural degeneration will be more difficult to crack but still should be more or less perfected in 50~ years time. I don't know what the outlook will be for max lifespan though, but it's also not that far of a stretch to think that the human conscious will be fully mapped and compatible with machine interfaces that could preserve life indefinitely.

I think it's a massive mistake/error to try and compare the last 50 (or the 40 before the last 10) with what the next 50 will be in terms of scientific and health advancements. Even with diminishing returns in production, a year or two now is easily worth more then a decade of research in the 60s-90s. I can screen hundreds of thousands of compounds in my bedroom using python and a ML model against different conditions and gene expressions, something that it would have taken a lab full of Masters students months to parse through in the 80s or 90s. It's a completely different era of science.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think with out catastrophe between now and then, base ageing will be long solved and implemented in 50 years. Cellular reset and unlimited tissue/bone/cartilage regeneration. Neural degeneration will be more difficult to crack but still should be more or less perfected in 50~ years time. I don't know what the outlook will be for max lifespan though, but it's also not that far of a stretch to think that the human conscious will be fully mapped and compatible with machine interfaces that could preserve life indefinitely.
What about sex after mind mapping?

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can screen hundreds of thousands of compounds in my bedroom using python and a ML model against different conditions and gene expressions,
Yup they're already using AI for drug discovery. Eventually they'll use AI for much more. The next 50 years is the biotech revolution, like the last 50 was the tech revolution.
What about sex after mind mapping?
You still won't get laid bro

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"We are well aware the history of false promises, over-hype and failed attempts to develop hair loss solutions. While I cannot yet promise we will succeed, I can project new hope that a serious and highly reputable team of expert scientists, cell biologists, bioengineers, bioinformaticians, biotech executives, biotech investors, and therapeutics developers have come together at Stemson Therapeutics to make an earnest attempt at applying the latest breakthrough technologies in therapeutics to solve hair loss once and for all."

an old melody from the past .....

"To be sure, generating hair follicles is an extremely difficult challenge to solve. Controlling and directing live biology is hard. It will involve a multi-disciplinary approach including cellular reprogramming, biomaterial engineering, tissue engineering, machine learning and analysis of biological data, and robotic transplantation solutions."

where are the optimists who saw the $ 50k price tag.......

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Tsuji will succeed and be less expensive I will laugh my bald *** off

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it is a good news by a way. Thanks for sharing.

But unfortunally, he didn't give me confidence that they will find the solution. Now, my best expectation of hair clone will be from Yokohoma University.
"To be sure, generating hair follicles is an extremely difficult challenge to solve. Controlling and directing live biology is hard. It will involve a multi-disciplinary approach including cellular reprogramming, biomaterial engineering, tissue engineering, machine learning and analysis of biological data, and robotic transplantation solutions."

"to solve hair loss once and for all"
The price don't seens to be a "big issue" for me at the moment.
The biggest problem should be the time and the chance to develop it.
For sure from his letter the solution is too far yet.

The news I want to see from Stemson, at the moment, is the reason of this topic. The result from tests with the minipigs.
Hope this is going fine since they are getting investors.

Last edited:

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"We are well aware the history of false promises, over-hype and failed attempts to develop hair loss solutions. While I cannot yet promise we will succeed, I can project new hope that a serious and highly reputable team of expert scientists, cell biologists, bioengineers, bioinformaticians, biotech executives, biotech investors, and therapeutics developers have come together at Stemson Therapeutics to make an earnest attempt at applying the latest breakthrough technologies in therapeutics to solve hair loss once and for all."

an old melody from the past .....

He's being realistic. Everyone else tries to hype themselves up saying they have a cure after growing hair in mice. Stemson is the only company taking hair cloning seriously.

I think $50-$100k is still possible. They're developing their solution with the intention of scaling which will definitely mean huge investments into R&D and equipment that they should be able to recoup from the velocity of treatments.