Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like Alexey is already over curing hair loss and is working on something else:
View attachment 165125
He was always a part time worker at Stemson. He self admitted he spends more time at his Stanford lab then working at Stemson, primarily because the research at his lab is a lot bigger then restoring hair.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He was always a part time worker at Stemson. He self admitted he spends more time at his Stanford lab then working at Stemson, primarily because the research at his lab is a lot bigger then restoring hair.

And, let's be completely honest, slowing down aging would be a bigger deal than finding the cure for hair loss.

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like Alexey is already over curing hair loss and is working on something else:
View attachment 165125
I think it is not good too. Is better to have a scientist focused in one goal only.
Does Stemson have another big guy in their research team?

Or Stemson is done and he continues his old work
I wish it. But I think that is too optimistic. If it is true, then they should release the result in the trial with minipigs and what is the next steps.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it would be fun if Alexey rejuvenated us instead of giving us new hair

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1000 years is a stretch, but hopefully most people here who are not unlucky to die early live into their mid 100s~ minimum.
Well to get to 150 in the first place, we would need to seriously rejuvenate our bodies. If we have the technology of rejuvenating our bodies, then I don't see why we can't use that technology indefinitely. Some examples are killing off senescent cells or doing epigenetic reprogramming on your existing aged somatic cells. These are therapies you can use over and over again.

Then there is also the concept of longevity escape velocity, where you extend life by more than 1 year for every year that goes by. I'm currently 22, if I were to live to 150, that means there is 130 more years for technology to develop for me to live significantly past 150.

Just look at how much biotech has advanced in the past 20 years alone. 100+ more years of biotech development boosted by intelligence in the form of AGI/ASI means people are gonna be living much longer than 150.

Anti aging/longevity is going to be a much bigger field than hair loss/cancer/dementia etc. I mean even Stemson is getting in on the action lol. Same with Samumed (Biosplice), even Tsuji I believe is working on regenerative technologies. This is the future.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we are still trying to grow hair and people are talking about living for 1000 years
How about curing something first like MS or Lou Gehrig's disease or arthritis or anything would be good. If you were born today you will live close to 80. Medical progress is moving at a snails pace. My dad died of cancer 20 years ago and if he got the same cancer today his prognosis would be the same...now that's progress. I gave up on a hair loss cure after the Histogen scam and i am just hoping my 10 year old will have better treatments then we have.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about curing something first like MS or Lou Gehrig's disease or arthritis or anything would be good. If you were born today you will live close to 80. Medical progress is moving at a snails pace. My dad died of cancer 20 years ago and if he got the same cancer today his prognosis would be the same...now that's progress. I gave up on a hair loss cure after the Histogen scam and i am just hoping my 10 year old will have better treatments then we have.
and it always amazes me that balding people have kids, probably just to get them going through the same sh*t as their father

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
and it always amazes me that balding people have kids, probably just to get them going through the same sh*t as their father
It's no guarantee. It can skip generations. Also, his mom could have very strong hair genes to lower the odds. If balding was a guarantee then I think everyone woman would refuse to marry bald men. They may have even a eugenics program to sterilize them like they did to poor men in India (led by a female leader ... hmmm)

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's no guarantee. It can skip generations. Also, his mom could have very strong hair genes to lower the odds. If balding was a guarantee then I think everyone woman would refuse to marry bald men. They may have even a eugenics program to sterilize them like they did to poor men in India (led by a female leader ... hmmm)
as for extending life, it's still a long way to go, I think to invest in cryonics, little chance, but it's always better to be frozen than buried and fucked by worms

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we are still trying to grow hair and people are talking about living for 1000 years
It is interesting to think about it. Pure philosophy. A longer life could be nice, but our minds get older too. It is common among seniors that some are tired of living. Unfortunately, we get used to everything in life. Everything loses its "magic" with time and we start to see the cycles in life.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is interesting to think about it. Pure philosophy. A longer life could be nice, but our minds get older too. It is common among seniors that some are tired of living. Unfortunately, we get used to everything in life. Everything loses its "magic" with time and we start to see the cycles in life.
do not write for everyone, my friend, I will never get bored with life, and if I regain my hair, youth and be healthy, it will be full of happiness, do you know a place more beautiful than the land we live on?

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do not write for everyone, my friend, I will never get bored with life, and if I regain my hair, youth and be healthy, it will be full of happiness, do you know a place more beautiful than the land we live on?
I said "some ppl", but it is interesting that there are ppl rdy to die. And to answer you: I don't know if there is anything after death, but the curiosity may eat ppl from inside-out with time and, in this case, a lot of time.

Technology, work, wars and even sex may become repetitive and boring with time. I am saying this and I am one of the most cheerful ppl I know hehehe It is like the difference between the way children and adults see the world. The joy that children have when discovering the world fades with time.

I would enjoy a longer life span, but not living forever.

Last edited:

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

"I think everyone woman would refuse to marry bald men" What? This is no sense.
Some womens doesn't care about hair. Also we have some man with hair that have balding sons, because mother side of family have genes of balding.
Then, by this logic (of choosing parteners by the probability of have balding kids). Us as men should not marry with women that have a bald father? And choose woman by their father, right?
Again, that seems complete no sense.

By the way I think discuss about live "forever" is not useful.
I mean, as we didn't get hair regeneration yet, a thing that seems a lot harder is close to be impossible at the moment.

Hopeful the research about hair multiplicatication are going very well at Stemson then Alexey have time to another studies.

Last edited: