Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"If I may suggest a follow on question that is very relevant:

Nobody has asked them yet about how close to a natural human hair is the best hair they can currently create right now.

In the last paper they published (years ago), they were using human iPSC to get the DP cells, but the epithelial cells were still taken from mice. And the hair didn’t look natural in the picture they provided (compared to a human hair). It was a breakthrough as a proof of concept, but we would expect that they are way ahead of that milestone nowadays.

My question is: if, as of now, they are able to produce a de novo hair with 100% human IPSC, and how close it looks to a real human hair (even if they can’t get their best result consistently yet).

I know they are probably won’t do it but if they could share with us a picture of what a de novo hair created with their tech currently looks like it would be amazing!"

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"On one hand I am enthusiast for having very qualified people working on such an ambitious project with money and investments to back them up. On the other hand this all sounds like something in the realm of possibilites, but still far away from being reality – how can one expect hair cloning to be available if they still have no idea when they will conduct trials nor if they can produce dht resistant hair?
If I have to be realistic my generation (25 – 35 yo ) will probably have to still go for hair transplant and hopefully rely on kintor or cassiopea to maintain as better and safer alternatives of finasteride. Unless we get some major breakthrough like crisps or mrna that can “bypass” the hair cloning thing and cure us"

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They more far away then ppl think.
They still dont know how to control alot of things in the process of making a legit treatment. In my opnion? The most important thing is creating hair that dosent die after 2-3 cycles. Tha quality dosent matter much i wont might rocking a buzz cut if i have head full of hair
it is honestly kind of hilarious to read these texts about what some forum member thinks does not matter lol. as if they would invest half a billion dollars for mediocre hair so that the average non HairLossTalk.com subscriber can get a buzz cut. if they are yielding for anything but non cosmetically good hair its pathetic and even less interesting for investors than it already is(which it is). frankly i think this entire discussion is quite insane so many years out with such detailed discussion. most likely scenario is delays in the process, loss of funding, the end. anyone remember intercytex?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is honestly kind of hilarious to read these texts about what some forum member thinks does not matter lol. as if they would invest half a billion dollars for mediocre hair so that the average non HairLossTalk.com subscriber can get a buzz cut. if they are yielding for anything but non cosmetically good hair its pathetic and even less interesting for investors than it already is(which it is). frankly i think this entire discussion is quite insane so many years out with such detailed discussion. most likely scenario is delays in the process, loss of funding, the end. anyone remember intercytex?
I believe that in some point hair cloning would be a thing. Its just a matter of time.
Altho there still not cure in the next years .
The next treatment are insanly close to the cure.
Ar degrader, scarless healing,Bayer solution.

all those new approuch are way more intresting and some of them in thoery should almost “cure “ hairloss.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that in some point hair cloning would be a thing. Its just a matter of time.
Altho there still not cure in the next years .
The next treatment are insanly close to the cure.
Ar degrader, scarless healing,Bayer solution.

all those new approuch are way more intresting and some of them in thoery should almost “cure “ hairloss.
yes, but what will help restore hair to people who have become bald? what is the option other than cloning?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, but what will help restore hair to people who have become bald? what is the option other than cloning?
For now ? Scarless healling spouse on paper to recreate hair follicels, and HMI spouse to restore hair follicels functionality.

(all in theory of course)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson hasn't solved all the problems they thought they had when they started experimenting on pigs. There's no telling how long it will take them to figure it out, but they are well funded so there's a better chance they succeed than intercytex. Tsuji's approach is more fleshed out, and he is almost certain now to be the first to grow new hair on a human head. If you're not very rich just forget about hair cloning.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson hasn't solved all the problems they thought they had when they started experimenting on pigs. There's no telling how long it will take them to figure it out, but they are well funded so there's a better chance they succeed than intercytex. Tsuji's approach is more fleshed out, and he is almost certain now to be the first to grow new hair on a human head. If you're not very rich just forget about hair cloning.
the problem is that Tsuji has collapsed underground and it is unknown if his hair cloning project will ever be tested on humans

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
the problem is that Tsuji has collapsed underground and it is unknown if his hair cloning project will ever be tested on humans
Why is that a problem when you probably won't be able to afford it anyway

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is that a problem when you probably won't be able to afford it anyway
this is not a subject to consider whether I can afford it or not, the question is whether Tsuji has a ready product for human testing, knows that his hair will be permanent, how to control the color, thickness of the hair, and a surgeon would probably be needed for this procedure like traditional transplant, they didn't plan on doing it with a robot like stemson?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is not a subject to consider whether I can afford it or not, the question is whether Tsuji has a ready product for human testing, he knows that his hair will be permanent, he knows how to control the color, thickness of the hair, and a surgeon would probably be needed for this procedure like traditional transplant, they didn't plan on doing it with a robot like stemson?
Kyocera was developing a machine to do it. I don't know the status of that

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, some people here insist to put Tsuji ahead of Stemson despite the fact that Tusji went bust and is not even in the race anymore, lol.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, some people here insist to put Tsuji ahead of Stemson despite the fact that Tusji went bust and is not even in the race anymore, lol.
yes true, but as far as i know Tsuji is ready for human trials, Stemson is still far away

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes true, but as far as i know Tsuji is ready for human trials, Stemson is still far away
Yes he kind of declared we was ready for human trials, despite the fact that there is no record of him ever doing pre clinical studies, that he has no company, no dedicated team, and that he has no money for the project and is asking for donations.

Sure he is ready for clinical trials, just like J. Hewitt was ready too, lol

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes he kind of declared we was ready for human trials, despite the fact that there is no record of him ever doing pre clinical studies, that he has no company, no dedicated team, and that he has no money for the project and is asking for donations.

the research lasted several years, he started earlier than Stemson, besides, Tsuji's approach guarantees dht resistant hair, Stemson doesn't even think about it yet, he just focuses on creating hair

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes he kind of declared we was ready for human trials, despite the fact that there is no record of him ever doing pre clinical studies, that he has no company, no dedicated team, and that he is asking for donations.

None of us have a horse in this race, so I don't understand why you are acting like this. It doesn't matter to me if Tsuji or Alexey restores my hair, I just want hair.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of us have a horse in this race, so I don't understand why you are acting like this. It doesn't matter to me if Tsuji or Alexey restores my hair, I just want hair.
good point, but having competition will affect the price