Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson wouldn't qualify for an innivation passport, its pretty clear. They have to fill the criteria, they fall at the first hurdle.

a) the condition is life-threatening or seriously debilitating or

b) there is a significant patient or public health need

Hair loss is not life threatening or seriously debilitating and despite what users on here think, there isn't a significant need for it within the public health sector.
Their best chance is to argue that it's psychologically debilitating and that this treatment will pave the way for cell-based treatments for other organs.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Their best chance is to argue that it's psychologically debilitating and that this treatment will pave the way for cell-based treatments for other organs.
Well, Riken is superior to Stemson when it comes to "pave the way for cell-based treatments for other organs" lol.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Riken is superior to Stemson when it comes to "pave the way for cell-based treatments for other organs" lol.
True, but they can try.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

fortunis with a new page, also new information about stemson. In addition, the webinar. To everyone with a better knowledge of English. Please listen and summarize some information

Edit: I have now understood that the trials will start in 6-12 months?
or do they just mean that they will open an office in the uk?
Min 30

apparently many investors have applied to Stemson. They don't seem to have any investment problems. Means Tsuji failed. They also seem to have good relationships with regulators
Stemson will have 0 issue getting financing or regulatory approval, that's what happens when you properly structure a business plan, get VC funded and your product generates hype.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson will have 0 issue getting financing or regulatory approval, that's what happens when you properly structure a business plan, get VC funded and your product generates hype.
Don't act like they did it overnight. It's taken them years to get the funding they need. I still remember Terskikh giving an interview to us years ago saying he could cure us if he could just get the money but no one will give it to him.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't act like they did it overnight. It's taken them years to get the funding they need. I still remember Terskikh giving an interview to us years ago saying he could cure us if he could just get the money but no one will give it to him.
No one hands you millions of dollars in funding overnight. It's a process in which you build momentum but once the ball starts rolling if you deliver on your promises/targets it doesn't stop because everyone wants to get in on it. Even if it took years, the fact that they have done this in a way that scales quickly bodes very well for people who are currently losing their hair or are already bald.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone tell me if i interpreted minute 30 correctly? Will they start in 6-12 months?
From my understanding; no.

"To potentially stand up some sort of operation [...] in the next 6-12 months." -> in the UK.

But they would indeed try to make the first step to the UK the next 6-12 months, what POTENTIALLY could mean; open up an office, as you said, or something else, to prepare for clinical trails. They said, if I remember correctly that they want to conduct the (human) trails in the UK, because the regulatory is better than in the US.

I could imagine that they would start trails in the next few years. Possibly in 5 years, not a joke lol.

I might be totally wrong, would like to hear other opinions.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone tell me if i interpreted minute 30 correctly? Will they start in 6-12 months?
Thanks for sharing this, amazing find. Geoff did not say they'd start trials in 6-12 months, he was telling the guy from Fortunis that he'd considering doing trials there throughout the next 6-12 months (though I interpreted that as a polite way of saying no).

Also, from this video, I wasn't able to find anywhere where Geoff states that Stemson has many potential investors, but he did state that they were in a position to cherry pick investors who cared (though he might've been sucking up to the guy from Fortunis).

The big takeaway for me from that was at roughly 20:30 where Geoff states that Allergan will be the ones to take their cure to market if they succeed, and their scientists have "validated" that Stemson's approach.

One thing that was a bit disappointing is that Dr. Terskikh apparently only stops by the Stemson lab once or twice a week as he's maintaining his position as a researcher at the university. I would've thought if he was confident and passionate about this technology he'd work on it full time to get it out asap.

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they are moving to UK then starting the pig trials within a year or two?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So they are moving to UK then starting the pig trials within a year or two?
When did they say they would move to the UK?! I thought they would extend/move their R&D there. I'm confused.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When did they say they would move to the UK?! I thought they would extend/move their R&D there. I'm confused.
idk lol thats why im asking. I just want someone to summarize whats going on basically. Whats the timeline looking like or something.

ratty

My Regimen
Reaction score

fortunis with a new page, also new information about stemson. In addition, the webinar. To everyone with a better knowledge of English. Please listen and summarize some information

Edit: I have now understood that the trials will start in 6-12 months?
or do they just mean that they will open an office in the uk?
Min 30

apparently many investors have applied to Stemson. They don't seem to have any investment problems. Means Tsuji failed. They also seem to have good relationships with regulators

Great find! This looks really promising. They only make mention to the fact that would like to try and setup an office in the UK in the next 6-12 months in order to recruit scientists, I guess with the hope of doing trials at some point. They said Fortunis has a good relationship with the UK regulatory body to try and help with the R&D in the UK. There was a general point made saying they want to start human trials but no mention of where and when. But this does look promising and this is definitely not a scam. The one positive is that they are focusing solely on hair loss and I certainly hope they are successful.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this, amazing find. Geoff did not say they'd start trials in 6-12 months, he was telling the guy from Fortunis that he'd considering doing trials there throughout the next 6-12 months (though I interpreted that as a polite way of saying no).

Also, from this video, I wasn't able to find anywhere where Geoff states that Stemson has many potential investors, but he did state that they were in a position to cherry pick investors who cared (though he might've been sucking up to the guy from Fortunis).

The big takeaway for me from that was at roughly 20:30 where Geoff states that Allergan will be the ones to take their cure to market if they succeed, and their scientists have "validated" that Stemson's approach.

One thing that was a bit disappointing is that Dr. Terskikh apparently only stops by the Stemson lab once or twice a week as he's maintaining his position as a researcher at the university. I would've thought if he was confident and passionate about this technology he'd work on it full time to get it out asap.
Couple things;

Fortunis was really laying it on thick about the benefits of the UK for getting this pushed through. Geoff seemed to say they'd be making a decision on starting some operations there in the next 6-12 months, but otherwise it seems like this thing is going to be done in the USA, or both. Geoff also did say (while cued by Fortunis to boost their own importance) that they had were approached by many VCs after the Allergan funding, and yeah, that Allergan has already expressed interest in either acquiring them or at least taking it to market. That slide when they were speaking about this also indicated that they would be announcing their series A round of financing very soon, ie 1H 2021, so we'll probably get into on clinical process then.

I think they said that Dr. Terskikh drops by several times per week. As a CSO/lead scientist they have a team working under them anyways who does most of the work, so it's probably not much of a difference if he's physically there 60% of the time vs 100.

Lastly, it seems this is not going to be an affordable procedure for many people (at the start). The example the CEO used was Wayne Rooney spending 50k pounds on his transplants, and that there would be no shortage of wealthy people lining up for this procedure.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my understanding; no.

"To potentially stand up some sort of operation [...] in the next 6-12 months." -> in the UK.

But they would indeed try to make the first step to the UK the next 6-12 months, what POTENTIALLY could mean; open up an office, as you said, or something else, to prepare for clinical trails. They said, if I remember correctly that they want to conduct the (human) trails in the UK, because the regulatory is better than in the US.

I could imagine that they would start trails in the next few years. Possibly in 5 years, not a joke lol.

I might be totally wrong, would like to hear other opinions.
Nah, they originally planned to start human trials this year. Factor in a 6-9 month covid delay and we're probably looking at early 2022 trials. I'm sure they will announce their clinical intentions when the pig data is finalized.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
@trialAcc I don't know if I've asked you this question before. But what do you think when is this procedure on the market for the average joe?

For example in uk
I'm not actually sure what the development process for something like this would look like. Standard clinical trials in the USA take 7-10~ years, but this seems like cultured stem cell coupled with manually putting them back in place where follicles would be. Could be a lot quicker if it doesn't have to go through that same style process.

I would uneducatedly assume this will only need to pass safety trials and not phase 3 for efficacy prior to commercialization, as phase 3 is designed for efficacy vs existing treatments, and this would technically be an orphan procedure.

For the average joe? I would assume this process (if as successful as they claim) would be booked clean out by every young rich guy and women with imperfect hair. Similar to what Tsuji was saying, there will probably be significant cost barriers to start that will come down as it becomes more widely used. I also assume that their end goal is to have existing hair transplant clinics as the people using this procedure. Once it's in every clinic it will probably cost similar to what existing hair transplants do (and not Turkey hair transplants), or slightly more. I would assume 20-30k USD for a full head of hair.

Last edited:

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sehr interessant.
20-30k klingt fair, aber leider nach Jahren der Nutzung.
die ersten Jahre dann wahrscheinlich 50-70k
Glauben Sie, dass der Preis in der Türkei gleich oder vielleicht günstiger sein wird als beispielsweise in Deutschland?
Zarev already has a cure in my opinion for around 40-50k€. It would be helpful if some guy from this forum would actually get a hair transplant there. But from what I saw, he is the best surgeon for transplants. You can watch his procedure on his Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ4YD1LDCGR/?igshid=1ncedb95z03l2

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zarev doesn't clone, he ain't a cure just a good treatment if it's legit

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you have to define "cure". For me it is a cure. He doesn't even recommend using Finasteride after his sessions with nw6. You pay around 40k€ get a full head of hair and don't have to f*** around with your hormones.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not actually sure what the development process for something like this would look like. Standard clinical trials in the USA take 7-10~ years, but this seems like cultured stem cell coupled with manually putting them back in place where follicles would be. Could be a lot quicker if it doesn't have to go through that same style process.

I would uneducatedly assume this will only need to pass safety trials and not phase 3 for efficacy prior to commercialization, as phase 3 is designed for efficacy vs existing treatments, and this would technically be an orphan procedure.

For the average joe? I would assume this process (if as successful as they claim) would be booked clean out by every young rich guy and women with imperfect hair. Similar to what Tsuji was saying, there will probably be significant cost barriers to start that will come down as it becomes more widely used. I also assume that their end goal is to have existing hair transplant clinics as the people using this procedure. Once it's in every clinic it will probably cost similar to what existing hair transplants do (and not Turkey hair transplants), or slightly more. I would assume 20-30k USD for a full head of hair.
I'm just asking for opinion since I know no one has the answer, but do you think it's possible the "cure" will cost like $500k when it's first out?