Stay Away From This Terrible Drug Propecia

broko

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people really don't understand how harmful this drug can be. Lowering an important hormone by a massive amount and not expecting anything bad to happen. I've seen too many people who even quit the drug and suffer permanent side effects. This stuff is not natural and the companies pushing these drugs understate how serious and prevalent the side effects are

I mean the choice is yours, But sadly I feel most people don't understand how serious it is to lower A hormone in your body with a synthetic drug.

abcdefg

Reaction score
You have proof of this? Medical professionals I have talked to personally have told me its very safe, and none of their patients had issues. That was maybe 8 years ago so maybe more problems have surfaced since then.
The american hair loss association says propecia is the first line of defense against male pattern baldness. Its easy to criticize things, but at the end of day propecia is the only existing treatment that works.
This issue has countless and countless past discussions. Nothing you could ever list about it would new honestly. There are plenty of guys out there that have been on propecia for decades at this point so its pretty time tested long term already

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have proof of this? Medical professionals I have talked to personally have told me its very safe, and none of their patients had issues. That was maybe 8 years ago so maybe more problems have surfaced since then.
The american hair loss association says propecia is the first line of defense against male pattern baldness. Its easy to criticize things, but at the end of day propecia is the only existing treatment that works.
This issue has countless and countless past discussions. Nothing you could ever list about it would new honestly. There are plenty of guys out there that have been on propecia for decades at this point so its pretty time tested long term already
Yeah...blah...blah....blah I have sides from this crap...here and others place more guys had/have sides too.

Please don't say "finasteride it's very safe" because is not true

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah...blah...blah....blah I have sides from this crap...here and others place more guys had/have sides too.

You having sides changes nothing with what I said. No ever said it never has sides in anyone did they?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@broko Dude nobody cares go post on propeciahelp or something smh

Ive been on oral spironolactone and got ED so propecia is childs play really.. im f*****g with my heart on oral minoxidil too and zero fucks are given i just want hairs sprouting like tree trunks along my hairline :D

strjon

Reaction score
Started taking 1.25 milligrams of finasteride per day (5 mg pills cut up into quarters) in June 2010, so have been taking for over 7 years, every day. Finasteride is the only drug I have taken during this time period
Results:
It hasn't been a miracle cure by any means, but it did slow down the hair loss quite a bit, and once I combined it with Rogaine 5% minoxidil, have had some great results. Mind you, I've been realistic in my expectations and have only wanted to stop the hair loss with possibly a little regrowth, which I've had. So, I'm happy with the combination.
------------------------------
Side effects:
1. body hair has diminished greatly. Used to have back hair, don't anymore, hair on hands is gone as well. Only body hair remaining is chest hair, even hair on abdomen has decreased by at least 60%.
2. Sex drive has decreased over the years, but I'm in my 40s and approaching 50 now, so I don't think finasteride has much to do with that. I never noticed a sex drive decrease during the first 4 years. I haven't had any testosterone tests. Have never felt the need.
3. I developed osteoarthritis in one of my ankles at only 46 years old. Finasteride probably has nothing to do with this, and I didn't even bother mentioning finasteride to my podiatrist. Instead, chose to research it on the internet myself, and haven't found any correlation between finasteride and arthritis. I injured my ankle quite a bit in high school basketball, plus old airborne injury, so it's highly plausible my ankle condition is related to that.
----------------------------------------
Conclusion: Im happy with the results and would definitely do it again if I could go back in time. I still take finasteride and have no plans on stopping. If I ever found out that my ankle condition is related to finasteride (which I highly doubt), then my stance would turn 180 degrees.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Certainly propecia does have its disadvantages, but I'd rather take it than spironolactone and other drugs that turn you into a woman. Like that thread this is here, do not remember the name, power of strong regimen or something like that. People say whooo increadible results.. Are ya effing mad ? Would not go anywhere that sh*t he or she is on.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Certainly propecia does have its disadvantages, but I'd rather take it than spironolactone and other drugs that turn you into a woman. Like that thread this is here, do not remember the name, power of strong regimen or something like that. People say whooo increadible results.. Are ya effing mad ? Would not go anywhere that sh*t he or she is on.
I dont like that i have to experiment with tranny drugs but finasteride is not working for me so i have to get crazy if i wanna keep my hair.. side effects are a mere minor inconvenience to me tbh

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I would only recommend people with aggressive thinning take this drug. If I was a NW2 or even a NW3 with good density, I wouldn't take it. The fact I was a NW5 diffuse with my entire hairline slowly disintegrating is what pushed me to do it.

I wouldn't recommend people who have a stable family history of male pattern baldness (relatively low Norwood) and some recession to take it. Recession on guys doesn't have to look bad, as long as your density is good otherwise.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont like that i have to experiment with tranny drugs but finasteride is not working for me so i have to get crazy if i wanna keep my hair.. side effects are a mere minor inconvenience to me tbh

Sorry to hear that :/. Finasteride does not do well in the frontal region for me (a pill). A mixture of finasteride and minoxidil works alright for my front. However, due to a hair transplant I had to stop using minoxidil and shedding was brutal. Seems to stabilize now and I still have to wait another months till I can apply it again.

Have you tried dutasteride, RU or CB ? :)

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, you convinced me. Today I discontinue finasteride completely (because such a potent drug not worth the risk) and instead will increase my spironolactone dosage to 200 mg/day, cyproterone to 12.5 mg ed and estradiol to 4 mg/ed.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that :/. Finasteride does not do well in the frontal region for me (a pill). A mixture of finasteride and minoxidil works alright for my front. However, due to a hair transplant I had to stop using minoxidil and shedding was brutal. Seems to stabilize now and I still have to wait another months till I can apply it again.

Have you tried dutasteride, RU or CB ? :)

f*** dutasteride, propecia has accelerated my frontal loss unfortunately and i could only imagine dutasteride would do the same, only worse. I've not tried RU or CB but im tempted to give RU a go. Im not so sure about CB.. i mean did anyone actually get results from it? Im on oral minoxidil right now alongside finasteride, went through a shed and i think its ending, still ongoing but its a light shed right now.

g.i joey

Reaction score

Your isolated incident doesn't dictate the outcome for the millions of users. Finasteride is in fact a very safe drug with a relatively safe side effect profile. You don't have a clue about medications and safety profiles if you disagree with me, which would make sense on why u make such bold clueless statements

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your isolated incident doesn't dictate the outcome for the millions of users. Finasteride is in fact a very safe drug with a relatively safe side effect profile. You don't have a clue about medications and safety profiles if you disagree with me, which would make sense on why u make such bold clueless statements

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfsglo...goldstein-shares-the-truth-science-behind-pfs

Take your head out of the sand and listen to this interview and tell me if you still believe it's very safe.

This drug should have never even been FDA approved to begin with.

Blind sheep. You probably were half a man to begin with if you have ZERO sides.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
This stuff is not natural

No sh*t, it's a drug

Have recovered YEARS worth of lost hair. Been masterbating to completion 2-3x a day lately I've been so horny. Have a better muscle mass/body fat ratio than any other male I know

Damn I am glad I got on this drug

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sh*t, it's a drug

Have recovered YEARS worth of lost hair. Been masterbating to completion 2-3x a day lately I've been so horny. Have a better muscle mass/body fat ratio than any other male I know

Damn I am glad I got on this drug

Really gotta wonder who anonymous people like you are lol.

Lol everybody using this crap has a dead dick. Common sense.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Blind sheep. You probably were half a man to begin with if you have ZERO sides.

Lmaoo why do you feel the need to personally attack me? Based off what? That I can tolerate the drug and you can't? Is that what you're mad about? You sound like a little salty b**ch with or without propecia you were probably never much of a man anyways. Stop blaming drugs for your shortcomings in life and start looking in the mirror